Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Audigy Alchemist ❯ Case 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Audigy Alchemist
Chapter 4: Case 1
 
It took some time but here you go:
 
 
(6:25 p.m)
Don Raymon sat at his desk pointing a gun at Ed. “How did it come to this?” He asked rhetorically, “Well, since you are of no use to us, I suppose I'll have to kill you.
 
(Earlier that morning about 7:15a.m.)
 
Alphonse walked into the hotel's bedroom room to wake his older brother up. Edward was snoozing peacefully on the bed in midst of dreams that are not for children's eyes (hehehe ^__^). Al knew it would be almost impossible to wake his brother up so he did what he usually did in that situation.
 
Ed snapped out of sleep as he felt a piece of cold metal touch his chest. “AAAHHHHH!!!” He shouted in shock flying off the bed and landing several feet away on the floor in a heap. “AL! I hate it when you do that!!”
 
“I know brother, but you wouldn't get up.” Al said for once happy he was in that metal body so Ed wouldn't see him cracking a smile.
 
Ed was about to argue when he smelt something burning and went to the kitchenette. Dane was standing in front of the stove, cooking. “Morning!” he said in a semi-lucid tone, yawning.
 
Ed went to see what was cooking, and reeled back in horror. “WHAT THE HELL IT THAT?!?!” he shouted pointing to a blackened mass of what looked like wood sitting on a plate.
 
“Breakfast.” Dane said getting a bowl and mixing the contents
 
“I am NOT eating that!”
 
“Hey!” Dane Said becoming indignant “I might not be good at cooking bacon, but I can make the best pancakes you ever had!”
 
Ed was about to argue when the contents of one pot started burning and lighting on fire. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” Ed shouted as Dane turned off that part of the stove and poured water into the pot, extinguishing the flame.
 
“Water.” Dane said sadly
 
“YOU BURNED WATER?!?!” both of them yelled in sheer astonishment in the task.
 
“Wow…” was all Al could muster
 
“That…takes talent…” Ed said staring in shock as Dane poured out the contents into the sink.
 
“GO GET CLEANED UP FOR THE DAY!” Dane said pulling a giant wooden spoon out of nowhere and swinging in the Brothers' direction.
 
“Ok” both of them squeaked and ran for the bathroom (it took Al a moment to realize he did need to do any of that but stayed there all the same)
 
When they returned, they saw a pile of odd looking pancakes sitting on the table among other breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, Oj, mini-snausages).
 
Dane was just sitting at the table, “Come and get it while it's warm!” he said smiling softly.
 
“I'm not hungry.” Al said desperately trying to keep his secret a secret
 
“Have some pancakes.” Dane said putting a few on Ed's plate.
 
He looked them over carefully then decided that he should eat at least one so as to not be rude. He spread a bit of butter on it then poured some maple syrup. He cut a piece and put it in his mouth. He sat there in shock, he swallowed “This is…” he trying to get his brain working again “the BEST pancake I have EVER eaten!” He tried to take his time to savor the next bite, but it was no use, with in 2 minutes he had shoveled down 5 pancakes.
 
(9:00a.m.)
 
The three set out for the day, all in high spirits (except Al, who was moping because he didn't get any pancakes)
 
“Where are we headed?” Dane asked. He had one of his cases strapped to his back, it looked like a second person.
 
“We need to find the house of a retired Alchemist named Christopher Stringfellow.” Ed said.
 
Dane stared off into space for a moment then walked away.
 
“Where are you doing?” Al said.
 
“Excuse me,” Dane said stopping a complete stranger on the street “do you know where we can find the home of Christopher Stringfellow?”
 
“Sure,” the stranger said and pointed down a street “the last house on the right.”
 
Ed and Al's jaws dropped. “That was lucky.” Al said meekly.
 
Dane took off in that direction and the Elric brothers ran to catch up. They approached the house and Ed stepped forward to knock on the door. He rapped on the door, but no one answered. He knocked again and the door creaked open. The three peered inside and saw the place was a mess, books strewn every where, objects were damaged. At the end of the hall a man laid face down on the ground.
 
They rushed in to see if the man was ok. Dane checked his pulse, Al flipped him over, and Ed looked him over. “I'll get some water.” Dane said leaving to find the kitchen.
 
When Dane left the man woke up and put a hand to his forehead, rubbing it. “What time is it?” he asked groggily.
 
“9:10 a.m. on May 23.” Ed said looking at the man's face, it was heavily bruised.
 
He sat up and looked around, when he tried to get up Ed forced him back down.
 
“Let go!” he shouted “I need to find her!”
 
“Hang on there, we need to make sure you are okay first.” Ed said reassuringly. “Who did this?”
 
“Don Raymon, the local mob boss. He's been trying to get a hold of my alchemic secrets, now he's stolen my grand-daughter!”
 
“Are you Christopher Stringfellow?” Al asked.
 
“What if I am?” Mr. Stringfellow said.
 
“We need to ask you some questions, about the philosopher's stone.” Ed said.
 
Dane walked back in the room with a glass of water and handed it to Mr. Stringfellow. He took a look at Dane and said “I'll tell you what you want to know if you get my grand-daughter back.”
 
Dane and Mr. Stringfellow looked each other in the eyes and Dane said “Was it Corry?”
 
“Yes.” Mr. Stringfellow said.
 
“I understand, it ends tonight. Tell every one that for me.” Dane said resolutely and walked out the front door.
 
Ed and Al stared at Dane as he left. “What was that about?” Ed asked Mr. Strinfellow.
 
“He used to live in this town, he protected it with everything he had, but when the mob started to take over, they drove him out with unimaginable threats. Ever since that day he left, we live in constant fear.” Mr. Stringfellow said leaning himself against a wall. “That look in his eyes…it's been a long time since anyone has seen that. You are lucky to be traveling with him, he will teach you things most alchemists can only dream of.”
 
“How can we get your grand-daughter back?” Ed asked
 
“She's being held in the Don's mansion. It's heavily guarded and he has some state alchemists on his payroll so watch out. He's very smart, so don't let your selves get cornered or you'll never make it out alive.”
 
The brothers helped Mr. Stringfellow into an armchair “We'll get her back.” Ed said straightening his coat out. “Come on Al.” he said walking away.
 
They left the house and looked around the town, after a while they located the mansion. It was on the top of a small hill overlooking the town.
 
(10:34a.m.)
 
The Mansion was surrounded by walls, and armed guards. The Elric brothers moved quietly around the perimeter, trying to find a quiet spot to sneak in. They found a quiet unprotected area on the west wall. Ed created a door and they walked through no guards Ed though strange.
 
They proceeded to the nearest door and looked through the window. A single guard had his back to them. Ed quietly turned the knob and using his fingers, counted to three for Al. On three Ed pulled the door open quickly and Al hit the guard on the head from behind, knocking him out in one hit. They dragged the unconscious man into a nearby closet and locked him inside. From there they proceeded to check every room in the west wing.
 
(11:19a.m.)
 
The Elric brothers are passing through the corridor that connects the west and north wings when; “Intruders!” a guard shouts. He aims his machine gun at the brothers and opens fire. The Elrics run back where they came from, but half way fing the passage blocked by pursuing guards. The make a turn and find them selves in a dead end. The guards block their only exit.
 
Ed is about to make his own exit when he hears one person applauding. Ed turns to see a man dressed in a black suit enter the hallway and walk past the guards.
 
“Welcome gentlemen.” He says “I am Don Raymon, the head of the Raymon family.” He says bowing to them. “I would like to know,” he said walking towards the Elric brothers “why you are trespassing in my home and knocking out my guards.” He stopped just feet from them.
 
“I'll tell you why, when you give me back the grand-daughter of Mr. Christopher Stringfellow.” Ed snapped back.
 
“I simply can't do that.” Don Raymond said chuckling and looking Ed over “you see, he has something I want, some information and I want it. I tried to be nice and offered to pay him richly for this information, but he simply refused to divulge it.” He began to look Al over from head to foot “You must be thinking, `Why didn't he take the hint and just give up?' Well I simply can't do that. You see this information is very important to me.”
 
“So important that you'd kidnap and threaten to kill his grand-daughter?!”
 
“Precisely.” Don Raymon said chuckling again.
 
“Well we're not going to let you hurt her!” Al said taking a combative stance. He swung at the Don and the Don dodged the right hook by moving his head. Don Raymond had an opening, he did an uppercut to Al's helmet and it flew off.
 
“I see…” the Don said with a grin and Al picked up his head.
 
“Freeze…one of the guards said putting the gun to Don Raymon's head. The guard had on large sunglasses, a hat, and a cheesy, fake mustache.
 
“Welcome home Dane.” The Don said “It's been a while”
 
“Yes it has. Ed, Al, run, I'll hold him off! I'll meet you at the room!” Dane said swing the butt of the gun at the Don's head and missing.
 
“Ed we have to go” Al said putting a hand on his brother's shoulder as Ed was about to intervene in the fight.
 
“You're right.” Ed said and made a door in the wall. They both ran for the nearest outer wall and made another door. The mansion guards were hot on their tail, so the brothers split up and took a detour through the town.
 
(3:45p.m.)
 
Ed and Al sat in the hotel room and waited for Dane.
 
“Damn it! What's taking him so long?!?” Ed shouted.
 
As in answer to his question, the door opened and in walked Dane. He sighed and sat in a chair, rubbing his forehead.
 
“Dane, how did it go?!” Al asked.
 
“I managed to find out where, she's being held.” Dane said opening his eyes. “It's going to be tricky, but you can rescue her.” He stood up and took the case off his back and sat back down in the chair. “She is on the third floor of the mansion, in a room three doors down from the Don's office. It's good that they chose that room because its easy to find.”
 
Dane explained the plan for attack and, when he was finished, they ate an early dinner.
 
(6:00p.m.)
 
Edward and Alphonse stepped out of the room, Dane had left 10 minutes earlier. They followed the street to the mansion, the streets were deserted, not a soul was outside. “I guess they're expecting us.” Ed said with a fatalistic grin on his face. “We'll have to greet them at the front door.”
 
As the Elric brother approached the front gate they saw a line of armed guards and at the front two state alchemists.
 
“This is horrible brother,” Al said “Those alchemists have sold their craft to evil men for pocket change.”
 
“Yeah, I agree. I think we'll have to apprehend them and let the military take care of them.”
 
The two alchemists walked forward to cut off the Elric brothers. “Go home” one said.
 
“This doesn't concern you children.” The other said.
 
“You're too small to be dealing with these matters.” The first one said.
 
Ed snapped instantly at the short reference. Seven seconds later both of them lay on the ground, unconscious.
 
“What the hell?!” one of the armed guards shouted. “That little shrimp took out our alchemists!”
 
“Oh brother…”Alphonse said as Ed pummeled the six armed guards at the gate. Amidst the unconscious bodies, Ed clapped his hands together and grabbed the doors of the front gate. The large wrought iron gate morphed itself into a weapon, it was a pole as tall as himself with a large (head sized), hollow, metal ball on the end. Al picked it up and holstered it on his shoulder.
 
“Lets go.” Ed said and they walked to the front door.
 
(inside the door)
 
About fifteen armed guards are standing around the door. They wait patiently, guns aimed at the doors.
 
The doors explode inwards; shards of the door hit some of the guards. They all opened fire.
 
Al walked in, the bullets ricocheting off his metal body. A couple bullets hit the guards incapacitating them. Ed clapped his hands (hiding behind Al) and hit the ground. The flooring came up and wrapped itself around the guards.
 
The Elric brothers walked to the central staircase, as they neared, an unconscious guard that was sitting nearby woke up. He looked around and saw the Elric brothers approaching, he picked up his machine gun and aimed it at Ed. Ed calmly clapped his hands and touched the end of the barrel. The end of the gun turned into a likeness of himself sticking his tongue out at the guard. The guard dropped the gun and ran.
 
Al an Ed got to the top of the stair case, it went two directions, each leading to the Don's office. Al went left and Ed went right. Ed walked down the hall and stopped when someone called him from behind. It was one of the alchemists. “You can't beat me that easily boy! I'm the iron alchemist!” he shouted angrily.
 
“You are no alchemist” Ed said, “Alchemist, be thou for the people. Even the military serves the people, you sell our craft to thugs.”
 
“You insolent brat!” The iron alchemist said and pulled a large sledge hammer from behind him, the head was marked with a transmutation circle. He lifted the hammer above his head and smashed it on the ground. The iron work in the floors lifted them selves up to wrap around Ed, but Ed jumped out of the way. Ed clapped his hands, made his signature sword and charged at the Iron alchemist. The Iron Alchemist dodged the first cut but the second one sliced his hammer in two.
 
The Iron alchemist sank to the floor, defeated, in shock. Ed continued down the hall.
 
After another brief run in with armed guards, Ed finished his trip to the office doors. He took a deep breath, kicked them open and walked in.
 
(6:25 p.m)
 
Don Raymon sat at his desk pointing a gun at Ed. “How did it come to this?” He asked rhetorically, “Well, since you are of no use to us, I suppose I'll have to kill you.
 
“Like hell you will!” Ed said.
 
“Welcome to hell.” the Don said and snapped his fingers. A side door opened and two guards walked in carrying two large bags, they walked to the desk and poured the contents out. They closed the main doors, the side door and stood in a circle around Ed.
 
They were Al's parts. “Brother! Help!” His torso shouted as the guards closed the doors.
 
“YOU BASTARD!” Ed said getting ready to fight.
 
“Careful now.” The don said pointing his gun at All chest cavity. “I use armor piercing rounds and I have just learned that seal is all that keep him alive.”
 
Ed put his hands down.
 
“That's better” The Don said pointing his gun back at Ed's head.
 
“Al,” Ed said “I'm sorry”
 
“Good bye Edward Elric, you are dead.” The Don said.
 
As his finger began squeezing the trigger. Ed felt a sudden draft, the air pressure drop, like the tide before a huge tidal wave. Then it happened, the gun went off and at the same time a force hit the room. It hit with such power that it knocked Ed down and blew the doors off the hinges. The doors flew across the room and took out one of the guards.
 
It was Dane. He had a case on the floor beside him, opened, and in his hands was a Bari Saxophone. His eyes were fully open and alert, he had a sense of energy and focus to him that the brothers had never seen before.
 
“Ed, stay down.” He said as Don Raymond and the remaining guard stood up. He took a deep breath, his ring glowed faintly and blew on the mouth piece. The repercussion of the blast traveled towards the Don who jumped out of the way just in time. The blast left a huge gouge where the floor boards had been shattered, when it the wall, the window blew out and the brick went with it.
 
“That was just middle C” Dane said as-a-matter-of-factly.
 
Ed and Al looked on in horror at the destruction, unable to say a word.
 
“Nice” Don Raymond said standing up “try this requiem” and he clapped his hands twice.
 
8 Guards entered the room from the side door, all sporting large machine guns.
 
“Don't have to” Dane said. Two guars fell to the floor, part of their hard had been blown off. “I have friends too” he said smiling as the other guards looked around trying to find the sniper “except mine have .50 caliber sniper rifles” a barbed chain with a hook on the end flew in from the open wall (from ground level) and hooked one of the guards around the neck, he disappeared quickly.
 
“WHAT THE HELL?!?!” Don Raymond shouted looking at his decreasing number of guards.
 
“Like you said, welcome to hell” Dane said taking an enormous breath and putting all the keys down. The ring glowed brightly and he blew on the mouth piece. The effect was devastating. The ground was shattered, the walls buckled, the roof didn't collapse because it was sucked into the explosion. There was no dodging, all the guards were caught in the path and were blown out the now giant hole in the wall. The Don had hit the deck before the blast hit, but it wasn't enough. He flew out the window, over the wall into the trees.
 
Dane put the Bari Saxophone in the case and shut it. “It's safe to get up Ed.” Dane said offering him a hand. “I'm afraid some Al's body parts were caught in the blast and-“
 
“What?! You destroyed Al?!?!” Ed shouted.
 
“No, no, I meant they were knocked out of the hole in the wall. We just need to go to the ground level and get them.” Dane said calmly.
 
“I already took care of that.” Someone said walking into the room. He was wearing a sand colored long trench coat and wide brim hat. He wore a set of sunglasses with one of the lenses missing. On his back a briefcase was strapped and in his hands was Al's left arm and head.
 
“Thanks.” Dane said taking the parts and putting them on the floor next to Ed.
 
“I got the others!” someone said jumping through the hole in the wall. He was holding Al's legs. As he approached he grabbed the rest of Al's parts off the floor and brought them to the pile. He was wearing tight fitting black pants and a long loose shirt with vest. On his belt was the long barbed chain that was used earlier.
 
“Glad you guys could make it.” Dane said as though they were meeting for a drink or a meal.
 
“Well when we heard what you were going to do we decided it was time to fill the promise.” The one in the trench coat said as though he were discussing the weather.
 
The other one looked at the pile of parts and said “You better get to reassembling him” to Ed.
 
Ed shook himself out of his daze and said “Right.”
 
A minute later Al was back the way he should be.
 
“Right, let's go rescue us a grand daughter.” Dane said and the five of them strolled out of the obliterated office.
 
 
Me: Whew!<wipes sweat off forehead> That took a while.
Dane:…no…you're just lazy.
Me: well aside from that this is my longest one yet, it was time consuming.
Dane: you're just lazy
Me: I'm in summer school! I'm doing class work
Dane: <sigh>
Me: hey all! Please read and review! The next one will be done as soon as possible. (IM me if you find an error in plot or grammar)
 
Announcer: Who are the strangers that are friends with Dane? What secrets does Mr. Stringfellow hold? Will Ed learn to make pancakes? Find out next time!
 
Dane& I: huh?