Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ Equivalent Exchange ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Thirty Two: Equivalent Exchange
My eyes were closed but I could hear voices in the room.
“Alphonse?” Edward hesitated.
“Brother?” Al's voice had changed. “What happened?”
I opened my eyes. Everything was black.
“You're…” Ed stuttered, “you're human.”
I could hear them weeping happily. I tried to move but found I couldn't. My mouth opened but nothing came out.
“Lorna?” Al's voice came, “No…” He rushed to me.
I could see that he wore the jacket I'd given his brother for Christmas.
“That's why the stone worked.” Ed murmured kneeling beside Al. “It worked for her.”
I tried to move again but found I still wasn't able to.
“Lorna.” Al breathed stroking my cheek.
There was a loud bang as Winry stormed through the door. She was fuming but stopped when she caught sight of the brothers. “Al?”
He nodded and she rushed over hugging him. Then she turned to look at me. “What happened?”
Ed reached for the stone, but as he touched it the jewel turned to dust. “The transmutation, it needed more energy.” I blinked, which was all I could do.
“Will she be okay brother?” Al's voice was broken.
Ed shook his head solemnly, “I don't know.”
I took in a long breath then closed my eyes.
“Lorna?” I blinked slightly.
There was an icepack on my forehead. Sheets were tucked in tight around me.
“Are you alright?” I turned my head to Al. A slight smile crossed my face in response.
“You shouldn't have done that.” He scolded softly. “I could have lost you.”
I blinked slowly. My whole body felt as though it were out of energy. Nothing hurt, it just felt worn out.
“Do you want something to eat?” He asked.
I nodded slowly before I realized what he was offering.
In pale white hands he held a cup of chicken noodle. I blinked, hoping I was wrong. Then I was able to smell the horrid stuff. I wrinkled my nose at it. Chicken would never look good in soup form.
“Open up.” He lifted the spoon to my mouth.
I complied simply because Alphonse was the one making the request. The entire time I ate it I wondered if it should be considered a form of torture. Surely something so rancid tasting could be lethal.
When I finished I went back to sleep. The dream world was gone. It wouldn't return. Now Al could dream his own dreams.
I woke to find Ed sitting next to me. `What's he doing there? Where's Alphonse?'
“Al's sleeping.” Edward had known what I was thinking. “He stayed with you all night.”
I nodded then closed my eyes.
“Lorna.” I looked back at him. “Thank you.” Ed reached out with his right arm. To my surprise it wasn't automail. Instead it was real flesh and blood.
I looked up questioningly. He smiled, “Leg's real too. You did that,” He stroked my hair softly. “my darling little sister.”
I smiled. `Little sister, yep I like that.'
There was a slight knock on the door. Ed turned to see who it was.
“How's she doing?” Winry asked walking in.
“She's awake.” He told her moving aside so she could sit down.
She squeezed his right hand before he walked out the door. “Hey, you look better.”
I only smiled, my voice refused to work.
“You did a lot for not knowing alchemy.” She smiled. “Now they're back to normal.”
`Normal, what does that word mean anyway?' To me nothing ever seemed normal. Looking at others I'd always found them to be more what people thought the norm should be. But then again, I loved my life the way it was.
She talked for a while before leaving me alone to my thoughts. I could hardly move and still wasn't able to speak. Too much had been taken out of me. Then Al walked in and everything was worth it.
“Hi.” He greeted moving to sit on the edge of my bed. His hand felt my face, memorizing every curve. His skin felt so different from his brother's. It was smooth, like that of a young child. He looked pale compared to Winry. His hair was short and hung loosely. Those eyes were the same I'd seen in the dream world. I could loose myself in them forever.
“Love ya…” Was all I could manage.
“I love you too.” He breathed kissing my lips tenderly.
My eyes closed, it felt as though we'd never kissed before. It was so different from the dream world. The heat of his body warmed mine.
He backed away and breathed deep. His face was flush.
I reached my hand behind his head and pulled him back down. It was harder, more passionate. Time seemed to stand still.
When he backed away we both inhaled sharply. His eyes were wide as he watched me. A hand stroked my cheek.
“I never knew reality could be so much more.” He breathed kissing my hand.
I smiled warily and shook my head. It was so different from others I'd kissed. With al there were shooting stars. A band blared triumphantly in the back of my mind.
“I love you.” I whispered as he came down to kiss me again.
Author's Notes
Joy: You two don't have to keep practicing, the scene is over.
Al: blushes… since he can now
Ed: Thanks Lorna
Lorna: You're welcome
Joy: Hey I'm the writer here!
Ed: You started the problems to begin with!
Joy: Rolls eyes Read on for Holidays and Honeymoons