Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Neighboring Emotions ❯ The New Neighbors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The New Neighbors-Chapter 1
 
 
“Hey mom….we've got new neighbors!” asked a small blonde boy with golden eyes. “I know Ed.” “Are we gonna get to meet them?” asked a small dirty blonde haired boy with bluish gray eyes. “Of course Alphonse…What kind of neighbors would we be?” said their mother, Trisha Elric.
Trisha Elric was a tall skinny woman with long chestnut brown hair. She wore a light purple dress with a white apron. She was a single mother raising her two sons Edward, the oldest, and Alphonse.
Trisha walked inside grabbing a freshly made cake, carefully put it in a box, and said “Come on boys.” The boys eagerly took off running racing each other to see who could get there first. Once they reached the house where new neighbors were soon to be, they decided that the tree beside the house would be the finish line. “Ha…brother you're too slow” said Alphonse. Edward was trying to catch his breath and wanted to say something so badly but didn't.
They looked over at the house towering before them. It was a blue two story house with red shutters. The porch's overhang had beautiful engravings of flowers around the outside. A black looking car pulled up to the house. The boys looked on with curiosity. A young girl wearing a white dress came out of the car. Her hair was brown and pulled back in pigtails, her eyes a shiny hazel, and her smile could barely be contained on her face.
“Daddy, Mommy! It's beautiful!” said the young girl as a tall man wearing a brown overcoat. The man's hair was short and also brown. His face shown bright behind his mustache. Next was her mother her hair was dirty blonde, and it was obvious the child had received her hazel eyes from her mother. Her mother wasn't as tall as her father and she wore a long pink flowery dress.
“Oh hello!...you must be our new neighbors!” said Trisha as she handed the girl's mother the cake. “I baked this for all of you.” “Why thank you miss…” “Trisha…Trisha Elric.” “Thank you Miss Elric, I'm Susan Clark, this is my husband Eugene, and our daughter Elina,” “Hello Elina, My your adorable…Ed…Al…come here please.” Ed and Al came from behind the tree they were hiding behind and walked towards their mother. “Mr. and Mrs. Clark this is Edward [pointed to Ed] and Alphonse [pointed to Al]…Ed, Al this is Elina.” They both looked at Elina…Elina only blinked and and gave a big smile. “Elina dear why don't you go change so you can play with your new friends?” “Ok mommy!” Elina immediately ran upstairs to her bedroom and in a flash came running back down.
The white dress she was wearing was gone. Elina was now wearing an orange tank top and a worn pair of blue jean shorts and a pair of flip flop sandals.
She grabbed Ed and Al's hand and ran off as the adults went inside the new house to talk.
Elina ran along side the river until she finally ran out of breath. “So…Elina.” “Yes Ed.” “Why did you bring us here?” Elina shrugged her shoulders. “How old are you anyway Elina?” asked Al. “I am …[she counted her fingers]…five.” She held up five fingers. “Really?...Me too!” said Ed. Al lowered his head. “I'm only four.” Ed was wondering what to do next… “Hey lets play hide and seek” suggested Ed. “Ok” said Elina and Al in unison. “I'll be it.” Said Al. Ed and Elina ran off laughing. “Ok count to …50” said Ed. Al turned around, covered his eyes, and began counting.
“Ed and Al seem to be very fun loving boys.” “Oh yes…always doing something.” “You must be very proud.” Trisha smiled. “Elina looks as though she's gonna grow up to be a very promising young woman.” “Well… We hope that she will do her best at whatever she chooses to do.” Said Eugene.
“Al…I can't believe you found us.” “Well, I could see your feet.” Ed and Elina had hidden in a tree, but feet were hanging down.
“So what do we do now, hide and seek is getting boring.” Said Al. “We could take Elina to Winry's.” Said Ed. Elina looked at Ed and said “Winry huh?”
Al knocked on the door to Pinako's house. “Well hello boys…and who's this?” “a new friend, he names Elina.” Said Ed. “Yeah I just moved here.” “Can Winry come outside?” asked Al. Pinako turned around “nope.” They looked at Pinako and thought why? Pinako looked over her shoulder “but you kids can come in and have some cake.” Their smiles could be seen for miles.