Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rainbows ❯ Locked room ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own FMA
00000
Ed stared straight ahead, smiling, his eyes slightly glazed as if remembering something good. The fact is, he was remembering something good.
He had grown 6 inches in the past four months he had been away from Central! If that wasn't a happy occasion for the alchemist, then nothing would be.
Ed was now a height of 5' 5" not that tall, but tall enough not to be abnormally short anymore.
Al glanced over at his brother, Edward had been out of it for the past how many months. It must have been the growing pains, but now his brother was acting strange in a whole new way. The kind of way that just screamed, “I'm in love, and I know it but I don't want to admit it even though I already have to myself!”
Al frowned, why was his brother so thick headed? Did he seriously think that Alphonse hadn't figured it out? What a disappointment, to be underestimated so much.
“Brother, are you alright with going back to Central?” Al was nothing but concerned for his brothers mental heath as well as his physical; having an insane brother would not be fun. He didn't want to change any person's diaper that was older than the maximum of three years old. After that would be just nasty!(A/N: I totally agree with my Alphonse logic!)
Ed snapped out of dreamland, landing back in his body with a audible thump. How was it audible you may ask? Well, he fell out of his train bench and made a big thumping sound, that's how.
Edward sat straight up, sputtering incoherently.
Once again gaining control of his speech, “What was that Al?” Ed rubbed the back of his head, making his braid swish from side to side. The other thing that had visibly grown was the elder Elric's hair, it now reached the bottom of his shoulder blades.
Al growled irritably, this had to stop. If his brother was to live through his life without getting killed by anything, then he needed to be alert! Al figured having an insane brother was better than having one that was dead. By a long shot!
Al calmly repeated his question, a little too calmly, making this older brother slightly uncomfortable.
“Ya, sure Al, it's fine. We've been gone long enough as it is. If we don't get back they might fire me.” Ed almost laughed at his play on words, not that he had meant to be funny, it just came out that way.(A/N: Fire Roy's glove or getting fired from, work get it?) “Anyway, I need the money if I want to feed me and you, so don't worry.”
Al sighed in exasperation, his face contorted into a look of annoyance, “You know very well what I mean young man! And that was not it!”
Edward flinched before he came back with a verbal retort, “Hey, you're younger than I am!”
Al glowered at his brother a while longer before he slumped in defeat and used his best puppy dog eye's, “Brother, please tell me what's on your mind? Pleeeeeeeease?” Tears welled up on the sides of his eyes, giving him the innocent look.
Luckily, Edward had plenty of training in this tactic with Black Hayate, “Al, please, I don't want to talk about it yet. And I think you know more about it then you let on, you just want to make me say it, but I'll tell, you, I won't say it! I refuse! Nuuh, I won't I will deny it with all of my will and reason, I do not love Roy in any way.” Edward blinked stupidly and gulped, while Alphonse just smiled in triumph. That tactic always worked...even if it wasn't in the way it was intended.
Ed turned around and repeatedly started to violently beat his head against the train seat. How could he be so stupid to do that? It was so...so...unintellectual! Wasn't he supposed to be a prodigy?
Finding himself unable to move his head anymore, due to Al holding his head back, he gave up. “Go ahead Al, laugh it up, I don't care.” Ed pouted and crossed his arms, looking out the window and everywhere Alphonse wasn't.
“Don't worry Brother, I already knew you were gay, I just wanted you to tell me yourself. I also approve of your feelings for Roy. They are well placed. Roy's a good man. And did you know that you talk in your sleep as well as snore? I know more about what you do at night then you do...which is slightly creepy in a way, but what I'm trying to say it that I don't care that you like guys and that I'm ok with you loving Roy.”
Edward blinked, since when did Al ramble? Well there was a first time for everything. Shrugging, Ed crossed his legs Indian style and slumped, still in the train bench. “What do I do at night Al?” he asked innocently, making Alphonse blush wildly.
00000000
Ed walked through the halls of the Central Military building. Why did it have so many halls? No matter how many times he came here to report to Mustang, he always managed to get lost! It was insane!
Al figured he'd just follow his brother, neither of them were very good with directions, and Ed was the better of the two of them (A/N: Imagine what Al's sense of direction would do to them!).
Ed sighed as he turned into another long corridor, where in the world was he?
Not that he cared, but this would get him another lecture on how all military personnel needed to be punctual and the he, even though he was famous, was no exception. Then the speech would be followed by a comment on his height or some other kind of insult. All of this happened while Ed would watch those tantalizing lips move and messy bangs swish and dark glossy eyes shine with emotion.
He wasn't as dense as some of the others thought he was. He actually a very good judge of character, and he could read peoples emotions very well. Then again, with a suit of armor as a brother for what...5 years? It kinda came with the territory, ya know? He knew that Riza liked Jean, and that Fury was infatuated with the waitress that worked at the small café down the street. Heck, he even knew that Breda fed Black Hayate sometimes when others weren't looking.
The only person he had a hard time reading was Mustang. The stubborn man held all of his emotions suppressed and almost never let the most important emotions shine through his mask. And that infuriated and well as captivated Edward Elric. It also made him hate the man for capturing his heart with so little conscious effort.
Ed and Al found themselves outside of the Colonel's unit. They almost jumped for joy, they finally found it, after two hours of constant searching.
Ed opened the door and padded softly into the room. He didn't feel like making an entrance today. He'd rather be inconspicuous today.
Riza looked up from her paperwork to greet a respective officer. Ed never just came in, so it couldn't be him. She was surprised when Ed walked past her desk and mumbled a hello.The whole group just stared as the duo walked by and Ed entered the Colonels office by just walking in. No kicking, no yelling, nothing.
Al stood outside the door and thought for a minute before nodding to himself and locking the door from the outside, effectively locking both occupants in the room till he decided otherwise.
Looking over his shoulder he smiled at them, “Why don't we all go to lunch at the little café, I bet you guys are starving.”
All of the people in the room nodded dumbly before understanding just what had happened. They all smirked and walked out the door, heading for the exit. They'd come get the other two later...much later.
000000000
Ed wasn't surprised when he heard the lock on the door clicking closed. He had expected Al to do something like that. What as his brother telling him on the train ride here? Oh ya, “face your love problems and I might turn out ok, if not then you'll get over it.” Now, if only Al would take his own advice and tell Winry that he liked her. But whatever, it just meant that he could spend more time staring at Mustang's delectable body and luscious lips undisturbed.
Ed sat quietly on the leather couch and just stared at Mustang, who had yet to notice his presence in the room. It was quite a gratifying experience.
Mustang looked up when he felt someone looking at him. He ha been so absorbed in balancing his pen on it's tip that he hadn't noticed the person come in.
Edward continued to gaze at him with those glimmering golden orbs of his, sending tremors up Roy's spine. Not that they where noticeable.
Roy cleared his throat, “Yes Fullmetal, what's your report?” He didn't feel like giving a speech today. Shocking discoveries tend to do that to a person. Such as discovering that your in love with your boy subordinate that's half your age. Yup.
Ed merely nodded, and got up. Roy noticed that Edward had hips, and they moved in the slightest of ways, almost like a girl's would only more masculine.
Ed calmly handed the report over the desk. He didn't throw it at the Colonel, just handed it over, like it was the most natural thing to do.
That's when Roy notice that Edward had grown...a lot. I fact, he almost felt his eye's get as big as saucers...that is almost. “Have you grown Fullmetal,” he mused as he looked through the report in from of him. Surprisingly, the damage wasn't too bad, there were only a few transmuted, a.k.a.fried flowers that belonged to some prissy old lady on Garden Lane or something like that.
Ed stood in front of his desk, gazing at him. Not glaring, or giving him piercing stares like he usually did, just gazing, like he was some sort of majestic being...which of course he was, but Ed would never admit to that no matter how much he wanted the boy to say that.
Roy quickly signed his name at the bottom of the paper and put it in his finished-papers pile.
“Very well Fullmetal, you are dismissed.” Roy sighed as Ed saluted as walked toward the door, only to find out that -at the way Ed was pulling and twisting the knob of the door- it was locked from the outside, and he couldn't open it.
“Sir,” Ed stated, stressing the word, “We seem to be locked in together.” Inside he was smirking, how he loved his little brother! Maybe he'd return the favor and lock him and Winry in a room together when they went to visit next.
Roy paled, however slightly, he couldn't stand to be in the Elder Elric's company for more than he already had. He'd go crazy and end up doing some serious spit swapping in a matter of, at the least, ten minutes.
He gulped silently and kept his cool, nodding silently and motioned for Edward to go ahead and sit on his couch.
Ed smirked as soon as the older man started to sign his papers. Now he could watch to his hearts content.
0000000
Roy congratulated himself. It had been a total of twenty minutes and he still had yet for his mask to slip...or do something stupid.
If fact, he was simply basking in the others presence. It was quite nice, and he would rather they not be disturbed. That thought slightly alarmed him. He never, and I repeat never enjoyed another persons company for anything besides sex and, well being friends. It was just something that he had never experienced before. Needless to say that he was rather shocked, but he didn't take it for granted...he embraced it and welcomed the feeling with welcome arms.
Ed on the other hand was have a very hard time controlling his actions. What he wanted to do was walk over there and kiss the man senseless. It was a very appetizing option, but he didn't want to blow his very slim chance at getting Roy for good.
Roy glanced at the clock and groaned. It was nearly 3:30, and the others had yet to come back and let them out.
If they didn't come back, he, Colonel Roy Mustang the all mighty flame alchemist, was going to loose control and kiss the boy in his office to oblivion and back. This was the time of day were he was most prone to snap and loose all coherent thought. So it was basically the time of day were he went crazy and slept, endangering himself to Riza's sniper's and such. He called it, “my-short-time-of-day-for-insanity”.
Roy sighed once again and looked over at his companion. No one knew this, but Roy had a hair fetish...along with his mini-skirt fetish. He knew it was weird, but he loved hair! Especially Edwards luxurious, long, golden, flowing hair. And currently, that hair that he adored, -of course he loved the person that it belonged to- was down and tumbling over slim black clothing covered shoulders. It was a lovely contrast.
Roy's mind didn't get a chance to process what he was doing before he found himself petting Edward's head. Feeling the golden locks he had yeaned to touch for so long.
Ed stiffened when Roy's hand touched his head. It was unfamiliar, but he found that he liked the feeling of Roy running his fingers through his hair. He was getting similar urges to run his fingers through Mustang's short raven hair, but he didn't want to risk Roy stopping the petting.
Seeing as Edward didn't protest, Roy continued the run his fingers through the beautiful hair that belonged the person of his dreams, lust and love. Roy quickly sat down next to Edward and laid the chibi's -or not so chibi's- head on his lap and continued to pet, never once breaking contact with the beautiful being in his...um...lap. How he wished he could say arms. Sadly, he couldn't.
Ed blinked slowly, enjoying the warmth he was feeling in the pit of his stomach at being aloud to lay on Roy with permission. A willing contact that Roy had initiated. Ahh...such a joyous feeling.
Ed sighed happily and closed his eyes. He was undeniably comfortable ...who knew that Mustangs lap could be used as a pillow?
Roy himself was enjoying Edward's weight on his thighs. Strangely, he didn't care about anything...even the reactions of his workers if they were to walk in at that moment. It was as if the rest of the world didn't exist outside his office. It was awesome!
Ed opened his eyes and looked up at Mustang, looking into the other man's eye's. The mask he usually wore was off and all of his emotions could be seen plainly on his face and in his eye's. those hypnotizing, beautiful, (now) expressive eye's.
Reaching up, Ed caressed his cheek and sat up slightly. Roy leaned into the touch and leaned down closer to Edward, pressing their lip's firmly together.
Ed smiled into the kiss and applied more pressure, parting his lips invitingly. Roy slipped his
tongue past the young man's lips and explored freely, memorizing the curves, and the taste.
Edward continued to sit up and straddled Mustang's lap, his knees on either side of Roy's hip's. Roy, brought his hand up behind the other's head and deepened the kiss, taking Ed to...well..oblivion and back to put it rather simply.
They pulled away and Ed laid his head on one of Roy's broad shoulder's.
“Mine.” whispered Roy possessively, holding the blond in his arms.
00000000000
Alphonse put his ear to the door. There were no sounds at all. Had they climbed out the window?
Unlocking the door and peeking inside made him giggle and motion for the others to come over. Riza's eye's agot all misty, “he actually did half of his paperwork!” she whispered breathlessly.
The rest of them just stared at her for a while. They would never understand her obsession with finished paper-work. Seriously.
Maes cooed and stared taking pictures of the happy sleeping couple. It was too much of an opportunity to miss.
Mustang racked on eye open “Maes, I won't flame you if you make doubles and give them to me.”
Maes nodded enthusiastically, “Sure thing buddy!”
Satisfied Roy closed his eye's. “Wake me up when it's time to leave.” he added as he wrapped his arms more securely around Edward's waist. The growth spurt had made Edward just the right height.
00000
Roy and Edward had now been going out officially for three weeks, and Edward had locked Al and Winry in a closet when they visited.
Everything had turned out fine. Ed expected a niece or nephew any year now.
And this happy ending was all thanks to Al and a locked door.
000000000
There you go. The requested Drabble for TNFMA. I realize now that it was a little like my Humidity isn't the badfic, but over all, I'm happy with it.
Now review please!
-newmoongirl