Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ My [Broken] Guardian Angel ❯ Ugliness ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own/profit from Full Metal Alchemist. This is purely for mine and yours, entertainment.


Prologue: Ugliness


I was always sick. Too frail to move from my bed. Too frail to feed or clean myself. Too frail to hold my mother when she cried. Too frail to hold my baby sister after she was born. I was even too frail to cry or be upset when my family died. When I finally got better, at the age of twelve, I was able to go to school. I felt alone because everyone had friends that they had grown up with or known the entire year. I never exsisted before the moment my new teacher wrote my name on the board and pronounced that I was 'Serenity Falls'. I never made friends, all through middle school I sat in the corner, next to the window where the light hit the least. My hair grew long, as did my legs and my arms, as well as everyone else in my class. I watched them grow, drew the beautiful tress outside. The ones that in the spring bloomed with tufts of cloud-like, pink petals. A cherry blossom tree. They almost made me feel sad, lethargic even, to watch the petals scatter from each other to the ground, falling slowly like snow, but fast at the same time... like rain. I would watch from my desk, as the petals kissed the ground, then be trampled by students and teachers. Thats when the sadness hit me. I would grip my hand into a fist around a little material at the end of my black school skirt, gritting my teeth and turning away from the beautiful trees. 'So ugly.' I would think. 'So ugly!' But my mind would always wander from my teacher or fellow students back to the trees outside, waiting to be paid attention to. And my thoughts of ugliness would re-direct themselves also. 'I'm the one who's ugly.'