Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ A Special Gift ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Thirty Four: A Special Gift
The next morning Al crept into my room and woke me with a kiss. “Merry Christmas.”
I smiled and stretched. “Merry Christmas.”
He sat down on my bed and leaned over me, “I love you.”
I lifted up wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into a deeper kiss.
Then there was a knock. Without waiting for an answer Ed opened the door. “Hey!” He folded his arms across his chest. “You two can't do this anymore.”
I laughed, “What's wrong big brother? Still don't trust us?”
He walked over to the bed, Winry followed. “What are you two doing?” She had a smile on her face.
“Nothing!” Alphonse retorted.
“Let me guess you just stumbled through the bathroom and fell on her bed?” Edward's voice was mock seriousness.
“Sure, we'll go with that one.” I was trying not to giggle.
Al turned to me with a fake `hush hush' look.
Winry couldn't hold back any longer. She began giggling which caused me to join her. Within moments we were all laughing.
“What about gifts?” Edward managed regaining his composure.
Al nodded and lifted me up into a standing position beside the bed. “Yes, let's open gifts.”
Downstairs Al took a seat next to the fire. He didn't do well when he got too cold. So I sat next to him, his arm looped around my waist.
“Okay who labeled one for Duchess?” Ed was holding up a package.
I raised my hand, “Me.”
Winry smiled and took it from him. “Let Al open it.”
Al took the gift and carefully unwrapped the package.
“It better not be another cat.” Ed mumbled jokingly.
“Aw” Winry sighed. “And I was going to get her a boyfriend.”
We both laughed. Duchess didn't want anything that came between her and her master.
“Thanks.” He kissed my cheek lifting out a new cat bed. She'd used the other one until it was worn out.
Edward divvied out the gifts so that we each had a small pile in front of us.
“You open one Ed.” I told him.
He chose the one that was from Al. “It's a new jacket!” He pulled out a larger version of the one I'd given him last year.
“Yeah the other one was getting a little small.” Al laughed.
Winry opened a gift next. “What is this?” She pulled out a key and some paperwork.
“It's to your new building.” I explained, “They'll be putting it up this summer.”
She leaned over and hugged me. “Thank you, I guess I do need more space.” We laughed; the things she'd bought on her honeymoon had the library full.
As Duchess came in I unwrapped a small box from Edward. “Oh Ed.” I breathed. It was a locket with the word sister engraved on the front. Inside were two pictures. One was of Al while the other was a close up of Winry and Ed's wedding picture.
He only smiled across at me. Al helped me fasten it around my neck.
It was now his turn to open one from Winry. It was a statue of the armor he'd worn for so long. In its hands it held a heart shaped frame. There was a photo of us taken at their wedding. Someone had caught us eating cake together and took the photo.
“Thanks Winry.” He turned it to give me a better look.
Ed was watching us. When we turned to look back at him he opened the gift from me. He pulled it out slowly taking time to examine it.
“Do you like it?” I queried.
He nodded, “It's wonderful. Is it real?”
I shook my head, “Naw, it's a replica but I figure you needed a watch.”
The front cover looked exactly like the pocket watch he'd given Winry the year before. But since this one didn't have such complicated workings she wouldn't want to take it apart. His old one stayed with her wherever she went.
“Oh,” Winry had opened her next gift without us realizing it. “Thank you Al.” It was a regular lightweight jacket but had their family symbol on the back to match Ed's.
I opened another gift, this one from Winry. “I could use this.” It was a mirror to hang on my wall. She's decorated the frame with roses.
I motioned to Al that it was his turn. It was the one his brother had given him. “Wow!” It was a green replica of the old jacket.
“You need one too.” Ed grinned.
“Thanks brother.” Al moved to put it on. It fit perfectly. Duchess curled up on his lap when he sat back down.
“Well...” I looked to Ed who opened his gift from Winry.
He smiled broadly then moved to kiss her. Then he showed us, it was a photo album taken of him and Al since they'd regained their bodies.
Winry's gift from her husband was a skimpy nightgown. She grew red before shutting the box. “Edward!”
He grinned then leaned in to kiss her. “I couldn't give it to you last year.” She turned redder.
I decided to go ahead and open my last present. Inside was a jacket like the one Al had given to Winry. It also had the Elric symbol on it. “Oh Al…”
He leaned in and kissed me softly before opening the gift I had for him. “Lorna…” It was a patchwork quilt.
“I've been working on it for a while. I hope it's okay.”
He smiled at me, “I love it.”
“So...” Edward broke the moment. “When are you going to give Lorna her gift from you?”
I looked between him and Al. “Wasn't the jacket from Al?”
Then I glanced down to the card. I picked it up and read it silently, `To my little sis.'
I looked to Ed who grinned wickedly. Then I looked to Al who was standing. He took hold of my hands and pulled me up. Then he knelt down on one knee and pulled a box from his pocket.
“Lorna, I couldn't give you anything that would measure up to what you've given me.” He moved to open the box and hold my hand, “The only thing I have to offer is myself, if you'll have me.”
A small gasp escaped my lips. Inside the box was a diamond ring. The stone was in the shape of a heart. My hand went to my chest. I'd lost all words.
“Will you?” He whispered slipping the ring onto my finger. Then he moved to stand. “My heart's already yours, now hope you'll accept my hand.”
A tear rolled down my face. The words refused to come. My throat seemed to be closed off. I nodded in acceptance.
He leaned down and kissed me softly. My throat cleared as he backed away.
“How can I turn down the owner of my own heart?” I smiled and kissed him again.
Then I turned to Winry who was teary-eyed. “You knew?” She nodded.
I turned my gaze to Edward. “And that's why you gave me the jacket?”
“Well you're one of the family anyway.” He smiled. “This just makes it official, sis.”
Author's Notes
Lorna: I just love Christmas!
Al: Me too!
Joy: rolls eyes Doesn't everyone?
Ed: Well at least this year I was tall enough to help put on the top branches.
Joy: About that… you didn't really grow. I don't own you, remember?
Ed: WHAT!
Joy: Read on for Al's wedding
Ed: What's the point if it isn't real?
Lorna: So am I real?
Joy: Uh… well… you're as real as other fictional characters.
Ed: Define fictional for her.
Joy: How about I define Short for You!