Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Misspoken ❯ Ideas ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Misspoken
 
VI
 
Ideas
 
 
“Lieutenant!” Roy called from his office as he saw Hawkeye walking past. She backed up and looked inside quizzically.
 
“Sir?” she said, waiting for him to say whatever it was that was on his mind so that she could leave for the night.
 
He waved her into the office. “I need your advice.”
 
Hawkeye frowned at him. “I'm not a dating hotline,” she said and started off again.
 
Roy quickly got out of his chair and hurried toward the door. “It's not about my love life,” he said to her back. She stopped and turned to look at him for a moment, then shook her head and walked back toward him.
 
“Alright, fine. Five minutes, but then I need to go. You're not the only one who has a life outside the office.”
 
“Great. Come in,” he said, then shut the door after her. He plopped down on one of the couches he had in his office, then said, “I'll make this quick. It's about Fullmetal.”
 
Hawkeye folded her arms, leaned against the wall, and said, “What has he done now?”
 
“Nothing. It's not anything like that... it's...” He paused, then said wryly, “He's boring and antisocial. I can't, in good conscious, allow him to continue on such a path. Who knows what kind of adult he'll become.”
 
“So you want to make him more social and outgoing?” she asked.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Like you?”
 
“Yes.”
 
She turned around and grabbed the door handle. “Forget it.”
 
He got up and hurried toward her. “Okay, not exactly like me, but I'd like to at least get him to have a life.” He put his hand on the door to stop her from opening it.
 
“That's very gallant of you. I'm sure the world will thank you someday,” she said sarcastically.
 
“Riza...” Roy growled low in his throat. “You can't seriously believe that it's good for him not to do normal things.”
 
“No, I don't; but I also don't see why you're suddenly so concerned with it. It never bothered you before.”
 
Roy pressed his lips together in thought. There was no way he was going to tell her that the kid had a thing for him. He didn't want her to think that something was going on between him and Ed when there wasn't.
 
“It's just something that I've noticed recently. I'm his commanding officer. I'm supposed to think about the well being of my subordinates,” he said smoothly, but she looked unconvinced. After a moment of uncomfortable silence, he said, “It bothers me.”
 
“Why?” she asked.
 
“It's unhealthy,” he returned shortly.
 
She stepped closer to him and stared hard into his eyes. “You're hiding something...”
 
He schooled his features and said, “I need a few ideas.”
 
Hawkeye frowned, obviously displeased that he was ignoring her, then stepped back and said, “Why do you need my help? This is your project.”
 
“You may not have noticed...” Roy began, a little peeved that he was about to say this, “but it's been a couple of years since I was his age and I'm sure there is a difference about what teenagers enjoy doing now and what they enjoyed doing then.”
 
She eyed him up and down, then smirked, “Actually, I hadn't noticed.”
 
“You're a bad liar,” Roy said, a smile forming on his own face. “Well?”
 
Hawkeye looked at her watch, then said, “Fine, but you owe me.”
 
--
 
Please Review.