Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Sing away sorrow....cast away all care ❯ Investigation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A blood spatter against a wall was the scene of the crime right now. It was just below the hotel room that Ed and Al were staying at. Ed and Al woke up from the commotion going on below them as the rain pounded against the window of their room. Al stood next to Ed as they stared down at the body of one of their own military members, lieing there in a puddle of blood, his mouth was open and a scared and surpise expression spreaded across his face.
" Who could've done this? It couldn't be Scar, he's not a State Alchemist." Al said, studying the body of the military person. " What do you think he was surprised of, anyway?"
Ed didn't reply right away. He continued to stare down at the body. He shook his hed as the rain drops continued to pound down on them. " I don't, but what I do know is that it wasn't Scar." He looked at the blood spot on the wall above the military man. It had a distinct pattern, but he din't know what kind of pattern. It looked like a bunch of lines drawned together to form some kind of symbol in the man's own blood. He looked down, inspecting every detail of the body staring sideways towards the alley way across the street. Inside the man's mouth was something white. I looked like paper almost.
Ed reached down, and took the paper from his mouth, and opened, cursing slightly as it was wet and the words were smudged.
<i>Catch me if you can</i> It read. Ed stared at it, that same symbol was drawn on the paper, too, and written in blood.
" What does this mean?" Al asked Ed, wondering what they should really do right now.
" Looks like we have to find this person, whatever it takes. I don't think that person killed only one though. Look at the way his face is staring." Ed demanded pointing. " His head is staring straight towards the alley way across the street." Ed pointed across the street, staring at it sternly.
" Should we check it out then?" Al asked, but he allready knew the answer to that. It was <i>Yes!</i>
They both ran towards the alleyway, maybe, just maybe, they might find another clue. Ed hoped, more that Al. Whoever was out killing military members might be after state alchemists aswell.
Ed was ahead of Al, running against the pounding of the rain. It just slowed Ed down, since it was heavy. Ed stopped suddenly, looking ahead. His eyes were open wide. Al caught up, and gasped. What they saw was many military member officer's bodies laying there. They were all dead......Dead. Ed was starting to think that this was going to get worse from now on, when al interupted his thoughts running over another body.
" Brother, one is still alive!" It was true, there was a body moving, and mumbling something. Ed ran up to catch up to Al. when they reached the wounded officer, he was in so much pain.
" Hey! Are you okay?" Ed asked, setting the officer on his back, he stared straight down at him with stern eyes. " Who did this to you!?"
" She wore a hood," He then winced at the pain that stirred up in him. " But....her voice."
" Her voice?" Al asked. " What about her voice?"
"Rem...Remilia....." He said, now trailing off, losing conciousness...or maybe death has happened now.
Ed stared off into space. <i>Remilia........</i> He thought. <i> Remilia's dead, has been for 10 years......</i> then it hit him.
Al looked up, seeing that Ed may have thought od something. " what is it brother? He said Remilia, but she's been dead for ten years?" Al was confused by what the officer meant.
" Al........There has been yet another human transmutation. And Remilia is now......" Ed said, he knew Al knew the rest and so, didn't continue on at all.
Al did know what Ed was trying to get at. He looked down to the ground. Remilia had been dead, and is alive -sorta- now and is on a killing streek with the military.

Up on a rooftop above where Al and Ed were at, sat her. Remilia Scarlett, also known as now, <i>Sorrow.</i> She smirked, seeing them. " So, that small one is the <i>Full metal one?</i> He don't look like much of a threat, just a puny insect to squash." she snickered at her little joke. " But, there's practically one way to get to him, get to his family first. His little brother?" she asked herself, looking to the boy trapped into the suit of armor. She shook his head. " Someone really closer, like his girlfriend."