Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Lunar Alchemist ❯ United Again ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: United Again
 
Three days later we arrived at Central Station and when we got off the train we were greeted by Hughes, Gracia, Edward, Alphonse, and Elysia.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” I asked curiously and I hugged Ed and then I hugged Al's arm since the rest of his body was to large for me to wrap my arms around.
 
“We wanted to greet you after your first mission.” Edward replied.
 
“One I couldn't finish.” I said sadly.
 
“We don't want you dead El.” Al said trying to calm me down. “We want that kidnapper dead.”
 
“So much for my innocent little brother.” I laughed.
 
“Al's still innocent.” Ed said.
 
“He wants someone dead Edward! Jacob didn't even hurt me.”
 
“He could have.” Al said suddenly.
 
“Oh please.” I moaned.
 
“Elle, come here for a second.” Roy said and I headed to him and he bent down to whisper in my ear. “I'm going to bring him to headquarter's jail. Think you can distract your brothers?”
 
“I should be able to. After all, he is my twin and Al is always extremely reasonable. Well at least he has been.”
 
“Then I leave them to you.” Roy said.
 
“Hey guys, let's go hang out somewhere.” I said heading over to them.
 
“Like where?”
 
“I don't know. Somewhere that isn't here.” I said.
 
“Why don't you kids come to our house?” Gracia suggested. “I was going to make some cookies and I need offical helpers.”
 
“Seriously?! Sweet!” Ed said happily and did a little jig.
 
“Okay.” Al and I laughed at Ed's antics and we followed Gracia home.
 
“I'll be there later.” Hughes shouted. “Save me some.”
 
“No promises!” Ed and I called at the same time.
 
“Guess you love cookies as much as I do.” I added.
 
“Who doesn't. Al and I loved to bake cookies with mom. I tried to make them on my own once before she died for Winry because her parents were killed in the Ishbal massacure but I set them on fire.”
 
“How the hell did you pull that off?” I asked shocked.
 
“Ed forgot about them and he ran off to play.” Al sighed.
 
“Wouldn't you smell the smoke?”
 
“We thought Ed was transmuting, not cooking. Sometimes our transmutations would smoke when we were done creating them.”
 
“I'm never allowing Ed to cook then.” I laughed. “He can watch.”
 
“Hey! It's gracia house.”
 
“I'm thinking about said house and the people inside.”
 
“I won't touch the oven.” Ed promised.
 
“Deal.” I added shaking his hand. “By the way Ed, I loved the book you and Al got me. I had to buy two and three in order to know what happened next.”
 
“See brother. I told you she would like them.”
 
“You honestly like that stuff.” Ed asked curiously.
 
“Yeah. Actually, when I was little my friends and I pretended to be mystical creatures like vampires, mermaids, werewolves, homunculi, and dragons. I'll admit I was one of the dragons back then but still. They're the same category.” I explained. “I also found something for you.”
 
“Did you not read the notes we left you?” Ed groaned.
 
“I read them. But it's equvaliant exchange Edward. Our way of the world.” I said as we approached the house.
 
“Elle, will you please hold Elysia while I unlock the door?” Gracia asked.
 
“Sure.” I said. “Al do you mind holding my suitcase for me?”
 
“Of course not.” Al added and he took my suitcase while I held Elysica who smiled at me.
 
“Hey girly-girl.” I said in a calming tone.
 
“I think she likes you Elle.” Gracia smiled.
 
“Yeah. You're step-brother will be proud of you.” Al said.
 
“You know, in all honesty it feels like I'm holding him again.”
 
“I'm sure she'll think of you kids as her big brothers and sister as she grows up.” Gracia added and we headed inside and I handed her back.
 
“I'm going to put her to bed. Elle, you'll be staying here while you're in central.”
 
“I can't do that to you Gracia. I'll stay at the dorms like the other soldiers.”
 
“Those places aren't meant for teenagers. Roy and Maes already approved the sleeping arrangements.”
 
“Damn. Why am I always outnumbered? Hey! Ed, Al, tell her it's alright to stay at the dorm.” I begged.
 
“Sorry El, but the dorms aren't in the best of conditions. They're very drafty I lived in there a week and I had a head cold within two days.”
 
“That's weird. They weren't like that in Drachma.” I said.
 
“You were in Drachma?” Ed and Al asked shocked.
 
“Yeah, that's where Luin is. Drachma is an Amtress alliance so it has a military base there that Jyra and I stayed at.”
 
“You should'nt have been there.”
 
“Whoa, calm down Ed nothing will happen.”
 
“Your damn right! I'm having Roy put you on my team perminitly.”
 
“Ed that's outrageous.”
 
“Is it? Elle people tried to kill you.”
 
“I can handle myself. I'm not a scardy cat.”
 
“No but you're my little sister. You need guidance.”
 
“I had guidance! You're just over protective.”
 
“My alchemy works all year round at least.”
 
“But your automail doesn't.” I said.
 
“Yeah it does.”
 
“Oh really?” I asked transmuting his leg so he couldn't move and then I slammed my foot on his real foot. “Jackass!” I added heading upstairs.
 
“Elle come back!” Al called but I ignored him.
 
I ran towards the bedroom we usually stayed in and locked the door even though I knew Ed could get in if he watned to and I heard a knock at the door.
 
“Elle can you let me in please?” Gracia asked. “Or at least fix Ed's leg so he can move.”
 
“Not until he admits that I can take care of myself. Unti then, he'll be a cripple. If his alchemy is so much better than mine he can fix his own damn leg.”
 
“Come on El. Don't you want to bake cookies?”
 
“Not while Ed's here?”
 
“You can ignore him. Please? Bake the cookies for Elysia she'll love them.” She said.
 
“Damn she had to play the Elysia card.” I thought. “Fine.” I added and we headed downstairs and I fixed Ed's leg and we headed into the kitchen to bake the cookies and I completely ignored Ed but I talked to everyone else.
 
“Geez Elle! What the hell gave you a wedgie?” Ed shouted.
 
“Seriously El. This is out of hand.” Al said.
 
“Not really Alphonse. Twins fight pretty often. Even more so when they're separated because they don't' know each other that well.” Gracia said.
 
“Oh. But sis, why are you mad at Brother?” Al asked.
 
“Let see. 1) he made fun of my alchemy skills, 2) he says I don't care for myself, and 3) he treats me like I'm five.”
 
“I'm just worried about you.” Ed said. “You and Al are all I have left.”
 
“What about your girlfriend?”
 
“You mean Winry?” He asked. “Eww.”
 
“HE does like her.” Al whispered. “You'll have to meet her. As long as you stay away from her wrench you'll be fine.”
 
“I'll wear a hardhat then.” I said. “Oh, do you want your gifts?”
 
“Heck yeah!”
 
“Stay here and close and cover your eyes.” I said heading upstairs to get the stuffed animals and book and I placed them on the table. “Okay.”
 
“A kitty cat!” Al shouted when he removed his giant armored hands from his face.
 
“Ed told me you loved cats but couldn't have one because you travel so much. Now you have a cat to tell any secrets you don't want Ed to know. The tiger and Book is for you Ed. The book is your late b-day present and the tiger is the gift.”
 
“Ancient myths of the Philospher's stone.” Ed read.
 
“I thought it might help and it's totally legal. I asked.”
 
“Thanks El.” Ed and Al said happily.
 
“Hope you don't mind the stuffed animals.”
 
“Not at all. In fact, we have small stuffed animals already. We get board on train rides.”
 
“I hear that.” I said as the timer went off.
 
“The cookies are done.” Ed shouted running towards the kitchen.
 
“Wow Ed. Wait for us.” I laughed.
 
I grabbed a towel and took out the cookie sheet and put them on the table and Ed tried to steal one but I swatted his hand.
 
“They're still hot dummy. We gotta wait until they cool off.” I said.
 
“And after dinner. You okay with soup Elle?” Gracia asked.
 
“Of course.” I added.
 
After dinner, Ed and I ate pretty much all of the cookies and Gracia and Elysia finished the last few so Hughes didn't get any but oh well, lol.
 
We were together again but one would try to ruin that really soon.
 
 
Yes, Barry the Chopper will be in this story and it will be a multi chapter saga. I think three chapters once I get ahead in the novel. Now I'm going to write New Family's newest chapter and then it'll be it for a while. Please vote in my poll if you can for me so I have a start for Full Fire Alchemist when I come back. And if you have any suggestions or ideas for a chapter let me know and you will get all the credit.
Luna Eclipse