Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Left without a Word ❯ A taste for Alchemy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey guys sorry it took me a long time to update, I couldn't get on the internet, but I'm back now so enjoy.
Part 5- A taste for alchemy
(Oh yes this chapter will be done on the narrators point of view and in some parts winry's point of view and in other's ed's (jr) point of view)
(narrators p.o.v)
“ Edward!” winry shouted out into the valley. Looking for her son who was now 6 years old. “Edward!” she shouted once again but no answer “ugh! Where has he gone now?” she asked herself.
“calm down winry, he's just out there somewhere playing with his friends” said pinako.
“I know grandma, your right, but sometimes Ed gets into a lot of trouble. Who knows what trouble he has got himself into this time” winry sighed.
“yes he is quite the troublesome boy, but he's just a child” Pinako said and went inside.
“ *sighs* ok” .
Ed was in town playing with some friends and Den just as Pinako had said. He looked exactly like Edward when he was the same age. He also has his voice (sort of)
“Ed!!” shouted kylie, his best friend. “No cheating!”
“I'm not cheating!” laughed ed with a huge smile and Den barked. Kylie and Ed were playing marbles in a chalk circle (remind you of anything?)
“Ha! Look Kylie, it's a alchemy circle!” he joked.
“Haha!ed you dork!–wait but I thought you weren't aloud to do alchemy?” she asked confused.
“I'm not” stated Ed “but my mom doesn't know”
“Ed! Ed! Ed!” shouted a boy.
“huh?” ed turned to find his other friend Jeremy gasping for breath in front of him.
“what's wrong?'
“ed your mom's looking for you! And she sounds really mad!” Jeremy exclaimed.
“Oh no! I'm in for it now!” Ed picked up his marbles quickly and began to run home. “come on Den!”
“Ed!” shouted kylie.
“sorry Kylie but I have to go, see you tomorrow ok?!” Ed ran as fast as the wind trying to get home as soon as possible.
Oh mom's gonna be really mad!
Ed began to reach home with Den at his side.
Winry looked out the window and saw Ed running home along with Den.
” see winry there was no sense in worrying” pinako sighed and winry smiled.
“Haha! Come on Den! Catch up!” Ed laughed at the loving dog running along his side.
Den barked happily. Finally Ed and Den reached home. “shh!” Ed whispered to Den and Den whined quietly.
“Hmm? Where could we get in without mom noticing …. Oh I know, come on boy!”
So Den fallowed Ed to the back of the house.
Den began to bark slowly. “shhh! Den mom will catch us” Ed exclaimed as he went through Den's doggy door.
“catch us huh?” winry asked. Ed looked up “uh-oh!” Ed gasped and tried to get through the other way.
“oh no you don't!” winry laughed and pulled him from the doggy door. Winry picked him up in her arms and kissed his cheek.
“mom!” Ed whined. And Den barked of joy and excitement.
“Ok young man where were you?” winry asked as she sat ed on a chair.
“I was in town with kylie, we where playing marbles” he said in a innocent tone.
“well ok” she smiled “ed did you run into a man with a metal arm today?” she asked changing her tone of voice and looking away from her son.
“no-why?” he asked.
“alright Ed go get ready for dinner” winry said changing the subject.
(Ed's p.o.v)
I didn't understand my mom everyday when I would come home she would ask the same 2 questions where was I? and if I had run into a man with a metal arm. A man with a metal arm? That didn't make sense the only one with a metal arm was den.
I was afraid of asking her so I kept quiet about it.
So I did as I was told and headed upstairs to the bathroom.
(winry's p.o.v)
Ed has been noticing that I ask him the same question everyday.
If only he knew the truth
It had been a long time and Edward hadn't returned sometimes I still think about him.
(ed's p.o.v)
Once I reached upstairs I stopped and gazed at the door, the forbidden door. Mom never let me in there, she never allowed it. Even when I went near it she got upset and began to cry.
I didn't understand why. What was so special about that room? What was so mysterious about it?. It was just a room, a simple room with four walls.
After I came out the shower I walked slowly to the forbidden door.
I wonder what's in this room? Is it filled with gold? Maybe it has dead people inside!
No–I don't think so.
I looked around to make sure no one was watching. I reached for the knob and began to twist it.
`Edward!” my mom called and I ran from the door and into my room.
She soon walked in. “ed?”
“yes?”
“you should clean your room” she said and walked out.
“ok” I sighed.
That was a close one…
(narrators p.o.v)
So ed wasn't allowed in Edward's room. It was all so strange to him. After dinner ed rushed up to his room. He looked around skeptically and closed the door behind him.
He ran over to his bed and pulled a box with a combination out.
“36-12-32….ha!” he opened the combination and peeked in the box. He slowly pulled a red hard cover book with a transmutation circle in the front cover. “FIRST STEPS TO ALCHEMY”. Ed opened the book and began to read.
He had inherited something special from his father, that winry had hoped he didn't. Ed had inherited the TASTE FOR ALCHEMY.
~~~~~ well that's it for now! Next chapter will be even more interesting!