Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Where No One Knows ❯ Dreaming Of Now ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: i dont own fma!
Pro: "Dreaming Of Now"
She pulled the cold metal blade down across her wrist and watched as the blood bubbled to the surface and slide down her arm. She sighed in content. It was times like these that all her worries and pain left her, even if it was only for a few minutes.
She lifted the blade again and placed it next to a few healed scars and cut deeply. The blood flowed freely from her arm and dripped onto the floor.
'knock' 'knock'
Fuck, why cant they just leave me alone for more than five minutes! She thought angerly.
'knock' 'knock'
"Kayla, are you in there? Kayla?"
"Yeah hold on a sec.." She said fumbling with her dresser draw trying to get it open enough to slide the knife in only to have it drop onto the hard wood floors with a 'clank'.
"Kayla? Is every thing all right in there?" The voice at the door asked quietly.
She kicked the bloodied knife under her bed along with the bandages. She hastly pulled her left sleave down and hoped the blood wouldnt seep through.
Her legs wobbled slightly as she unlocked her door and opened it nervously.
Shit..If she catches me I'm as good as dead.. The girl named Kayla thought.
"What was the hell were you doing , and with the lights off ?" The younger girl at the door questioned.
"I WAS sleeping before you started that obnoxious banging." She stated her voice quivering slightly in the begining.
"Well that would explain why your hair is all messy . And I tought that it was the older siblings job to be presentable?" her sister said smiling.
"Yeah , well some people are actually tired after work and -" Kayla stopped when she noticed her sisters gaze had wondered over to the space next to her dresser.
"Sis, what are you looking at?" Kayla asked nervously.
Her sister didnt pay any attention to her and walked into her room and stoped by her dresser.
She knelt down beside a red smear on the floor.
Oh fuck...I didn't see it because it was dark...
"Kayla? What is this?" the younger girl said while placing her hand out to touch it.
"Don't touch that its just paint! I...I spilt some when I was going for the door..."
Kayla just hoped that her sister wouldnt notice the slight metalic smell that had occumliated around it as well.
"It does kinda look like paint...but are you sure its not something else...are you ok...?" her sister asked gently.
"I'm fine really. It's just paint I swear, since when have I ever lied to YOU?" she asked with what she hoped wasn't a hysterical tone.
Her sister looked at her sckepticly but sighed and shook her head.
"I just worry about you sometimes...Well if your really ok..she paused letting her gaze burn into me I just wanted to ask why you have to leave in two weeks?"
So much for mom keeping her fat mouth shut...But at least it got her off my case...For now...
"I am going to take the state alchemy exame...So I have to leave soon if I want to take it."
"What! Your going to become a state alchemist! Are you crazy! You, a dog of the military!" Her sister screamed at her.
Sigh...This is why I want to leave...I cant even make my own decisions anymore..
"Not exactly, but I do want to become an official alchemist-"
"But you don't even know any alchemy! Do you?" her sister cut off.
"Get the hell out of my room! You don't know hardly anything about me so don't start acusing me of shit! Now get out!" She growled.
Her sister looked like she had just been slapped but nodded numbly and walked out of her room.
"You are not the Kayla I remember...She would never want to sell her soul to the military..." she said as she ran down the hallway and into her own room.
Kayla slowly shut her door and locked it again. She walked over to her dressor and pulled out a cloth and started to whipe up the blood off the floor.
She rolled up her sleaves and looked at her arm and sighed.
"I haven't been the Kayla you remember in quite some time...I cant wait to take the test...and get my watch..."
She reached under her bed and pulled out the knife,bandages and water bottle.
She poured some water on the knife and began to clean off the dried blood. When she was finished she began to clean and bandage her arm.
When had my life become so complicated...Since when did I need to cut to feel better...To get a release from pain? she thought gloomily looking at her arms.
She felt the all to familier pain in her chest start to return. It was a constricting kind of pain, it seemed never ending.
She pulled her knees up to her chest and let the back of her head hit the wall.She needed to leave this place..It caused her too much pain...They never left her alone...
I will pass that damn test..I will become a state alchemist..Than I can get a name that is a frozen as the element I produce...
She let herself drift off to sleep knowing that soon her sister would tell their mother about the 'paint' on the floor and than she wouldn't get anymore sleep that night.
end pro.
Pixie:... ok...that really didn't come out like I had planned but oh well.. Tell me if you like this i'm still going to continue because of my friend
sigh . The 'normal' characters WILL be in the next chapter...if it ever gets written...the more reviews the more motivation I have to write this now my friend is glaring at me fic. - Ja-