Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Your humble servant greets you, Your Majesty."
Morning arrived too soon.
His Royal Attendant was right on time as usual, the usual grin appearing on his wrinkled face.
"I trust that you slept well?"
"Yes, as a matter of fact, We, did."
A shadow crept by the pillar.

"It came to your humble servant's attention, that Your Majesty has difficulty reaching slumber recently.
Aromatherapy has long been used for its fragrance and alternative for medicinal potential.
Forgive me if I took matters in my own hands."
"There is nothing to forgive Attendant Ho. We, are grateful for your intentions."

"Long Live Your Majesty, the Emperor of Xing!"
The chorus started as court officials bowed down, as soon as Emperor Yao stepped in.
"Rise."
"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Your Majesty, the trading point between Xing and Amestris, is underway.
A path is to be secured very soon."
"Your Majesty, if trading points are in consideration, why not capture the Sea Route and
the other possible routes as well?"
"As beneficial as a suggestion it is Official Ko, we must not overlook the problem of pirates,
the merchant system and other means of transport available."
"There has been constant stealing near the east region of Xing, at the neighborhood border.
Our people there are robbed by the poor neighbors and their harvest scarce
It seems that their land is barren, Your Majesty."

Emperor Yao held his hand up. Some rays of light streamed in from the pattern holes on the high wall.
"My fellow officials, let's take things one at a time."

He placed the teacup back to its saucer and continued to address them.

"That trading point is a collaboration between Xing, Amestris and Ishval. It is an important bridge
that may help rebuild hopes and lives of others, as well as flourishing trade between the countries.
Ease of transport is something that all of us would need to work and cooperate on.
We have our horse carriages in the city but that would never work well in the desert.
We, have seen the trains and vehicles in Amestris, since we're allies, We, are sure they'd be glad
to share a piece of their transport technology with us in one way or another.

The Sea Route is far from any of these countries and may seem impractical at this moment.
The fastest route is still via the desert.
The country of Aerugo, has since picked up on friendly term with Amestris once more,
ever since the demise of Fuhrer Bradley and the Homunculi incident.
They have been known for being a trade country since the beginnings.
If the Desert bridge is successful, then maybe, chances are we might consider to trade with Aerugo in future.
The Merchant System has also been around for ages and works like any hierarchy system.
Like they say, it's either people who work against you or with you. We, would prefer the latter.
Minister of Trade, these people operate in the shadows, find out the mastermind and think of something
to show them how much opportunities they have to work in the light. "

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"And finally, for the eastern borders..."
The emperor took a sip of tea.

"We, have noticed, that particular neighboring country is sandwiched
between two other larger countries,
though fortunately, no conflict has risen between them before.
In fact, harvest is scarce in those two other areas as well.
Minister of Agriculture, the last time Xing had poor harvest in certain regions,
We, remembered we had own countermeasures.
Like a philosopher once said "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Pay a visit to the leader of that country and offer that knowledge, assist where possible."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Oh!" an official exclaimed, "There is a list waiting for your approval, Your Majesty!"

"Mm?"