Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The WhiteFire Alchemist ❯ "Whoa. Who turned out the lights?" ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Whoa! Who turned out the lights?”
 
“AL!”
 
Whoa… Ed thought. Who turned out the lights?
 
“Al? AL!!”
 
“Yes, brother?” Al said right next to his ear. Ed jumped above the trees, before slamming back to the ground.
 
“Whadja do that for?” Ed said angrily.
 
He turned around and around. “Gosh, brother, it's really dark.” Al said.
 
“Yah. I hadn't noticed.” Ed said sarcastically. He clapped his hands together, creating a soft glow around them.
 
Something rustled in the bushes behind them, and Ed whipped around, causing the light to go out.
 
“Dammit…” He muttered, clapping his hands again, to reveal a gleaming knife at his throat.
 
He started to put his hands together again, and the blade was pressed harder to his neck, little drops of blood landing on the ground.
 
Ed swallowed hard. “Umm…glad to meet you I'm sure.” Ed said to the dark form in front of him.
 
“The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure, Fullmetal.” A seductive voice said beside his ear.
 
A lady in a black tight suit stepped into the light. She had flowing black hair that shined in the light, and the brightest green eyes he'd ever seen.
 
They were like cats eyes, and had a dangerous gleam. “I would suggest not moving, Elric. We are surrounded by the best fire fighters you will ever meet.”
 
“And I don't mean the lame kind people humans call Fire Fighters, that help put out fires. You see, my men start the fires.”
 
As she spoke, seven small flames burned on the fingers of seven men, dresses in the same tight black sneak suits as the lady. “Al…” Ed said tentatively.
 
“Yes, brother.”
 
“Your brother is in the same situation as you are, Fullmetal. Don't think we don't know that his soul is bound to that armor, with the transmutation circle at the back of his neck.”
 
One wrong move and you'll never see your brother again.
 
 
“Awww…I like this one!” Ahmi said, her eyes shining. She was kneeling in front of a silver cage, looking at a small dog. It gave little frightened yips, curling up in the back of the cage.
 
“It's all right”, Ahmi cooed. “Come on.”
 
She held out her hand toward the dog. The dog inched up warily looking at her hand. She wiggled her fingers as the dog came closer, and licked her fingers.
 
Ahmi giggled, her eyes sparkling. “Can I hold him? Please?”
She asked the lady at the counter excitedly. “Of course.” The lady handed her the key and took out the puppy, putting it into Ahmi's arms.
 
Kaori rolled her eyes, as Ahmi squealed, the puppy licking her nose.
“I'll take him!” Ahmi smiled widely, handing over the money.
 
“Hey now! I didn't say we could keep…” Kaori's voice trailed off, as Ahmi skipped out the door, swinging the little dog round and round in her arms.
 
It was a little fluffy dog, with soft golden fur, and the biggest brown eyes. Kaori ran after her sister (again) as she leapt on the train speeding by.
 
Ahmi sat on the isle seat, grinning as the puppy licked her face.
 
Kaori sighed, “Ahmi…I NEVER SAID WE COULD GET A DOG!!!”
She yelled.
 
The puppy whimpered and Ahmi glared at her. “Awww…don't be so heartless”, Ahmi said, grinning at the little dog.
 
Kaori looked out the window, looked forward, then took a double take. “It looks like someone's in trouble. And they're in those woods.” She said, looking at the fire burning, dark outlines behind the orange and red flames.
 
“This is our stop!” Kaori yelled, pulling a surprised dog and Ahmi behind her.