Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Sacrifice ❯ The Priest and the Sinner ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unknown Sacrifice
AU from Manga chapter 35
Chapter 4 - The Priest and the Sinner
 
Scar was doing his usual business, slinking around Central City on the look out for a State Alchemist in need of divine judgment. He stayed to the shadows and alleys, not wanting to be recognized unless he had no other choice. Attention was not on his wish list. He walked with his head down, looking for pray out of the corners of his eyes over his sunglasses.
 
Still looking for that gleam of silver on a military uniform, Scar was bumped from behind by someone else using the shadows of the city to stay unnoticed. With a growl he turned around, ready to tell the person off. But before he could fully complete the action, Scar heard a feminine voice ask, “Are you interested in getting rid of an Edward Elric?”
 
Scar finished his turn to meet a woman with long red hair stretching down in a braid over her left shoulder and tied with a dress ribbon that matched her cotton dress and cream apron. Her face held violet eyes which were sure to make her stand out as much as his red eyes did to the extent that he wore sunglasses. It surprised him that she did not hide her eyes with bangs, a scarf, or something else, but left them for the world to see no matter what the consequences. It caused Scar to wonder why he was so fond of his own cover up. It was not like his opinions were hidden from the State, and he had attacked alchemists in the open before.
 
It was not only this that caused Scar to be on his guard, she felt…wrong somehow. If only he could stick his finger on it. He did notice his arm start to itch though, not that it meant much. It was not uncommon for his brother's gift to act up in crowds.
 
(Hopefully without me telling you, you have figured out that this chick's a homunculus. We don't meet them all in the Manga, so far anyway, so I tool the liberty to create her. She might be Sloth, or Wrath. Who knows? {even though the making of a homunculus is discussed after ch 35, I'm using the manga version} Definitely not me, hopefully she does. Anyway, long story short - she's bad news.)
 
“What if I said yes?” Scar responded with a question of his own.
 
“Why then, I would lead you to him. Where his is now, all he can do is await death.” the woman answered.
 
Scar raised an eyebrow, “Really? Do lead on fair lady. That state alchemist has evaded death for far too long.”
 
She giggled and starting walking, Scar following.
 
“Oh I agree with you,” she looked over her shoulder at the Ishvaran with an expression which could only be described as flirty if seen from afar. The eyes, Scar noticed, shone with malice and an amusement of the violence to come, revealing the true nature of the redhead's heart that no one would normally guess of such a female.
 
“But he won't be for much longer,” Turning back around, Scar's guide continued to their destination.
 
Scar had stopped in his tracks at sudden look in her eyes. Had she returned to normal? As quickly as she transferred to the dark side? After taking a couple steps, she stopped again and looked over her shoulder. Her face was crinkled in a smile, no signs of harmful intent shown anywhere.
 
“Coming?” she asked.
 
“What's your name?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I said, what's your name?”
 
“You can call me Genyou” she answered turning and once again starting off.
 
(Do to her nature of me not knowing what she is, I named her Genyou, meaning ghost, monster, etc., the true identity of which is unknown. I thought it fit, and it's not her real name, just what she gave. ^_^)
 
“Hmm,” Scar pushed his glasses farther up his nose and walked forward. The gravity of the meeting kept him from getting to close to her while following and he increased his efforts to stay away from others. Right now, his goal was Edward Elric.
 
 
Ed woke and the first thing he noticed was darkness. Complete, utter thick, gooey black darkness. The next thing he noticed was that he could not move.
 
He blinked, twice the blackness stayed, and it looked like it was going to keep on staying. So he tried to move his arms to see if he could create some light, he could not seem to bring them together. Both his flesh and automail arms were not responding, so it could not be a mechanical problem. Not even a finger could twitch. On top of that, Edward had no sense of his surroundings because his flesh hand was numb. He could not tell if the surface was cold, warm, solid, wood, stone, or even if his arm touched the wall of his current location.
 
Legs…no go there. Same for his toes, and still no type of feeling at all. The only thing that seemed to have any movement at all was his face. He was perfectly capable of grimacing and frowning as he tested his situation. Sticking his tongue out to confirm this, Ed wondered why he still had control over his face. Obviously the dirty bastards had done something to him, maybe even a drug. He hoped he was not paralyzed.
 
At this Ed stopped, who were the dirty bastards that had him here? And where was here?
 
As if in answer to his puzzle, a bright light suddenly poured down on him above. The light was too much to bear after the inky darkness so Edward closed his eyes against it, but tears still leaked from the light intensity. Opening his eyes after a few moments Ed could just make out a blurry silhouette above him.
 
“Well, well, well. How is our precious sacrifice doing today?”
 
The blurriness of the form above him faded as it came into clearer focus and the light did not sting as bad. Unfortunately, this allowed Edward to see nothing other than Envy's bust hovering above him.
 
“You bastard,” Ed growled like a cornered lion while taking in his surroundings.
 
As it turned out, Edward Elric was in a box, a small box, lying belly up. While there did not seem to be any light or air holes, there had to be simply because Ed was still alive after being closed up in it. Though, at the moment he was a little too preoccupied to care.
 
“What do you want?”
 
Envy answered Ed's question with the violent action of sticking a knife in his right thigh. Ed head went back as he held back a cry of pain and bit his lip in the process; there was no way he was going to give Envy the pleasure of him crying out.
 
Well, it was obvious now that he was not paralyzed, if he was than he should not be feeling any pain. So, he was drugged. What surprised him though was if he was drugged to his limbs couldn't move or acknowledge their surroundings, why was he feeling pain? His limbs were numb before but now his thigh had spasmed when the homunculus had plunged the knife into his thigh. If only he could move his arms to clap them together.
 
“Like it Chibi?” the palm tree haired youth asked. “I sure do. I can inflict pain, watch your face screw up, and relish your screams. Plus you can't do anything about it. That's the best part.” He smirked and broke into a chuckle.
 
To add to his fun, Envy decided to repeat the procedure to Ed's other leg. Once again his enjoyment was spoiled by the lack of a full out scream.
 
“Hmm…maybe once more,” Envy muttered, pulling the knife out of Edward's flesh.
 
The blonde's face, which was now starting to pale, glared at the hermaphrodite in defiance. Barring his teeth with anticipation, Envy plunged the weapon straight into his toy's chest.
 
The result brightened his week. Edward's back arched from the pain and despite biting his lip so hard he bit though it, the alchemist still released a cry of pain. Envy giggled with greed and he turned the knife a little to see the pain displayed on Ed's face.
 
“Envy, stop playing with him. We need him intact!” A voice cut through to scold the knife wielder.
 
“Yeah, yeah,” Envy said in an annoyed tone. He obviously did not like his fun interrupted.
 
The shape changer leaned down towards Edward, “I'll see you later.”
 
Ed grunted and closed his eyes as the knife was pulled out. Licking the blood on his knife, the green haired youth replaced the box's lid. It was a good thing Ed's eyes were closed, other wise he would have seen the words “Fullmetal Pipsqueak” carved on the lid over a bad stick person portrait of Envy.