Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Hourglass of Tears ❯ Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I knew a little girl once; she was skinny and a little short for a seven year old. She had long beautiful dirty blond hair and hazel eyes. Her name was Sam, she lived with her mother in a town called Resimbool. Thats the important part .She lived. But it was more than that, she laughed, she smiled, she played....she was really alive. Her father was an alchemist and had left her and her mother when Sam was little. His name was Vladmere. Sam's mother was loving and caring and acted as if her husband never existed. Her name was Amina. She had long pale blue hair and sparkling green eyes. Sam and Amina stayed in a small country house that was isolated from the rest of the town. Most people didn't know that this broken family existed, but it did. Amina didn't care about the town, all she cared about was Sam and that they were together.
One night there was a knock upon the door. Little Sam was getting ready for bed then, "BAM!" the door was knocked down five or six bandits poured in. Amina rushed to her daughter's room. "Sam hide!" she said in a hushed voice. "Don't come out of the room until you see the sun come up!" Sam looked up at her mother with trembling eyes and nodded shivering with fear as she stumbled over to the closet climbing inside; she was covered with the few stuffed animals she owned. The small child her yelling outside of the closet and a couple of really loud thuds and her mother yelping once or twice. She stayed silent as the stuffed animals which she was clinging to, then she heard her mom pleading for them to leave. One bandit laughed and there was a loud gunshot. Sam summoned up the courage to look through the Keyhole on her door. Her eyes widened and tears filled her eyes as the men who surrounded her mother moments before left the room. Amina was lying dead on the floor, a puddle of crimson blood spread out beneath the body of the small girls mother.
Dawn came quicker than expected; Sam was still staring through the keyhole until she saw the sun. The girl scrambled out of the closet to her mothers side crying as she hugged the lifeless body. Sam wanted her back so she would know it was all a dream....But Amina didn't return. Maybe a month later there was a funeral, no one came on that snowy day but Sam. That was the day the girl I once knew died, that day she was buried with her mother in the ground. Now all that was remained was a body with a shattered soul. That sweet child I once knew is no longer there.