Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rendezvous ❯ Rendezvous ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The third and final part of the Solitude trilogy. I trust you enjoyed our little journey through Royai land together and hope you'll join me in my future fan fiction endeavors. This spoils the whole series and the movie. But by this point you know that. And this song is Rendezvous by Craig David.
 
Well that's all from me, now get to reading! R, E & R!!!
 
Guide: “...” = speech,
Border Line and ALL CAPS = scene change,
Border Line and italics= happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,
`...' = thoughts,
(...) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story
italics= flashback
 
Disclaimer: Nope, I don't own it. Sorry. I'm just a simple American girl. That's all.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Title: Rendezvous
 
Roy lay on the bed of his newly assigned room with a sigh. It had been over a week since Roy had returned to Central. After closing off the Armistis end of the transmutations circle and the last of the enemy soldiers had been taken care of, military higher ups had swooped down on Roy, never giving him a chance to check on his friends or Riza.
 
The past week had been grueling. Cutting off his access to the outside world, the higher ups interrogated him daily on how he may have known what was happening and who the enemy was. They even reopened old wounds and brought up the former Furher's murder as well. On the bright side, this new government seemed more stable and understanding, as did the new military aristocrat. There was even talk of reinstating his Brigadier General status.
 
Six O' clock in the morning wipe the sleep from my eyes
Felt just like an ordinary day
 
With the morning sun washing over his newly shaved face, the Corporal heard a knocking on the door. It was his escort back to headquarters. Walking down the hall and out of the military barracks, Roy stalked down the sidewalk, one soldier in front of him and one behind. He knew he should feel imprisoned be he couldn't bring himself to care at that moment. All he could think about was Riza. He wished he could sneak out of his barrack to see her, just check on her and make sure she was unharmed. He had been granted the right to ask after his former subordinates and was assured they suffered no injuries but seeing was believing.
 
Then, as if summed by his intense thoughts of her, there she was. Riza Hawkeye was walking the opposite direction as them, wearing simple yet beautiful civilian clothing, a now very large Black Hayate trailing happily behind her.
 
Just around the corner, such a surprise, a beautiful angel materialized
Time stood still, face to face
I'm sure we'd met in another time and place
 
Our eyes met as you passed me by
Two souls entwined in a blink of an eye
 
The guard walked past without a thought, having not noticed their superior officer without her usual military garb. But Roy saw her, as did she see him. Their gaze locked and a flash of communication passed between the two of them in just a blink of an eye.
 
`She's fine.' Roy thought to himself as their gaze ended and he marched on, pretending nothing had happened.
 
`But what is she doing going the opposite direction from headquarters?' Roy questioned. If wasn't until getting into the military building that he remembered.
 
“Hawkeye go home.” Roy said from behind his desk.
 
“Excuse me Sir?” The Lieutenant asked in confusion, actually bothering to remove her gaze from her paperwork.
 
“Go home, you work too much. You're going to burn yourself out.” Roy reasoned.
 
“Forgive me Sir, but you rest enough for the two of us.” Riza said looking back down to her paperwork without giving the subject another thought.
 
After a moment of silence in which Roy gave Riza a thoughtful gaze, the womanizer gained a cocky grin on his face. Speaking in a commanding voice, the Colonel stood. “First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye.”
 
“Sir!” Hawkeye saluted as she stood to attention. She was, of course, a good soldier.
 
“As your direct superior officer, I order you to go home.” Seeing her open her mouth to argue, Roy continued even louder. “Not only that but you will, from this day forward, take at the minimum one day off a month for rest and relaxation. During this day, you are forbidden to enter military headquarters unless absolutely necessary.”
 
The two stood staring at the other for a moment, each refusing to give an inch.
 
“You are dismissed soldier.” Roy said sitting back down and getting to work.
 
Roy smiled to himself as he sat outside the interrogation room. Even after all this time, she still followed his orders.
 
I'm just sitting here daydreamin' about you
And all the things you do
Girl, feels so right
And all I know is you're the one for me
That special kind of lady in my life in my life
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Riza sat in her apartment the night after seeing Roy, pen and paper in hand. She knew what her heart told her to do, write the letter. Amanda wanted to come out and play again. She wanted to tell Roy how she felt.
 
Except Riza wasn't sure it was a good idea. It had been over two years since he left. She wasn't sure he even cared anymore; at least that's what she had told herself everyday, just so she could move one another moment.
 
But fighting by his side had simply seemed too right. Their long years of disconnect did nothing to phase their natural abilities together. And seeing him on the street, while following one of his old orders no less, she thought she saw something in his eyes. Something like curiosity. Something like worry. And, she hopped she wasn't getting her hopes up, something like love.
 
She knew what she had to do. There was no real question in her heart. Riza's hand began to move, shedding inky love on worried paper.
 
Well here I am writing you a love song
Holding back those years, it's been so long
And I can't deny the way that I'm feeling
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
With note in hand, newly reinstated Brigadier General Roy Mustang, headed toward the place he knew to hold Riza Hawkeye's apartment. While at his reinstatement dinner Roy had only caught glimpses of Riza standing on the sidelines wearing her dress uniform. Everyone wanted to talk to him again, now that he was not only the Flame Alchemist, hero of the Ishball, but also the underdog hero of Central.
 
But now that the dinner was over, Roy had more important matters to attend to.
 
And I had to figure out what I've been missing
So I turned to you and asked you if you wanted to
 
Rendezvous where to my place say 2
And we can do anything you wanna do
When he reached her apartment, he slid his response under her door, knowing she would find it; hoping she would understand.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Riza, having been sitting peacefully on her bed, suddenly had a very hyper dog jump on top of her, trying to gain her attention. Only after getting him to calm down did she notice a note was in Hayate's mouth. She opened it cautiously, slowly and (dear she say it) a bit hopefully.
 
Inside she found a key and a note. The note was simple, all it read was: Amanda, my place, midnight if you want a true response.
 
With a grin Riza looked up at her clock, the very same clock that once foretold her doom of when Roy would leave. It read 11:30. Displaying a side of her she mostly kept under check, Riza jumped up excitedly and ran to her shower.
 
We can do anything you wanna do
Hey tonight is your night
When you close your eyes
Take a minute, take a moment, realize
Do you see me when you fantasize
Tonight will be your night
 
Riza reached Roy's apartment at precisely midnight, using the key, the women opened the door to find it covered in flickering light. Candles, possibly hundreds, lined the home as Riza walked to the living room. There sat Mustang, smiling softly to her as she entered. With swift deliberate movements, he crossed the room till he was a tantalizing distance from the women.
 
A shudder ran down her spine as his husky voice spoke softly to her, reminiscent of her own words only two weeks ago. “I've been waiting for you.”
 
Rendezvous where to my place say 2
And we can do anything you wanna do
Hey tonight is your night
When you close your eyes
Take a minute, take a moment, realize
Do you see me when you fantasize
Tonight will be your night
 
Later that night, the two lay wrapped in each other, simply taking in their closeness. Riza let out a content sigh as she took a deep breath, smelling his earthy, ash ridden sent.
 
“What are you thinking about?” Roy asked his lover curiously.
 
Darling, tell me what's on your mind?
What you thinking?
 
“Nothing really. Just taking it all in. You?” Riza asked.
 
Hey what you thinking, hey what you thinking
darling
Tell me what's on your mind?
 
“Just that I love you. And that I want to spend ever day of the rest of my life with you.” Roy responded. “Nothing really.”
 
Riza smacked him lightly on the chest but smiled none the less. “I think I'm going to leave.”
 
“What!?” Roy yelled half getting up. After their confessions, after his apology for leaving her, after their love making, after all his hard work, she was going to leave?
 
The sharp shooter pulled him back down gently and spoke softly. “Calm down Roy. I didn't mean you. I could never leave you. I meant the military. We couldn't be together openly if we were both in the military. And I don't want to hide anything anymore. I love you too much.”
 
Rendezvous where to my place say 2
And we can do anything you wanna do
Hey tonight is your night
When you close your eyes
Take
a minute take a moment realize
Do
you see me when you fantasize
Tonight will be your night

I'm just si
tting here daydreamin about you
And all the t
hings you do
Roy smiled happily as he turned slightly to reach his bedside stand. Pulling out a small velvet box, Roy turned back around and spoke four simple words. “Will you marry me?”
Letting out and uncharacteristic squeal, Riza hugged Roy tightly before answering. “Of course. Yes, yes, yes!”
 
Putting the ring on Riza's finger, Roy kissed her softly. No intensity was needed. They had the rest of their lives for intensity, now was the time for simple, untainted love.
 
Girl, feels so right
And all I know is you're the one for me
That special kinda lady in my life in my life
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Alright, well that was it. I hope you enjoyed it. I certainly loved writing it. Please remember to review and to look out for more of my writing for the future. I may even write a short drabble to go along with this. Just something about Riza telling the rest of the Mustang Gang. But don't quote me on that. I make no guarantees.
 
Again remember to REVIEW!!!!!!
 
Ttyl and Royai dreams for all,
---animeluvr8