Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The WhiteFire Alchemist ❯ "You little Fartbag!" ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two: “You little Fartbag!”
 
“Ugggghhh…” Kaori groaned as the sun streamed bright through her open window, shining straight into her eyes.
 
She blearily opened her eyes, screamed, and ran as fast as she could down the hall, tackling her sister, Ahmi, forcing her to the floor.
 
“You little fartbag!” Kaori yelled. Ahmi grinned innocently up at her older sisters murderous face.
 
“Is something wrong sis?” Kaori growled. Ahmi rolled out from under her older sister, and started running, yelling behind her, “I just opened your blinds so the light would shine in your eyes when you woke up…. how wrong is that?”
 
“AAAAHHH!” Kaori ran outside, completely ready to murder her younger sister. She shivered in the cool morning air. She was wearing a pink pajama tank top and short, hot-pink pajama shorts. Her golden hair fell down past her shoulders, tangled from sleep.
 
Her golden eyes shined in the light, glinting from the adrenaline pumping through her after tearing after her sister. She scanned the yard, tensing, searching for any sign of movement. But her sister was good. Not even a breeze blew, and no sound was made.
 
Kaori rolled her eyes. “C'mon Ahmi. Its all right.” Ahmi came out cautiously, eyeing her sister warily. Kaori sighed. “Why Ahmi…Why?”
 
“Why what?” Ahmi said sassily, her arms folded across her chest defiantly. A sudden breeze ruffled the leaves on the trees, and blew towards the girls, causing Ahmi's hair to fan around her face, like a golden halo.
 
Ahmi had shoulder-length blonde hair, and light freckles splayed across her nose. She was wearing a light blue pajama tank top, and loosely fitting dark blue sweat pants. She grinned maniacally at her older sister.
 
“Why? Why do I take pleasure in seeing you flip out and scream you're head off when I annoy you?”
 
“Duh, Kaori. `Cuz you're so funny when you get mad!”
 
Kaori glared at Ahmi, fuming, her fists clenched tightly.
Then, suddenly, she relaxed.
 
“Just let me sleep on the weekends, kay? I need that sleep. Besides, sometimes I dream of things I know are memories, but can't remember after I've woken up. I want to remember.”
 
“Ahmi, do you remember anything before I lost my arm? Anything?”
 
Ahmi sighed, a dark look crossing her face. “No Ahmi. We've been through this before. I'm sorry.”
 
And Ahmi really meant it. She wished so much that that had never happened. Ahmi was too young to remember it, only 7 or 8 years old. She wished her sister still had her arm, and could remember everything.
 
Nothing had been the same after the fever though. It had swept the town, causing many younger children, between the ages of two and ten to be exposed and vulnerable. Ahmi had gotten lucky, somehow escaping the fever, and was sent out soon after Kaori had gotten sick. No one had ever survived the sickness once exposed. But Kaori was the first. Some say it was her will to live, others say it was a sort of blessing placed on her by God. God or not, thought Ahmi, she survived. And is my sister, annoying and hotheaded as she is…she's my sister.
 
Somewhere inside Kaori were the secrets to her past, and those secrets, if remembered, would change life for the two girls and many others, forever.