Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Neighboring Emotions ❯ "This Place Sucks" ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“This Place Sucks”-Chapter 12
 
 
Al laid Eli on the couch. Eli cried out in pain. Ed was glad to see she was alive at least. She opened her eyes to meet Ed's. She painfully reached into her pocket and pulled out the bottle.
“E-Ed…here…d-drink it….ple…ase.” she said, each word choked through blood and pain. Ed looked at the bottle then back at Eli. She was crying. Ed didn't know if it was because of her fears for him or if she was just in so much pain. He took the bottle from her hands , Eli smiled then left the realm of consciousness.
“Eli!” Ed and Al said in unision. “Brother, I think she is just really tired. Here you take the antidote and I'll help Eli.” Ed agreed. Al picked up the injured girl and carried her into Edward's previous room to gently lay her on the bed. Edward watched patiently as he opened the bottle.
“Well. Bottom's up.” Edward lifted the bottle and drank the nasty tasting liquid. Once he finished the entire bottle, he thought to himself Ughh!!! He walked into Eli's room and watched as Al began to apply bandages. Suddenly he felt dizzy. “Whoa!” Ed placed his hand to his head and braced himself on the wall. Alphonse noticed this and immediately asked,
“Brother! Are you alright!?”
“Uh yeah. I'm just gonna go lay down for a while.” Ed walked into the living room area (which was kind of a living room slash kitchen). He fell on the couch and was out like a light. Alphonse walked in after cleaning Eli's wounds and was afraid his brother was dead. That is until he noticed the gentle rise and fall of his chest. After his fears were calmed he noticed some other things that gave his brother's prime health away. His shirt was untucked, stomach exposed like always, and he was snoring away.
“Oh brother, always so untidy.” Alphonse said chuckling to himself. He grabbed an extra blanket from a closet and covered his brother.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````
6 hours later
 
“Ah brother, you're awake. Did you sleep well?” Asked Al as Edward sat up on the couch yawning.
“How long have I been asleep?” he asked rubbing his eyes.
“About 6 hours. How do you feel, brother?”
“Pretty good actually. For some one who was supposed to die.” Ed said chuckling. Alphonse stood up from the chair he was sitting in and walked towards his brother.
“Good. Brother, I need your help.” Ed looked at his brother, eyes questioning his statement. “Eli has a bullet wound. I can't get the bullet out, and it is infected. She has a high fever and I feared that if I tried any more that I might…” Alphonse trailed off. Ed stood up and walked into the room. She was awake but in great pain. She was sweating profusely and breathing hard. He examined the wound and grabbed some medical pliers. He pulled hard on the bullet as Eli cringed in pain. Once he realized that it just wasn't coming out, he decided to share his findings with the rest of the class.
“You know what, this thing just ain't coming out.”
“Really brother. Don't you think I tried that already?” Al said annoyed. Ed had that little tick mark on his head, also annoyed.
“EXCUSE ME!!!” yelled Eli. Ed and Al looked at her in unison. “Could somebody please get this stupid thing out of me!!!!!!!” Ed nodded. He clapped his hands together and said,
“Eli this may hurt…a lot.” She nodded and he placed his hands on her wound. He carefully pulled the bullet out as Eli screamed. Once he pulled the bullet out Eli fell asleep once again. Edward heard his stomach growl and decided to fix something to eat. He searched every nock and cranny of the kitchen until finally discovering a can of soup. “Bingo!” he then looked for a can opener. “What no can opener?” he transmuted one from his automail arm. Once the can was open he found a pot. He began to cook the soup. Then he couldn't find any bowls. “This place sucks.” He clapped his hands and transmuted two bowls from the counter top. “Ok now for the…nevermind.” He was looking for some spoons but of course, there weren't any. So he transmuted them too. He bowled the soup and started walking towards Eli's room. He almost dropped the soup when he realized she was standing in the doorway. “Eli!? Why are you out of bed!?”
“Because Edward, I cant just lay around doing nothing.” She laughed and Alphonse walked up beside her.
“She is very stubborn brother, kind of like you.” Ed smirked at that remark.
“Well, here I made soup!” he handed her the bowl and she sat down at the table.
“Well, goodbye Ed and Al.”
“Where are you going?” asked Alphonse.
“After eating Edward's soup, I'm definitely a gonner.” She smiled at Edward who was blowing steam, literally. She spooned some soup, blew to cool it, and then made a slight Mmmm. Edward heard this and began eating after that quiet sound of relief qualled his anger.