Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ So Cold ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This was the first royai piece I ever posted. It was originally posted on fanfiction.net, but I had to pull it because they don't want people putting song lyrics in their stories. So, I'm posting it here. Yes, it's terrible. No, I haven't edited or changed it at all, except to put this author's note thing in.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own FullMetal Alchemist or “So Cold”. Not yet, anyway. Ask me in a couple of months, okay?
 
Crowded streets all cleared away
One by one
Hollow heroes separate
As they run
Mustang slunk through the streets of Ishbal, Hawkeye at his side. He was wearing his flame gloves, she held a loaded pistol. This once beautiful and bustling city was now a literal deathtrap. Both soldiers held themselves stiffly, watching their surroundings carefully. Anything that moved could mean death to both of them.

You're so cold
Keep your hand in mine
Wise men wonder while
Strong men die
When night began to fall, the two of them sought shelter in an abandoned home. Mustang's face was pale and he looked about ready to throw up. Riza watched him, pity in her dark eyes.
“So many people,” he murmured softly. “Why do so many people have to die for nothing?” Unlike so many of the other alchemists, he had never gotten used to killing innocents. “This isn't just a war,” thought Riza. “This is a real massacre.” She walked over to him and, standing behind him, put her hands on his shoulders. He was shivering.
“It's so cold.” He whispered.

Show me how it end it's alright
Show me how defenseless you really are
Satisfy an empty inside
That's alright, let's give this another try
Slowly, cautiously, Riza pressed her body against his back. Roy, startled out of his dark thoughts, stiffened and she could feel his muscles tense.
“What are you doing?” his voice was gentle now, all the anger gone. “You know…what would happen if…” He didn't have to finish the sentence for her to know what he meant. It the two of them were caught having a personal relationship, it would, at the least, result in a serious demotion for both.
“Don't talk,” she ordered. “Just stay the way you are now. At this moment, I don't care what they do to us. I just want…to be close to you.”
 

If you find your family, don't you cry
In this land of make-believe, dead and dry
You're so cold, but you feel alive
Lay your hands on me one last time
There was a voice in Roy's head, telling him to move away, to forget what she'd just said. But something else made him turn around and catch her in his arms before she could pull away. Their eyes met, and she couldn't look away. There was something very cold in his eyes. He bent his head and kissed her gently, savoring the sensation of her body responding to his touch.

Show me how it end it's alright
Show me how defenseless you really are
Satisfy an empty inside
That's alright, let's give this another try
 
When he broke the kiss, Riza buried her head in his chest.
“Roy…the war will be over soon, right?”
He sighed. “I don't know. I don't know how much longer we can keep going, though. I…can't take much more of this senseless killing…” he smiled weakly at her. “Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. We'll both be fine. We'll make it through this.”
 
Show me how it end it's alright
Show me how defenseless you really are
Satisfy an empty inside
That's alright, let's give this another try