Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Handprint ❯ Handprint ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I haven’t updated for a while. Probably cause I got a new obsession. Well, I guess I’m updating this once more. XD

0000000000000

Edward sat at a small table in a tiny outdoor café. It was getting dark, but Ed Didn’t mind, the street lamps always came on eventually.

To tell the truth, Edward liked this time of day, it was peaceful. The time were shoppers go home and the dates and romance began. He loved this time of day because it was also when Roy Mustang came down with his newest date. Ed smiled slightly as the sight of Roy and his date walked down the street, the woman clinging like a leech at Mustangs side.

His current woman was blonde, but surprisingly, Roy didn’t seen to be having a good time like he usually was.

Ed took another sip of his cold coffee. He sighed as he watched the pair walk toward the theater. “I don’t know how you can break my heart and I can still love you with all the little pieces,” he mumbled to the empty air before him. Edward stood up slowly, paying for his half drunk coffee and tipping the waitress.

Edward didn’t know why he was torturing himself like this. All he knew was that he didn’t have any chance at all with he Colonel. Roy wasn’t even gay as far as Ed could tell.

But it was like an addiction. He just couldn’t stop, it was impossible. His soul was destined to be chipped away at for the rest of his life, diminishing slowly as he watched the man he loved on date after date that wasn’t with him.

Edward knew he was being childish, but still, he just couldn’t forget Roy and move on. It wasn’t like him, he was just too stubborn for his own good.

He tipped his head back as he leaned on a park bench. It had become a sort of ritual of his to laze around in the park after dusk. Just as it had become a habit to have his heart break whenever he saw Mustang…which was basically everyday.

Footsteps approached his current position, heading straight for his bench. Ed didn’t’ even bother to look up, he would know that gait anywhere.

It was only when the other man sat down next to him did he crack open an eyelid, “Aren’t you supposed to be on a date or somthin’ bastard?”

Ed couldn’t help but subtly admire how Roy looked in his casual clothing.

Roy, oblivious to Edward’s attraction merely smirked like he always did, put his arms on the back of his head and closed his eyes.

Ed wished he had a camera. Roy looked damn sexy like that. Where was Maes when you needed him? The now gleaming moonlight reflected off of Mustang’s high cheek bones and smooth pale skin, making Ed think that the skin was just as soft as it looked.

Ed’s eyes widened as he noticed a red mark forming on his beloved’s face. It looked like it was in the shape of a small petite hand.

How DARE anyone touch his Roy? Edward subconsciously growled possessively and abruptly yanked Roy’s chin so that the reddened cheek faced him, his flesh hand ghosting lightly over the mark.

Roy was rather speechless. He could have sworn that Edw…Fullmetal had growled possessively over him. He must be loosing his mind.

A hand just barely touching his cheek brought him back to reality just in time for the gentle kiss Edward placed on his cheek a second later.

Edward smirked inwardly when the older man didn’t pull away from him. To moon’s light only lit up half of his partners face, gently caressing the subtle curves of the others mans face, showing it’s plane’s and curves perfectly.

Edward once again tugged Roy’s chin, capturing those lovely warm lips that he had longed to touch so badly. It was a chaste kiss, just a light brush of lips. Nothing more or less.

But Ed could feel his heart heal and become whole again in that single moment. Roy hadn’t protested, and that was all that mattered.

Genuinely smiling, Edward attempted to pull away only to be pulled forward again and have his lips crash harshly down onto his commanding officers again. This was nothing like the first kiss, it wasn’t soft, but to was positively wonderful for Ed. He hands were now on broad shoulders, amber eye’s closed in indisputable pleasure.

There was no room for doubt in Edwards head that he loved this man, he just hoped that Roy would feel the same way.

Roy himself wasn’t sure what made him loose control like that, but he sure as hell didn’t regret that night, even after two years. He hadn’t dated anyone but his chibi alchemist since, and in the evenings when Ed read whatever text he currently was interested in and he made dinner for the both of them, he found that the consistency and total trust for each other in their relationship was soothing, comfortable. Roy discovered what happiness was, and he wouldn’t give it up for anything.

000000000

I’ve actually had that idea for a while, so I thought it was time I typed it up and posted it.