Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ Friendship’s Reach ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Eleven: Friendship's Reach
I wrote what was some of my best work that day. Over into the afternoon Al knocked on the door. “Lorna, may I come in?”
“Sure Al.” I heard the door open but my back was turned finishing up a poem. “I've written three stories and two…” As I turned I lost my words.
In his hands on a tray was a heart shaped cake covered with red icing. Written on it in white script were the words, “We love you.”
Behind Al stood Edward and Winry, their faces smiling and in their hands they held flowers. Winry's were made of metal, while Ed's had been transmuted from wood. Tears welled up my eyes and my hands flew to my face.
Quickly Al sat the cake down on my bed and rushed over to me. “Oh please don't cry.” He begged taking me into his arms.
“But Alphonse, I'm just so… I love ya'll so much.” I stretched my hands around his neck and hugged him back. Winry came over. I hugged her and then Edward.
“You're the best friends I could ever wish for.” I whispered hugging Winry again.
Edward handed me the flowers he'd made, “Al said you liked roses.”
“They're beautiful.” I proclaimed, taking them I breathed in and found they were laced with scented powder. “Thank you!” I embraced him again.
“Well at least I made mine without using alchemy.” Winry's hands were on her hips and she was staring at him. Then she handed the metal bouquet to me. “They're the best I could do.”
I hugged her tightly. “And they're the most beautiful things I've ever seen!”
“Hey!” Now Ed put his hands on his hips. He and Winry went into a glaring match.
“Now children don't fight.” I scolded in a motherly tone, trying not to laugh. “Now kiss and make up.”
They both turned to me, red as the cake Al had made. The younger brother only laughed out loud as he took out three plates and forks.
We sat down on the floor of my room. As we ate I read to them my latest creations noting mistakes as I went.
“They're wonderful.” Winry affirmed taking another bite of cake.
“Yeah, now Al's not the only one in the story.” Ed concurred smiling up at his younger brother.
I blushed deeply. Al said nothing. `I'm sure he's embarrassed too.' I assumed silently
After we had finished eating Ed and Winry took the cake and dishes down to the kitchen. Al and I went to sit on the couch in the living room. I watched as he sat down first then, took a seat at the opposite end.
`No cuddling with someone else's boyfriend.' I told myself mentally.
He noticed and looked over at me then put out his hand to touch where I had my feet rolled up in under me. He stroked them gently making me shiver. “Sorry.” He apologized pulling back.
“It wasn't your fault.” I countered, thinking back to the first time I'd seen him. “I'm just ticklish when it comes to my feet.”
He looked at me then turned back to the fire. “You jumped the first time you saw me too.” His mind was in the same place mine was, the past.
I looked at him and thought I saw what Beauty saw in the Beast. It was a deep sadness which seemed to fill the air around him.
“I wasn't scared of you.” I comforted, moving to touch his hand.
He looked back at me. If I could have I was sure I would have seen tears running down his face. “You really are an angel, like Liza said.”
I shook my head smiling, “Naw, I'm only human.”
“Only human.” He repeated then turned back to the fire.
The air seemed cold regardless of the flames, but I couldn't find anything to say to him. So we sat in silence until I fell asleep.
I looked beside me and there he sat. He was watching the clouds as they passed by. Tears hung in the edges of his eyes threatening to fall. I shifted, but still he refused to look at me.
“Alphonse?” I moved closer touching his arm. He flinched as though I'd slapped him. “You okay?”
He turned to me and I could see the dark clouds in his eyes. “I thought, for a moment, you cared.”
His words cut like a knife. `He didn't think I cared? It's him who doesn't care about me. He's the one who's found someone else.'
“I do care for you.” I confirmed moving to sit very close to him.
“Then why do you back away?” He leaned his head against the top of mine which rested on his shoulder.
“I'm sorry Al.” I whispered softly. “So sorry.”
We sat like that for a long time, not saying anything. Ever so slowly the morning came.
Author's notes
Al: Joy, you don't like me do you?
Joy: Yes I do… It just makes for a good storyline.
Lorna: So you made me up just to put me through this?
Ed: Yeah you don't have to be so mean to AL!
Joy: Alright already! Things are about to get worse for Lorna.
Lorna: What!