Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The WhiteFire Alchemist ❯ Sheilded by a Cloak of Darkness ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shielded by a cloak of Darkness
 
“Umm…sis, where are we going?” Ahmi asked nervously, noticing the dangerous (I mean, VERY dangerous) look in her older sisters eyes.
 
“I think someone's in trouble Ahmi!! Look!!!” She said, pointing to the black figures, one pointing a knife at a boy's throat.
“Whoa…he's short!” Ahmi whispered.
 
Ed's head whipped around glaring into the woods, his sensitive ears hearing someone say the word short. He squinted, seeing the two girls, one pointing at him.
 
First his eyes narrowed, about ready punch the girl's lights out for calling him short. Then he looked confused, wondering who the heck these girl's were, wandering around in the woods, looking for trouble.
 
Then, remembering the knife at his throat, his eyes widened, and he shook his head slightly, trying to tell them to stay away. The Sneak Suit Lady pressed the knife harder to his throat.
 
“What are you looking at?” She asked, her voice hard and cold. “Not looking for escape routes, are you?”
 
The girls slipped back into the shadows, but not before the older one gave him a wink and a thumbs up. Dammit! Ed thought. Please tell me they're smart enough to not try anything stup-
 
His thought was cut off by the sudden thump of a body hitting the ground. One of the “Fire men” dropped to the forest floor, unconscious. So much for them not trying anything stupid, huh?
 
The pressure of the blade against his throat suddenly lessened, as the lady hissed and spun around, to see what was going on. In fact, she said, “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” Okay she yelled.
 
Ed noticed his chance, and used the distraction to fling himself out of the way, disappearing into the shadows. The lady spun around, her knife pressing against empty air.
 
“Now you've made me really angry.” She hissed. “And trust me. You don't want me angry!” She snapped her fingers, and the remaining six “Fire men” sprung into action, illuminating the entire forest.
 
Ahmi, Kaori, and Ed were now all visible. As soon as Ed realized this, he leapt into action, clapping his hands and drenching the henchmen in unexpected showers.
 
The flames sputtered out, and they were again shielded by a cloak of darkness. Ed threw a hail of rocks at the henchman holding Al captive. Al was free, as he joined his comrade on the ground.
 
Al walked, unexpected, up behind a man trying to throw a punch at one of the shadows leaping around him (Kaori) and hit him in the head with his metal fist.
 
Though Al couldn't see it, Kaori flashed him a smile of gratitude, before, again, leaping into action. Ahmi looked wildly around her at the four henchmen left, still holding the puppy, which was now whimpering in fright.
 
She hastily backed away, deciding she would be of no more use, and ran off into the forest, climbing up one of the trees. It was still day above the forest, and as she neared the top of the tree, the puppy squirming in her arms, the light from the sun blinded her.
 
Ed whipped around again, sending another round of stones at the two henchmen stealthily creeping up behind him. They tried to dodge, but stones came at them from all directions, striking them in the head, and they left the remaining two “Firemen” alone.
 
The cat lady crept unnoticed behind Kaori, slyly hitting her in the head with a large rock, and everything suddenly went black.