Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feelings revealed ❯ feelings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter 1: Feelings
Edward grimaced as his nerves were attached one by one to his automail. “Ready Ed?” asked Winry, Ed clenched his teeth and then held back a scream as his arm and leg were activated. Al watched from the seat in the corner, sympathising for his brother.
It had been five years since Ed had given his own body up to get Al's body back and then he had disappeared into the gate, wrenched backwards by the black hands. One year ago, Ed had returned from the other side of the gate and now he was 18 and Al was 17.
Pinako shooed Al and Winry out saying “let him rest until the pain subsides”. She closed the door and then sat at the table, “he's a strong one that boy” she said quietly, glancing back at the door, Winry nodded and Al sat on the couch, barely holding back a yawn.
Winry walked over and placed an arm around Alphonse's shoulder, he looked up and she smiled, “go to bed Al, you need to sleep”. Al tried to argue but she just shook her head and dragged him down the hallway and pushed him into his and Ed's room, Winry closed the door behind him and Al chuckled.
Al lay down on his bed and closed his eyes, deciding to rest until Brother was better. Ed lay on the lounge, groaning slightly. Edward slowly opened his eyes as the pain finally started to leave his body, his nerves over their little shock. He sat up and moved his arm around and smiled, Winry had done a brilliant job as always.
Ed stood up and looked over at the clock, it showed it was just after five in the morning. He walked down the hallway to their room and opened the door, as he expected Al was awake, “morning brother” said Al, sitting up. Ed smiled and replied “morning Al, would you care to do our usual routine with me?”. Al agreed eagerly and together they went to the yard to spar.
Later both boys walked inside the house and flopped onto the couches, worn out from their sparring match. Both boys removed their shirts to help their bodies cool down, then they laid down to rest. Winry walked into the room and then stared, she knew that Edward and Alphonse were fit, but, laying there with no shirts on, sweat gleaming off their chests and taunt stomachs, they were breath taking. Winry blushed and walked out of the room, wondering why she felt like this.
Ed and Al opened their eyes and sat up, stretched and walked into the kitchen. Winry was their pouring a glass of juice, she turned around to sit at the table and then spotted Ed and Al walking in. she sat down and pretended to be reading a mechanics magazine, she still wasn't over seeing the boys topless.
“Morning Winry” said Ed, as he started cooking breakfast for them all. Al sat down next to her and looked over at what she was reading, he noticed that this was the same magazine she had read three times already and now was reading it again. Ed set down three steaming plates of egg, bacon and toast, then he placed the last plate on a tray and took it to Pinako.
He knocked on the door and went in, Pinako smiled as Ed placed the tray in her lap. Ed sat down on the bed and said “we are leaving today, I need to get back to ridding this world of homunculus and I still haven't found the stone yet”. Pinako nodded and Ed stood up, he walked to his and Al's room and packed their stuff.
Ed walked out with both of their bags and then went into the kitchen where Al and Winry were finishing their breakfast. “Al, we're going today” said Edward and he didn't miss the look of disappointment on Winry's face. He smiled, they wouldn't be back for awhile and she knew that.
Later, he and Al walked down the road and then he looked at his watch, noticing they were going to be late. “Damn, Al we need to hurry, our train leaves in two minutes” shouted Ed before starting to run down the road toward the station. Al ran after him, catching up easily, “wait for me brother” he said and suddenly it turned into a race, one that both boys wanted to win.
They reached the station just as the train started to leave, “c'mon Al” Ed said before jumping onto the raining on the end carriage with Al close behind.
They walked through the train until they found spare seats. They sat down and caught their breath. “Al, I have to go back to Central to get back to work but you don't have to come” Ed said, looking across at his younger brother.
Al smiled at him and replied “I'm staying with you brother, no matter what. As you said, we are the only family we have, if we don't look after each other, then who will. Your words”. Ed seriously started to regret those words but secretly he was glad Al remembered them and he was looking forward to seeing Mustang.
Al didn't know but Ed had always loved Roy, even if he was annoying and rude. “Brother…we are here” said Al, Ed looked up and out the window, he saw Central Station and felt immensely happy to be home. He leaped off the train as soon as it stopped and ran to their apartment the brothers owned here.
Al watched his brother, Ed might have thought no one noticed but Al knew his brother harboured something for Roy. His look softened when near the colonel and his eyes got a dreamy look in them. Al decided to ask later if it was true.
That night as Ed lay in his bed Al came into his room, looking slightly uncomfortable and nervous. “Yes Al?” asked Ed, sitting up and looking over at his brother. “Brother, do you love Roy Mustang?” asked Al, glancing down as he said it and starting to go red with embarrassment.
Ed was taken aback by the fact that Al knew his secret, then he shrugged, he should have known Al would have guessed.
“Yes Al, I do. Quite a lot” said Ed, Al looked up at him and smiled. Al walked over and hugged his brother and then left the room. Ed now knew that his brother held no grudge and still loved him as always.
The next day, Ed headed to the military base and Al went to work. Ed was nervous about meeting the raven haired man but his face showed none of his emotions that were swirling inside him.
Ed walked in and ran into Hawkeye. “Fullmetal sir, Mustang wants to see you” she said, saluting. Ed sighed and walked into Roy's office. “Morning Fullmetal, nice to see you again” said Roy, looking up from his paperwork.
Roy was so glad to see the golden eyes man again, he dyed to rush over and crush him in a hug and then confess his love. But Roy knew he would be shunned by Ed if he did, so he restrained himself. What he didn't know was that Ed wanted to do the same thing.
“Mustang” said Edward, he stepped forward, “I'm back and ready for duty”. Roy smiled and said “easy Ed”, he stood up and walked around his desk and stood very close to the young blonde. Ed was noticing that his pants were a few sizes to tight, he bit back a groan as Roy brushed one finger along his cheekbone.
Roy smiled and then picked up the folder lying on his desk; he handed it to Ed and then leaned against his desk as he waited for Ed to read what was in it. Roy, for one, was happy with this assignment but he wondered if Ed would be too.
Ed opened the package and then gasped as he read the assignment. He was to move into Roy's apartment and pretended to be gay so they could investigate a band of men going around, raping and beating up anyone they could lay hands on. Ed was happy with this arrangement; he could get the courage up to tell Mustang he loved him.
“So, do you like our assignment?” asked Roy, filling his voice with sarcasm, he wanted Fullmetal to say yes. Ed just stared at the paper and then up at Roy, desire filling those golden orbs. Roys pants were a few sizes too small at that point in time.