Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Suprise! ❯ "I don't even think I CAN get pregnant..." ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


___________________________________

It was strange...

He had been missing for nine months...

And now he just...reappears and expects everything to be back to normal...?

To go missing without a trace...

Then act as if it was nothing...

Was just wrong...

It hurt the people around him...

It hurt the on he loved...

The one who loved him back dearly...

+

Roy sat at his desk, drumming his fingers furiously on the oak wood. He had been waiting "patiently" for Edward to arrive in his office for about 2 hours now. There he was, being late...Again.

First it was two hours.
Then it turned into 2 days.

Search dogs were sent out to find the missing blonde. For weeks nothing turned up, not even a trace. Alphonse had told them he had no idea where his brother was, but with every word Alphonse spoke, he got more and more nervous. After a month and a half, they had finally pronounced the Fullmetal Alchemist dead and gave up the search. Everyone mourned except for Al. He would be telling everyone that his brother would be back soon enough and not to worry.

The one who took everything the hardest was Roy Mustang. To lose the one he loved hurt him alot. It drove him back to being an alchoholic. Luckily, Hughes was there by his side to make sure he was okay, and that he didn't do anything stupid.

Nine months had passed and Al's predictions became true.

+

Roy sat at his desk, drumming his fingers furiously on the oak wood. He couldn't wait to see his beloved who had been missing for way too long. When he heard the sound of the doorknob clicking, the drumming stopped abruptly and so did his breathing. In walked Edward, his long blonde hair was handing down off his shoulders. He looked scared. As soon as Edward closed the door, Roy stood up and brought him into a strong, warm embrace.

"Where have you been...?" He whispered. Edward didn't say anything, instead, he simply stared ahead. This made Roy nervous. He backed up slightly and held Edward's shoulders, looking him in the eyes. Edward was now maybe 5'3".Wait, had he gotten shorter...? Roy cupped his hands on Edward's cheeks.

"Please...Edward...Where have you been?"

Edward stared up at him, then looked away."I...I don't know..."

Roy became confused."What? But..."

"Where's Al...?" Edward asked. The question was sudden and direct."I need to talk to him...NOW."

Roy told Edward that Al was back at home in Rezimbool. He was trying to console Winry about losing him. Edward nodded and went to leave when Roy grabbed his arm.

"I'm coming with you."

Edward shook his head."Just stay here, it's nothing..."Edward then pulled his arm away and left.

Roy noticed a strange change in the tone and pitch of Edward's voice. It was almost...feminine..

Roy stared at the door then quickly opened it and went after him."Edward, I don't care what you say, I'm coming with you..."

Edward gave him a stern look, then it turned to irritation, then to relaxation and relief."Okay, c'mon..."

There it was again. His voice. It was amazingly different. The shape of his face, his voice, height...Roy had to figure out what had happened those nine months he was gone.



After getting cleared for a vacation with the Fuhrer, Roy and Edward boarded the train to Rezimbool.

"Does Al know that I'm back...?" Edward asked, flipping through a book. Roy looked up, coming back to reality from his daydreaming.

"Of course, he was the first to know..."

Edward only nodded.

It was silent for a long time before Roy finally decided to ask Edward what had happened.

"I told you, I don't know." He said finally looking up.Roy could tell from the tone of his voice that he was lying.

"Oh really, now?" Roy raised an eyebrow.

Edward fidgeted.

"Edward..."

Ed sighed and looked back up."During the mission I had before I disappeared, I was injured...Badly. Envy was somehow able to talk Al into giving me to Dante so she could 'help me'. Well, Al is going to get a suprise when he figures out that his brother is actually now his sister."

Roy stared at him-er her..-or him in shock."What...?"

"GAH! It's so embarrassing!!" Edward whined."Envy laughed his head off at me the WHOLE time I was there! What an asshole!!!"

Roy couldn't hold in the laugh that exploded from him."Are you serious!? Then you have small ass boobs!!"

Edward blushed immensly."Shut up! They're not small! They're tied down, dumbass!"

Roy whiped his tears of laughter away."Really? What size cup?"

Edward blushed even more."How would I know? I'm never going to wear one, because only you and Al will know about it."

Roy gave him a look."But Edward, isn't it easier to just deal with it?"

"No, it's easier to hide it."

"Deal with it.'' Roy smirked. "Who knows, maybe I'll want to have kids with you one day..."

Another weird look to General Shithead."What? I don't even know if I can get pregnant..."

~//+//~

Edward and Roy walked in silence down the dirt pathway that led to the Rockbell house. Everynow and then Roy would look over to Edward, trying to imagine him with breasts. It just...it wasnt right, it distorted the whole balance of his universe. But then again, Roy wondered...since God had scorned Edward with short stature, then would he have blessed him and apologized...maybe with big breasts? Roy tried to wrap his brain around the whole situation, but he was brought out of his self induced trance as Edward spoke.

"What's gone on since I left?" HER voice was soft, it was light, unlike the voice that accompanied him before, loud and obnoxious. Now it fit to her angel like hair and eyes. If you hadnt known of Edward's past, you wouldve though she was a saint, just from her looks and voice.

"Well, for one, everyone thinks your dead." Roy stated bluntly. He kicked himself mentally for his choice of tone, but noticed a slight laugh come from the direction of the small blonde.

"Figures...Al didnt tell them anything?" Edward never looked up, she was always staring ahead."Well, of course he couldnt have told them the truth, but he could have at least said I was coming to Rezimbool..."

Roy nodded."Alphonse seemed really nervous as he gave his story...everyone for a while had actually accused him of murdering you because of his behaviour."

Edward now shook her head."Hell, Alphonse wouldnt hurt a fly."

"No, I wouldnt." They spun around to the side to find Alphonse sitting in a tree."Those little guys have feelings too, ya know..."

Edward looked up and smiled."al..."

Alphonse smiled back down at her lovingly.

Suddenly everything had turned from a peaceful, loving reunion to one of violence. Edward easily raced up the tree trying to catch her brother.

"You little bastard! Everyone thinks I'm dead because of you!"

Roy watched the two go at it and shook his head. He watched as Edward finally tackled her brother to the ground and they began to wrestle playfully, yelling stupid remarks back and forth at each other.

Finally he had to break it up so they could reach the house. Ed was victorious by that time, sitting on Alphonse like some prized...chair? Alphonse struggled, but it was easy to flip his under-weight sibiling off of him. Edward had always been really skinny, and now that he was she, she didnt really have all that muscle to make up for it.

Edward stood up, dusted her clothes off, then helped Al up.

"So brother, how long have you been back for?"

Roy grinned. So Alphonse didnt know of his brother's change.

"Only a week, I've been hospitalized for most part..."

Their conversation continued as they continued their walk as well. Alphonse looked up about 5 minutes later, noticing that the Rockbell residence could now be seen from their standpoint. They could hear Den barking, and Winry calling out to her grandmother, asking about the where-abouts of some of her tools. Winry had always been really loud...

...and aggressive...

...and bitchy...

Edward now feared having to reveal to her about his change. Al had mentioned a few times about Winry's feelings towards him, so this wasnt going to be the best reunion in their history of reunions.

Edward was so lost in thought that she had no time to notice that a wrench was making its way quickly to it's mark. Not a millisecond later it had met her forehead, sending her to the ground.

"B-brother...?"Al poked her, making sure to see that the blow hadnt finished her off.

Winry approached quickly and grabbed Edward by the collar of her black jacket, shaking her violently.

"Where have you been?! I've been worried sick about you! I thought you were dead! Edward, you always do this! You're such an idiot! Do you know how much I hate you right now?!?!"

As she raged on, Al offered to show Roy inside to he could settle his belongings in the guestroom. It struck Al hard when Roy said that he would be staying in Edward's room.

"But...There's only one bed..." Al said dryly.

Roy nodded."I know. It's a double, isnt it?"

Al stared at him for a moment before hesitantly leading Roy to Edward's room. Once settled there, they descended to the dining room, only to find Winry at one end of the table and Edward and Pinako at another. Pinako was helping hold ice to the bump forming on Edward's forehead. Winry noticed the two and smiled.

"Al, you were right! Edward did come home!"

Edward just mumbled to himself.

Al nodded."I knew where he was, but no one would listen to me..." He looked over to Edward and smiled."you looked like you wanted to tell me something earlier, what is it?"

Ed looked up and began contemplating ways to tell her brother, and definately an easy way to land it to Winry. She breathed in deeply through her nose and slowly exhaled through her slightly parted lips, thinking.

"Brother..?"

Roy sat down by her and looked her in the eye, giving her a look saying that he would take over."Al...uhm...we have a few things to tell you..."Roy began.

Al sat down and fidgeted."...Like what?"

Roy sighed."Well...for one...me and your brother have been...Sometime before he went missing we had started..." He couldnt find a good way to form the sentence. He had worked one up in his head, but the thought vanished before he could voice it. He sighed irritably, then said quickly, "meandyourbrotherhavebeendatingsincehewasfifteen."

Al gave a confused look."What? Roy, I didnt understand a word of that..."

Roy looked down and sighed again, collecting himself. "Me and your brother...have been dating since he was fifteen..."

Simutaneously, Al and Winry stood, slamming their hands on the table and exclaimed"What?!"

Edward jumped from the noise level."Al..Winry...Calm down, it's no big deal..."

"Why didnt you tell me?!" Al yelled."And it IS a big deal! A VERY big deal! You're dating a womanizer who's almost twice your age!!"

"Hey..." Roy grumbled.

"Al, I'm seventeen now, it's fine..." Edward tried to reason, but it didnt work.

"No, it's not fine! you're still a minor!!" Al looked to Roy, anger lacing his features."And what do you think you're doing? Do you honestly think I would ever let you near my brother in that way?"

"Why do you think we kept it from you?" Roy asked, his voice rising. "We knew you wouldnt approve so that's why we hid it from you, because we knew you'd do anything in your power to stop it."

"But its...just wrong..." Al looked away."Edward is underaged, you both work with each other, and you're both guys..."

Edward looked down. She wasnt exactly male anymore. How was she supposed to tell his brother? Another thing about it that struck her hard was the 'both guys' part. Al didnt think it was wrong, did he?

"Al...are you..." Edward couldnt get the whole sentence out.

"Am I what?" Al asked quickly.

Edward sighed."Are you against..people being gay?"

Al's expression shifted to one Edward couldnt explain, then to one of guilt. "It's just...two guys..."

That's when Edward stood up and stalked towards her room. She couldnt stand the conversation any longer and just wanted to hide in her room for a while. Roy quickly stood and followed.

Al stared back towards the direction his brother took, then looked away and scratched his head irritably. He looked to Winry, who had a look of utter disgust and disappointment on her face.

Pinako stepped in after a long period of silence."Just giver him some time...Wait a while then go talk to him, everything will be okay."