Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Lunar Alchemist ❯ What to do ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well my mouse is done giving birth to babies. I wrote the authors note at around eight this morning and it's now 1:30 and I'm going to pronouce that she had six totals babies. Three were still born, three half developed or eaten because, hopefully no one will get grossed out, we only found heads so we think that she ate them because they were underdeveloped and had no chance or something like that. I also got a huge and I mean huge Twilight poster. It's 5'4 the same height as me and it's hanging on my door right now and it has Edward and Bella on it. it's the same picture that can be found on the twilight soundtrack cover. I also got the same poster from said soundtrack but it has my second favorite quote on it from twilight.
When you live forever, what do you live for. :D Remember that this chapter will be the last chapter for a while because I have to work on the novel until June but we'll be doing other stuff in between so when we're not working on the novel I will write chapters I promise. Also I am very pissed off because my computer kicked all my heavy metal music off somehow and it says that the songs aren't on my computer which is complete bull but I'll fix that later. I have work to do.
 
This chapter is deciated to mostly Kuchaki for making me want to finish writing this chapter and update the other ones for now and blacksinger for putting this on her story alerts and I'm 100% sure for something else but I forgot to write it down because I am retarded.
 
Chapter 11: What to do
 
I was confined to my room for three days after the man named Jacob tried to kidnap me. General Schimtz meant what he said about all of my meals would be delivered to me personally and Jyra had no choice but to handle the mission on her own because she wasn't even allowed in my dorm.
 
I sat at my desk writing a novel in order to contain my inner bordom in one of the notebooks Roy sent me.
 
I was already on chapter ten when a knock rang at my door.
 
“Elle, open the door it's me.” General Schmitz shouted.
 
I got up out of my chair and headed towards the door and opened it and saluted.
 
“General can I help you?”
 
“You, Jyra, and I are going to have a meeting with Colonel Mustang now. Please follow me to my office. Jyra and Roy are waiting for us.”
 
“Yes sir.” I added and I followed General Schmitz to his office.
 
“Hey Elle. Does it feel good to be out of your room?” Jyra asked when we walked into the room.
 
“In all honesty it feels like the whole false murder thing all over again. Minus the sever concussion and vertigo. Thank god.” I sighed. “Hey Roy. I'm sorry about being so useless.” I added bowing.
 
“Elle, it's not about your uselessness. Infact your far from it. if you didn't report or find out about a possible war you might be kidnapped or dead right now in order to lure Amtress and Drachma into a civil war.” Roy said. “We just want to make sure you and Jyra are safe. I'm here to represent the Furher and your superior officer. By the way, Ed and Al send their love.” Roy said.
 
“So, what are we going to do Colonel?” General Schmitz asked as we sat down at the table. “We will taking the man who broke into the base here the other day and assaulted Elle to Central because of the crimes he commited. After the trial we'll decide if we keep him in Drachma or Amtress prisions.”
 
“What charges will he have?” Jyra asked and Roy opened a notebook.
 
“He has a fair few on his head. Let's see, breaking and entering a military facility, assaulting a state alchemist, plotting a war, and attempted kidnapping of a state alchemist. The furher decided to be nice and not charge him with kidnapping a minor and endangerment of a child due to media issues and he felt kind that day.” He said and closed the notebook.
 
“That'll be enough to put him away for life as it is.” General Schmitz said.
 
“Heck, just the assault and the kidnapping charges are enough for life.” Jyra said shocked.
 
“I am so lost.” I mumbled.
 
“It's alright Elle.” Jyra laughed.
 
“So what else did King Bradley suggest we do?” General Schmitz asked.
 
“He's sending more exprerianced soldiers and state alchemists here for a short time and Jyra will remain here as well. Elle is to go back to Central and will be doing either desk work or she will join Edward and Alphonse in the field far away from the border with Drachma.” Roy explained.
 
“So when will Elle head back to Central?” Jyra asked.
 
“Tonight. The soldiers we are sending will arrive on the train we are supposed to be departing on.”
 
“They're not sending Hughes are they?” I asked worried about Gracia and Elysia.
 
“No. Elysia needs her father right now.” Roy added.
 
“Good. I was thinking the same thing.” I said.
 
“Go to your dorm and pack your things while Schmitz and I continue our meeting. I'll come and pick you up when we are done here.” Roy said.
 
“Okay Roy.” I said bowing before I left with Jyra following behind me to my room.
 
“Want some help packing?” Jyra asked once we got inside.
 
“Not reall. I actually never really unpacked. I only have to pack the books I bought, the notebooks Roy sent, and my brothers presents.”
 
“Why didn't you unpack?”
 
“In all honesty I din't have time. Once I picked up the twilight book I couldn't put it down until you called me for dinner.” I said trying to stuff a stuffed animal into the suitcase.
 
“Why don't you transmute it so you can put it in there?” Jyra asked.
 
“Nah. I got it.” I said sitting on my suitcase and locked it. “I win!”
 
“Hey, do you think that you'll see Ed and Al?”
 
“Weren't you paying attention? Roy said I would be working with them so I assume I'll see them Jyra.”
 
“Oh yeah. Blonde moment.” Jyra laughed.
 
“Sad thing is that 1) your not blonde and 2) you were right there when he said it.” I laughed as I sat on my bed next to Jyra. “I'm sorry you have to stay here.”
 
“Don't worry about it Elle. Afterall, your 13. I'm 17 so I'm old enough for war according to the state. Plus the kind doesn'tw atnt he public to know that a 13 year old would be in battle if you stayed here.”
 
“That what I don't get. If he doesn't want me in battle why the heck was my mission to stop a potentnal war? He's contradictory.”
 
“He does sound it.” Jyra agreed as I layed back on the bed.
 
“Have you met him before?”
 
“No. I think Roy has though. After all, he fought in Ishbal.”
 
“Dear god he was there?”
 
“Yeah. I probably would've been too but I was your age back then. I did desk work most of the time or a mission far away from the battlefield. Kinda like how you will be.”
 
“You were my age when you joined?”
 
“Yeah but like you I wasn't allowed on the battlefield.”
 
“I wonder why he's like that. It really doesn't make sense.”
 
“Probably so he's respected. That's my theory.”
 
“Is it a good idea to talk about the Furher like this?”
 
“He won't know. No one'll tell anyway. Especially not Roy so I don't see the problem. We're entitled to our views aren't we?”
 
“I'd hope so or I'm dropping out. I'll earn the money to save the town another way.” I said. “It's just the illness is so scary.”
 
“Scary?”
 
“Yeah. It attacks your lungs. It starts off like a normal cough so most of the people in town don't think they have the true illness until it's to late. Eventually you'll cough so hard and long that you can't breathe and then you die because you don't get enough oxygen. A man named Marco managed to cure the illness for a while but he disappeared and it came back shortly after he left so it seemed like he cured the illness not the cause of the illness.” I explained.
 
“That's what you want? The cure?”
 
“Both the cure and the reason I hope. If I can only get the cure I'll be happy as long as we can keep up with it. if people weren't selfish and sold the gold jewelry they have hanging around their houses we could've found a cure a long time a go.”
 
“Why bother then? Just pack up and move out. Maybe they aren't meant to be saved. Maybe, they're supposed to die and go to heaven or it's their hell before they arrive.”
 
“Sorry, but I don't believe in god or anything like that.”
 
“I do but I won't preach.”
 
“Thanks.” I added as someone knocked on my door.
 
“Who is it?” Jyra asked.
 
“Um…is Major Elric in there?” The man asked. “Colonel Mustang asked me to summon her.”
 
“Do you know him?” Jyra whispered.
 
“Not at all.” I said quietly.
 
“Major Elric isn't in here. Please leave.” Jyra called and I stayed very quiet to keep up the illusion I wasn't there.
 
About twenty minutes later someone else knocked on the door.
 
“Who is it now?” Jyra asked.
 
“It's me Jyra. Roy Mustang.”
 
I got off the bed and opened the door to see Roy standing there.”
 
“Ready to go El?” He asked.
 
“Yes sir.” I added and I walked over to Jyra who handed me my suitcase.
 
“See ya when this is over Elle.” Jyra smiled.
 
“Yep. Just be careful okay?”
 
“Don't worry I will.”
 
“You have a meeting with General Schmiz and the other soldiers in the morning at ten.”
 
“Alright.” Jyra added.
 
“Come on Elle, we need to go. Our train is going to leave soon.”
 
“Okay Roy. I'll see you later Jyra.” I added.
 
“Later Elle.” Jyra said.
 
Roy and I left Drachma's military base and got to the station and we headed back to Central with Jacob in a cage in the rear of the train in the cargo hold. I still laugh at that fact. Especially because he was surrounded by a whole bunch of sheep :P
 
 
There's chapter 11. I found chapter 12 was already handwritten so I'll give you two chapters so it's fair lol :P
 
Also it's now 3 and it was 1 when I started to type this (Mom couldn't figure out how to upload a resume online so I had to stop to do that for her too) and Trixie had all still born babies and the “heads” we found were her eating the stillborn babies because we found out online that if a mouse has stillborn babies she eats them for nutrients and stuff like that. I think there's only one left that she didn't eat but I don't know if it's dead or alive but mom thinks' it's dead since it only has three legs instead of four but hey you never know.