Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Silver Alchemist ❯ Chapter 1- Tears and Blood- The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“ When the flames of pain die down “ Nee said “ collect the ashes and move on” She held her black cloak closer to her shivering body. It was a cold autumn evening. The sky already darkening. Nee looked at her sister. Lain also wore a black cloak the wind catching the ends. Lain took no notice of the dark or cold. Her tear- filled blue eyes stared down at the fresh grave of her boyfriend “ Joel” she whispered. “ Lain” Nee said to her older sister. Lain was 15 and Nee nearly 12. Lain let the wind push her long brown bangs into her face and back again. “We should go home” Nee said studying Lain with her blue eyes. She pushed her long brown hair out of her face; her long bangs behind her ears. “ you go” Lain.
 
Nee didn't want to return to the big mansion. She remembered when she was just a little girl. Her parents filled the house with noise and warmth. But when Nee turned 6 and they died the mansion fell into a deep silence. Since then the old cook had taken care of the two sisters. But once again death struck and the nice cook died. That had been almost a year ago, since then Lain took care of Nee. The two of them, once again, alone.
 
Out of fear of the giant house and love for her sister Nee stayed. She braced herself against the wind. “Sister” Nee said breaking the ice-like silence. “ I know it's going to be hard but he's gone and standing out here in the cold won't bring him back. You should move on and think about the good times.” Nee pushed her hair out of her face so she could see. For the first time Nee noticed Lain was holding something. It was a deep red rose. Lain stared at the tombstone with dead eyes. She held the rose tight until the thorns pierced her skin and she started to bleed. “ but…he's all I had” Lain said a tear sliding down her cheek “ he's gone….and it hurts” A drop of blood fell to the ground. Another tear slipped down her face and landed on the drop of blood. The tears and blood mingled together on the cold earth.