Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Audigy Alchemist ❯ A Train and a Fork ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Audigy Alchemist
Chapter 3: A Train and a Fork
 
The train ride was about 4 hours from its destination when it began to come to a halt. The Edward was resting his eyes while Al was reading a book. As the train jerked to a halt they looked up in time to see Dane's sleeping figure fall face first to the floor.
 
“OW!” Dane shouted standing up “where are we?” has asked in a daze.
 
“How should I know?” Ed said looking out the window. They were in the last car, so they couldn't see what was happening at the front to the train.
 
A few minutes later the conductor walked through and announced that there was a dead cow on the rail and they were trying to move it.
 
As the conductor turned to leave, the back door was forced open. Three people entered the car, all armed with guns and bandanas on their faces. The conductor turned back. When he saw the strangers, he pulled his gun, but he was too slow, the bullet went through his shoulder. The gun fell to the floor and clattered away.
 
“This is a good old-fashioned train heist! Put the money and precious metals in the bags!” one of them shouted holding a large sack open.
 
“You bastards! The conductor yelled “Robbing defenseless people! You all need to go to hell!”
 
One of the bandits raised his gun, pointing it at the conductor. The Elrics were about to act, but they were pulled down to the floor.
 
“Shhhhh.” Dane said putting a finger over his lips
 
“What are you doing?!?!” Edward whispered angrily
 
“Protecting you.” Dane said and stood up “I can not allow this to go on any longer.” He stepped into the isle between the bandit and the gunman.
 
The gunman laughed “you and what army?” he asked retrain his gun to right between Dane's eyes.
 
Right as he began squeezing the trigger, Dane's eyes open all the way. The gun fired, and Dane dodged it. “What the hell?!?” The gunman said, the other two drew their guns after witnessing this event. Dane walked to the wall calmly and punched it, the overhead rack gave away and one of his large cases fell, taking out the two that just pulled their guns.
 
The first gunman's jaw dropped at seeing his partners knocked out so effortlessly (so did the Elric brothers who had stuck their heads up in time to see it). Dane returned the isle and smiled calmly. “I suggest you leave before I am forced to apprehend you.”
 
The gunman was pointed his gun at Dane's chest “You may have dodged a head shot, but your body's too big.”
 
“I was afraid you might try this” Dane said and reached into his pocket. Grasping an object and removing his hand, he opened his fist to show a ring. He calmly slipped it onto his finger. “Are you sure you want to kill me?” Dane asked.
 
“You idiot! I got my gun pointin' at you, you need any more proof?” The gunman yelled.
 
Dane reached for his breast pocket and procured a small metal object. “Well I think I might have to defend myself.” Dane said displaying the object.
 
“Is that a tuning fork?!?!” the gunman laughed. “How do you plan on beating me with a tuning fork?”
 
“Like this.” Dane said, and the tuning fork began to hum. The humming became louder until it was roaring. Dane raised it above his head and the sound was defining the glass windows blew out, peoples glasses cracked. The Elric brothers went back behind the seat with their hands on their ears. Then the sound suddenly stopped. Dane put the fork back into his pocket and sat back in his seat. “I win, go away.”
 
Ed and Al jumped up just in time to see the gunman's gun fall apart as though it had been sliced, just like a carrot. The gunman didn't look at the gun; he just turned and walked away with a dazed look on his face.
 
“What the hell was that?!?!” Ed yelled at Dane, a high pitched hum still in his ears.
 
“That was my alchemy.” Dane said sheepishly. “Like it?”
 
“Like it?! You almost destroyed the entire train car! If we don't fix this quickly, Mustang's going to blame this on me.” Ed got up, clapped his hands together and placed them on the ground. The windows of the train car repaired themselves. He spent the next few minutes repairing broken glasses and other various glass trinkets. Dane picked up his case and stowed it on another rack.
 
When everything in the car was repaired, Ed and Dane tied up the two robbers and Dane went with the conductor to the front of the train to inform the crew of what happened. Half an hour later, the train was on the move and the robbers locked away in a closet awaiting arrival at the destination.
 
After arriving in Islington, they waited for everyone else to leave before grabbing their own luggage and leaving. “I shall secure lodgings for us for the night; I will meet you at the station entrance in one hour.” Dane said
 
“Who the hell are you giving me orders?!” Ed said becoming indignant.
 
“I'm telling you where to be if you want a warm bed to sleep in tonight, I know you will want to go investigate whatever you need to, and would rather do it without my help. Also, I know we need somewhere to rest for the night, so I will not impede your investigation and when I secure a room I will show you where it is.” Dane said smiling calmly, looking half asleep again.
 
Ed's mouth was hanging open for lack of retort. He was so logically defeated all he could do was put his hands in his pockets, turn away, and pout. “Whatever, we'll be there.” He said shuffling away Al following close behind.
 
 
Me: How did y'all like it?
Dane: what's wrong with you?
Me: I'm going crazy, I don't get a vacation from school
Dane:<Sweatdrops>
Me:<weeps>
Dane: There there, its alright <pats back>
Me: REVIEW OR FACE THE WRATH OF MY TOASTER!!!! Wow I am loosing it…