Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Whisper in the Wind 2 ❯ Dear Diary... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist (but I wish I did) If I did, Kate would be in it and in the 1st movie- when Ed's 18- he would already be married to Kate and have 2 beautiful children named Fric and Frac (just kidding) or Beavis and Butthead. (hah, gotcha there.) Anyway, I would name them... uh.... Reuben and uh.... Tucker. Yeah! Anywho, enjoy this fic, and be sure to read Whisper in the Wind part 1 before you read 2. It would make more sense! (duh!) Please read and enjoy. ^_~ ........ -_- (sweatdrop) *sigh* I know, I'm still bad at things like that.













It had been a few days since Edward Elric and his younger brother, Alphonse left for Eastern Headquarters. They left from there to investigate the town of Liore, which had been conned by the town's favorite- but fake- profit, Cornello. Kate was in her room writing in her diary, which was Edward all through it. She wrote about how her and Edward became best friends and how they did everything together. She wrote about her secret crush on him, and how he kissed her a couple days before. But this time was different. Now she's writing about how he left and how much she misses and loves him. She wanted to call him so badly, but he wasn't anywhere near a phone.

Kate sighed to herself and went back to writing. She wrote in her diary,



Dear Diary,

Ed had to leave for the East HQ to investigate Liore again. I'm so bored, and I miss him so much. Winry and Pinako are still working on auto-mail and Draco is still asking me for hair to work on a science project. Yep, it's all the same accept Ed isn't here. He promised he'd come back to me. I'm collecting his homework, too. So far he has three pages of Math, six of Science, four of Social Studies, and two of English. Talk about soon- to- be hand cramps. I'll help him on it. I think I'm going to write a letter to him just to see how he's doing. After all, I need to stay in touch to tell him how much homework he has. (lol)


~Kateland Brezanne Rockwell


Kate shut her diary and leaned back on her pillow. She smiled and thought about Edward laughing at the joke she told him once, and how Winry hit him in the head with a wrench for lying to her about the doughnuts being in her room. Kate rolled on her stomach and chewed on the eraser of her pencil. She wondered what Edward was doing and how he is. Kate stood up and walked out of her doorway into the hallway.

***

"Ed, quit daydreaming and give me a report."

"Shut up, Colonel."

Two jet black eyes under a head full of black hair peeked up from a pile of papers. Colonel Roy Mustang sighed and set the papers down, getting up out of his chair and looking out the window. "You know, Fullmetal... three years, almost four, have passed and you still havn't found info on the Philosopher's Stone. You need to try to find at least a hint of a clue. Even if it's small, which is all you give me."

"WHO'RE YOU CALLIN' A SPECK OF DUST THAT EVEN A GERM CAN"T SEE IT?!!!"

"I didn't say you were, I'm saying you give me small reports. This report is important... you really need to start researching."

Edward pounded his hands on the Colonel's desk and stood up out of his seat, making the vase on Mustang's desk fall and shatter. "I'm gonna find the stone and get mine, and Al's body back. And when I do, I'm gonna have a life... not living with cold metal limbs. I want to be happy, and I want Al to be even happier. And I want Kate to be happy, too." Edward turned his head and walked off to unpack his trunk.

Mustang stared at the doorway Edward had just walked out of for a few seconds, but then turned his attention to the water from the vase all over the office floor. He looked at his reflection from the crystal clear water, and the yellow petal floating at ease on the small puddle. He lowered his eyelids and sighed silently as the water dripped off the broken glass. Kate?...

"Stupid Mustang..." Edward shoved a piece of steak in his mouth with his fork. "Always giving me lectures. What'd I do this time?" Sadly and slowly, Edward put down his fork. He looked out the window beside the table he was sitting at with his eyes lost in his thoughts. Oh Kate... I miss you... I wonder what you're doing now...

"Oh, hey Ed! You look sad. I know something that'll cheer you up!" Maes Hughes scared Edward when he sat on the bench next to him. He pulled out a photo of a small girl on a swing and held it in Edward's face. "Look how big Elisia's gotten! Isn't she so cute that you'd wanna hug her?!"

Edward lowered Hughes's hand out of his face. "I don't care about your precious baby right now. I have other concerns."

"Oh, miss someone like I miss Elisia?"

"Something like that. Accept this person is like twelve years older and way taller than her."

"Alphonse?"

Edward gave Hughes a dark grim look.

"AH! J- just wondering... no need to get upset..." Hughes cleared his throat and straightened his glasses. "Who are you missing, then?"

"It's non of your business! And stop steeling my rolls!"

Hughes stoped with a dumbfounded look on his face as Edward grabbed the roll out of his hand. Edward got up with his tray and moved to another table.

***

"Let's see..." Kate had gotten out a piece of paper and a pencil to write a letter to Edward. She thought for a couple of minutes, until she thought up a letter good enough to be called one. She folded the paper and set it into an envolope and licked it, sealing it tight. She addressed it to the East HQ and wrote Edward Elric on the envolope and took off for the post office.

I love you, Kate... Remember that...

My Kateland... I will come back to you...

These words rushed through her head as she was making her way to the post office. She remembered what he had said to her before he left, that he will come back to her. She was still relying on him and she still counted on him. But over all... she thought to herself. I can't wait to see him again...