Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The WhiteFire Alchemist ❯ Kaori ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the FMA characters. If I did, I would have already run off with Ed (That is if Shikiori, AKA Anne, didn't rip my head off first. I do, however, own Kaori, Marco, and Ahmi Hart. (AKA, The Hart Family)
 
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!
 
 
 
Chapter One: “NO AL!”
 
“Al? AL!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Edward Elric, 14, shouted at his younger brother, Alphonse Elric, 13.
 
“Umm…Nothing brother. I'm Coming!” Alphonse hurried over to his older brother. “So brother, where are we going now?”
 
Ed sighed, “To the train station I guess. I just called Mustang, he told us to take the train to central, but I'm not sure why. He's probably twisting us into one of his stupid plans. He said something about a cave-in at a mine somewhere in this town, Katar.”
 
Al looked as puzzled as a suit of armor can. “Katar? Never heard of it…”
“Oh well. Mustang gave us orders, so…. AL!”
 
“What?” Al looked at him, sounding innocent, as a soft purr came from inside him.
“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? WE CAN'T BRING IT WITH US!” Ed shouted, causing several people to look towards them. “But brother…”
 
“NO AL!” “But Brother…look!”
 
Al pulled 12 kittens out of his armor. “We can't just leave them here, they've lost their mom!” Ed's face twisted in pain, and he sat down on a bench, with his head in his hands. “Just like us.” He said softly. “Al, we can't bring them with us!”
 
He looked up shaking his head in despair. “C'mon Al…TWELVE!?!! Maybe Lieutenant Hawekeye can take them!”
 
Al shook his head and backed away. “Ooooohh no. Just like she took care of that little dog? YAH RIGHT!” Al ran away, clutching the cats.
 
“AL! GET BACK HERE! FINEFINEFINE! We'll take them and find them someone that will take them. Okay?” Al turned around, his metal hands up under his chin. “Awww…brother, can't we keep `em? Please?
 
“NO AL!” Ed yelled for the second time. Ed grabbed the little kittens from Al, put them in a box, and went around the station asking people if they wanted kittens.
 
Finally two little girls said that they would take them. Al rolled his eyes as Ed smiled at them, slammed the kittens into their arms and took off, yelling behind him, “AL COME ON! WE'RE GONNA MISS THE TRAIN!”
 
Five years earlier: A little nine-year-old girl with golden eyes and golden hair is lying in a bed, shivering and shaking with fever. Her hands are clutched tightly around a small brown teddy bear, with a patch over one eye. “She is very sick, and we still haven't figured out what this plague is, but most likely she will not live.” “Is there anything else we can do?” A doctor and a man with the same golden hair of the girl, that looks about thirty-five years old, are having a strained conversation, while the girl is shaking with spasms from the dreadful plague spreading through the village. “Yes, there is one thing you can do. It seams that the origin of the disease, the strongest area of concentration, is in her left arm. The only thing that could possibly lesson the pain, and/or, drive the disease mostly from her body is the amputation of her arm.” “Would this increase her chances of living?” The man asks, stroking the hair of the young girl. “Possibly.” The doctor replied. “All right then. If it is the only thing that could possibly help my little girl, it must be done.” Said the man sadly, looking down at the little girl, a wave of pain passing over his face. “We will do this together, Kaori. Don't give up yet.”