Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Death Freeze ❯ Where the wind Blew ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Where the wind blew
 
 
After the war ended finally, Rose was reported killed or gone forever. No one had heard of her. Rose replaced her clothes and wore new ones that she bought with some money she found to her luck. She was looking for the little girl. She was getting closer and closer, people said she was a Auto-mail expert in a small town just down the way. Yes if your thinking, it was the home town of the Elric brothers. But they were away on training at the moment. Rose wandered, she say news reports about Death Freeze's dissaperance. She ignored them, it just made her feel worse about the war, that she too part in.
 
Rose finally made it to the small town and looked up this girl. She knocked on the door, a old women answered the door.
 
"May I help you?" she asked.
 
"I'm looking for Winry Rockbell, Daughter of the two doctors?" Rose said.
 
The woman gaped at her "How do you know them?"
"I was a friend of theirs." Rose said.
 
"You aren't Rose, are you?" The woman said "We got letters from them about you, you were a little girl fighting in the war against the Ishbalins, Winry!" The woman called, "Please come in." she said
 
Rose steped inside as the old woman closed the door behind her. Rose looked around, "Such fine handy work you have around here." Rose complemented.
 
The woman nodded as a girl the same age as Rose steped in. She had long blonde hair and sweet eyes. "Yes?" she said.
 
The woman grinned 'Winry, this is Rose." she said, "Please forgive me, I've lost my mannors, I'm Pako Rockbell." she said.
 
Winry looked at Rose "Your Rose? My parents said you were the great Alchemist that gave tem protection! Why weren't you there when they got killed?!" she asked crying now.
 
"I was there, the shoved be in a closet and I couldn't do anything about it, I'm sorry, I'm as tough as the get here." Rose said, she seemed so calm.
 
"Oh...But...do you know who did it?" Winry asked.
 
"No." Rose lied. "I was slamed into some glass and I was in real pain so I couldn't see straight. I heard a gun shot and that was it, then the captured me and took me away. I'm sorry Winry, I couldn't help them." she said.
 
"Its not your fault." Winry said, "I was a fool to think it was."
 
It began to rain, "Your welcome to stay here if you like." Pako said. "We have plenty of room." she said
 
"That would be pleasant." she said.
 
After they ate, Rose heard Winry's scream from the living room. She came around the door and saw a tin suit and a boy, bleeding. The voice in the suit was like a small childs.
 
"Please help him! He's going to Bleed to death!" the boy said.
 
"Alphonse?! Is-is that you?" Winry asked.
 
Rose was blocked out but she could make out faint works such as, "Human Alchemy, and shame on you boys. Rose finally steped in "You were able to comit Human Transmutation, the books say its forbiden for a reason you know." Rose said.
 
"Who's she?" Alphonse asked.
 
"This is Rose," Winry said.
 
"You mean your-Death Freeze?!" Alphonse said "EEE! You kill Alchemists!"
 
"Calm down tin man. That was the past. If I could do it over I wouldn't have started it. I had a cause, they killed my foster family, and my friends, including Winry's parents. It was pure revenge and rage powering me. Not anymore thought." she said, she looked at the boy. "Who are you... Might I ask." Rose asked them.
 
"I'm Alphonse Elric, and my brother Edward Elric." he said.
 
Rose was staring at Edward and smiled. He sorta looked like Sirus. She stoped herself when she heard the door open.
 
It-it was Roy!? "Pardon me." he said, "Did you send me this?" he asked. He looked at Rose, and took a sharp in-hale. "Don't I know you?" he said.
 
Rose's left hand shook, "No you don't." she said.
 
"You look like someone I know," he said and started talking to the others.
 
It is Roy, she was scared now what could she do?! He showed them the Alchemy watch and left. He glanced at Rose and left, his thoughts were clear. "Wait," he turned "Whats your name you loom firmilar!"
 
"M-my name is Afilia Rose Mustang...." Rose said the truth now.
 
"What?!" he said stepping back in, 'I'm Roy Mustang!" he said.
 
Rose grew wide eyed, she understood now! Marcho's words his words of wisedom! She looked at him "Y-your my uncle aren't you, the one my mother talked about before she died!" Rose said.
 
~Yes Rose one day we will bake your Uncles favorite pie and go see him!~ Rose could hear her mothers voice again.
 
Roy ran up to her and kneeled down by her, he raised her chin and looked her in the eyes.
 
This made Rose nervous, "You are a Mustang!" Roy said hugging her.
 
Rose gasped and took a shap inhale. She gave a warry look to Winry and Alphonse.
 
Roy let go and cleared his throat, "Would you like to join me in going back to Cental?" he asked
 
"No sir, I would like to stay here, to asure the Elric's safty." she said
 
He nodded "I hope I get to see you again...Rose.." he smiled and caught site of the book on the table but kept walking. He was to exited to know he had a niece! All was going so well, untill he found out her little secret.
 
"What are you going to do Rose?" Winry and Alphonse asked at diffrent times.
 
"I don't know I really don't know...."