Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind Melancholy ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow first chapter up yay finally!!! I hope you guys like it!!! Now, just to clear up some things, I am not doing research for this chapter. It refers to the creation of the Philosopher stone, none of which is true…I think…anyways don't think its truth, its just my story line.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____________
 
The Truth behind Melancholy
 
Prologue:
 
Dante was one of the greatest alchemists ever. Her husband was currently a state alchemist for the Amestris Military. Together they had two children, twins. Their son, blonde with gold eyes like his father, their daughter blonde as well, but with cold blue eyes instead of gold like her fathers, and green like her mothers. Their son, had no intention of every becoming an Alchemist, while their daughter, Mary, wanted more than anything to become a great alchemist just like her mother and father. She became the first female state alchemist at age 25. People then knew her as the Freeze Alchemist. Now, in history books, she is listed as the Blood Alchemist.
 
When their son was 18, he died from mercury poisoning. It tore the family apart. The Father was not seen for 2 years after his son's death. Meanwhile, Mary had become obsessed with her alchemy, and under her mothers watchful eye, in her preparation for taking a state alchemist exam, she was learning many new things.
 
After she got her licence her father soon returned. He found her to be designing a stone that would allow any Alchemist to do alchemy without Equivalent Exchange. She called it Project Philosopher's Stone. She made many prototypes using her creation of red water, but all failed.
 
Her father gave her ideas about the red water. But every idea failed. She cut herself one day at the tank of red water on the splintery bench she was fixing. A single drop of blood touched the red water and sent the red water in a frenzy. She knew now what must be done to create her all-powerful Philosopher's Stone. She planed for years the destruction of a city's population to create her stone.
 
She finally chose her city, to commit genocide, and set to work. The production of the stone was more brilliant then she could ever imagine. A bright Red glow came from the city as hundreds of screams rang through the air. The military was on her in a second taking all her State Alchemist privileges away and gave her the name of the Blood Alchemist. She had completely lost her mind. Seeing all the death she had caused.
Honenhiem went to the city and saw in the center not one but 3 little red gooey blobs. Each was the size of his thumb. He picked up the stones and took them with him home hiding them from Dante. A letter came in the mail the next day from Mary telling her mother to burn all her research. Honenhiem never gave the letter to his wife. He read all of Mary's research finding that the stone could cure disease and prevent death. His son, now in the grave for 7 years, was his first attempted use of her stones. He failed miserably destroying one of the stones.
He couldn't understand. He grew angry and threw all the research against the wall. The paper floated around him and showed a diagram of a being without a soul she called a homunculus. Beside the diagram was a large circle with intricate designs and shapes. He turned the page over and on the backside of the page was a formula. It was scribbled in quick messy writing. He made out that it was a formula to take a soul and transfer it to another body. There was no more information or a circle beside the quick scribbled formula. It looked to be an after thought that was quickly taken out of her head and writing down so she would not forget, or it was only a hypothesis. It only took him a minute to decide that he would make one last attempt to resurrect his son.
If only he had not thrown the papers against the wall he would have found another page under that one saying how dangerous, and even deadly, alchemy of that kind was. The formula she had written on the back of the page was a single thought that came to her so quickly that she had to get onto the page before she forgot. It wasn't until she had read what she wrote that she realized what a horrible idea had come out of her head. She refused to do more work on the idea and left it as the little scribble on the back.
Dante was about to pass away as well from a hideous disease, and Honenhiem decided to put his daughters research to work again. He couldn't ask his daughter this time. She was sentenced to death in three days and he wanted to show her life's work meant something. The alchemy went horribly wrong. Dante's soul was transferred but not perfectly, and his son became a homunculi just like the page said he would, but he was monstrous when he looked upon him. He looked at himself and realized that the body he was currently in was decaying. He transferred his soul immediately to the servant that came in the room and left the servant's soul to die. He freaked and at once used some alchemy on his body by killing the servant while in transferring his own soul back to his new fresh body. He ended up having to do the same thing to his wife, but because her body was now behind the gate, he ended up have to do the same he did to his decaying body. The two stones, along side the circle, were glowing brightly with alchemy. There were still the two stones there - Honenhiem was pleased to see. He shook his head shocked from the power of the two remaining stones. He threw them into in the middle drawer of a near by desk and ran out of the house.
What Honenhiem didn't know was that Mary had gotten out of the prison and told to do war with the military again. She had first gone home to realize that no one was there. She looked through all her parents things and stole their valuables. When she found her two red stones she smiled. She had heard that her father had done work with them from a rumour in town and was worried that all three had disappeared.
Another thing Honenhiem and Dante didn't know was that they had become grandparents while Mary was in prison. Her daughter was currently with Mary's boyfriend staying intown. Her boyfriend was a shoe maker and she had an idea.
Mary never showed up at the roan-de-view point with the rest of the military. She was never seen and all that was left of her was a pair of tall black-heeled boots with gold alchemy circles and her boyfriends trade mark on each knee - a white star - and heels with red sparkles.
_________________________________________________________________ _____________
Author: Reminder that this is only the prologue to give some background information. The next chapter will be much longer. You know the drill! Read and review!!! I like reviews.