Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Times Never Forgotten ❯ Memories, Visits, and Confessions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Times Never Forgotten

By Spanky K





Yet another train whistle blew. Yet another mission awaited Edward Elric and his younger brother Alphonse. And yet another time Kate was on her own. The furher couldn’t have picked a worse time to send the Elric brothers out on a mission. Kate was four months pregnant with Edward’s child. She didn’t know how long it would take for Edward to come home.

Kate has been friends with Ed and Al since she was about five. She was amazed at how fast the years have flown. She still remembers as if it were yesterday when Edward gave her her first kiss. Now she was pregnant with his child. “It just happens so quickly,” Kate said to herself, rubbing her belly with her pre-born baby. She sat down on the loveseat and had a flashback.

~flashback~

Edward: 6; Alphonse: 5; Kate: 5 1/2

It was summer. The creek was flowing in its normal speed. Kate, Edward, and Alphonse were running along the meadow’s tall grass.

“C’mon, Al! Can you go any slower?!” yelled young Edward, laughing hard and out of breath.

“I wouldn’t be talking brother!” yelled Alphonse, laughing also.

“And why is that?!”

“Just look behind you!”

Edward looked behind his shoulders seeing Kate right behind him, running harder until she was right alongside of him.

“Not bad huh?!” asked young Kate, smiling.

Edward laughed until he stumbled on a rock and tripped, rolling across the grass. Kate tripped on Edward and fell along with him, seeing she was laying on him by mistake.

Kate blushed but Edward smiled and giggled. He took his finger and pulled the hair out of Kate’s face. “You alright?”

Kate rose to her feet and brushed the dust off her shirt. “Yeah. Sorry.”

Edward rose up off the ground. “No prob.”

~end of flashback~

Kate was in the kitchen at the table with Winry. Winry had come over to visit Kate for a while.

“So what have you decided to name the baby?” asked Winry smiling and looking at Kate’s belly.

“I don’t even know if it’s a girl or boy. I’ve only been pregnant for four months.” said Kate.

“Oh…” Winry looked at Kate’s stomach once more. “If it’s a girl, what’re you gonna name it?”

“Well… I was thinking on naming her Faith…”

“What if it’s a boy?”

Kate looked at Winry and smiled.

Winry smiled back. “Oh I see… right after his father.” Winry chuckled and closed her eyes.

“Yeah,” said Kate still smiling.

***

Crunkle Crinkle… Fwp… tssst…

“Uh, Colonel?” Edward Elric peered into Roy Mustang’s office. “What’re you doing?”

Crunch Crinkle… Fwp… tssst… “Reading my mail.”

Edward smiled. “Looks like you’re trashin’ em’ to me.”

Mustang looked up. “No one likes to read letters from the mortgage company…”

Edward raised an eyebrow and sighed. He walked over to the leather sofa and sat down, crossing his left leg over his right.

“Oh Ed, we’ve decided to cut you short.” Mustang threw another paper wad at the trash bin.

Ed looked up. “Whadda ya mean?”

“You get to go home early. You’ll get time off then.”

Edward’s eyes grew bigger and so did his smile. “Really?! You mean it?!”

“Yeah, a whole week earlier.”
Crinkle Crunch… Fwp… tssst…

“No way, that’s awesome!”

Mustang glared at Edward, who seemed to flinch when he caught his eye. The smiles stopped. “So tell me Ed, why are you so eager to get back home?”

Edward sighed under his breath and looked at the floor with a gloom expression. “Colonel?”

Fwp… tssst… “Yeah?”

“If I tell you this, promise not to tell anyone?”

“Yeah, go for it.”

Edward nervously tightened his fists. “Well… you see, Kate… well… she’s pregnant…”

Fwp… BONK! “OH ED!” Mustang put his hand on his face. “Since when did Al fall in love with Kate?!”

“No you dunce, it was me!!! She’s pregnant with MY kid!!!”

Mustang stood stiff, eyes wide and mouth open. “Oh… You’re the one who got her pregnant?!” Mustang pointed at Edward.

Edward crossed his arms. “That’s right! So shut your mouth, don’t tell anyone…” Edward grunted in anger.

Mustang sighed. He sat on the couch next to Edward and put his hand on his shoulder. “Edward… do you have any idea of what you just went through? What you’re GOING to go through? I myself went through it once too… and… Well Ed, you’re just not at the appropriate age. Neither is Kate.”

Edward spoke in a low voice. “She’s seventeen…”

“Seventeen?” Mustang raised an eyebrow.

“Well, almost.” Edward sighed and looked at the floor again, his hair hiding his face.

“Ed, though you’re seventeen, it doesn’t mean Kate’s seventeen too. In fact… how many more months until Kate turns seventeen?”

“Bout six…”

Mustang sighed and put his hand on his face. “Oh Ed… You put her through a lot for her age…” Mustang slowly slid his hand off his face and glanced at Edward. “You know there’s no turning back…”

“………..”

“You’ve already gone through enough… I’m sure you put Kate through more than she needed to witness, too.”

Edward raised his head up a little. “So… Why’re you so worried about what we do then?”

“I’m just trying to make you understand what you’re about to go through. I’m also letting you know that that’s a pretty young age to be getting pregnant. I’m just making sure you’re ready for this…” Mustang glared at Edward once more. “Okay?”

Edward looked up at Mustang and let a weak smile spread his face. “Okay. Thank you, Colonel.”

Mustang smiled back. “So… How far along is she… Fullmetal Daddy?” asked Mustang, laughing a little.

Edward smiled more. “Four months,” he said in an excited kind of voice. “And you know what,” he added, “we’re getting married next year. We’re engaged right now.” Ed lifted up his left hand that had a golden ring on his finger.

“Real gold huh?”

“Yup.”

“You know Ed, everyone’s gonna find out sooner or later. You’re going to have to tell the rest of us sometime or another.”

“I will…” Edward lowered his eyelids. “When I’m ready…”


Chapter 2’s on its way! Hope you enjoyed this one! Reviews please!!! ^_^