Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Seasons ❯ December ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Winter... what a crappy time of year.

Thanks to everybody calling off sick or heading home for the holidays, the few solders remaining in the city - people like Edward Elric- had to waist their precious time doing, of all things, paper work.

Eying the seemingly endless pile of forms, Edward couldn't help but sigh. He should be spending this time doing important research to help get his brother's body back, but, apparently, Hawkeye had other ideas. He sometimes wished that woman and her gun wasn't so scary...

He set the latest form aside, stretched, and shook out his cramping hand, noting to himself that a gun shot wound probably would have been less painful than his current stiffness.

Glancing at the clock, he was disappointed to find out that the eternity he'd just spent filling out countless papers was, in reality, only slightly more than six hours. He still had four more hours to go...

No wonder the damn colonel was always trying it get out of this.

Turning back towards the dreaded paperwork, he made a disgusted face at it and considered following his lazy superior's example -sneaking off for a nap- when a strong hand grabbed his braid near the nape of the neck, pulling his head back sharply, forcing it to hang over the back of the chair in an awkward, uncomfortable position.

Wincing slightly due to the harsh treatment, he glared up at the culprit and was unhappy to find that it was that lazy good-for-nothing colonel.

Fullmetal took a deep breath, preparing to start his 'What-the-fuck' rant, but was rudely silenced by a pair of warm lips meeting his own and sealing his mouth shut.

He gasped in surprise and choked slightly as the kiss was deepened -was the man trying to lick his tonsils or something?- but he forced himself to relax and soon, despite his best efforts, was enjoying it. Though he would never, ever, admit it.

A few moments passed and the haired man pulled away, retreating towards the door. Edward sat up, following the rushed movement while licking his moist lips before whispering, “What the hell?”

Roy Mustang paused his escape to make eye contact.

“Strep Throat, Fullmetal. Enjoy.” he answered in a scratchy voice then left.

The younger alchemist blinked at the answer before grinning, clearly amused at being caught in his own game.

Having the colonel decided to 'play-a-long' had been unexpected, and maybe even unwelcome, but at least the smug bastard didn't call him short for once.