Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Whisper in the Wind ❯ Secrets So Deep ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Kate? What's wrong?."

Kate shook the thought out of her head. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong." How can these symtoms be love? Kate never really loved Edward. They had always been friends. Close friends. Best friends. They've known each other for as long as they could remember, but the time they became close friends was when Edward became a State Alchemist at age twelve. She never felt a burning desire to be with him. Never until now, but she just won't accept the fact that she loves him.

Edward will be skipping school in a month or so to go to the East HQ for two months. How will Kate feel then? Being away from Edward for two months? She feels as if she can't go three inches away from him. She tried her best to ignore the fact. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"You mad or somethin'? You havn't talked to me any. You sure nothing's wrong?" asked Edward with a glimps of concern in his eyes.

"No, Ed. I'm fine." Kate grimaced and looked away. The thought seemed to hurt her.

Edward smiled. "Awww.... You're mad at me, aren't you. C'mon, lighten up." He set his hand on Kate's shoulder.

Kate gasped slightly as she felt her heart skip a beat. She felt as if she were running a fever as her heart raced at full speed. She didn't want Edward to touch her like that when she's in a phase like this. But how could she break it to him that she loved him? Usually she didn't mind him touching her, but her feelings could take over if he does. She thought hard and decided to deal with it.

"If somethings bothering you, you should tell me. C'mon, I won't tell." Edward leaned his head closer.

Kate felt the warm hot air come from Edward's nose. That made her swallow and put her hand on Edward's face. She quickly drew it back and held it, preventing it from touching anything else.

"Uhhh... what was....that?" Edward looked at Kate with a wierd expression.

Now I really blew it! "Uh...oh, well....you see-" Kate covered her mouth. "How about we go on home, whadda ya say?"

"Sure, if you'd like."

The two teens stood up and walked off to Pinako's house. As they took their path through the woods, Edward began to worry about Kate. Okay, something wierd has gotten into Kate. Edward stared as he and Kate walked on the crunchy leaves. He lowered his eyebrows and jumped in front of her. He put both of his hands on Kate's shoulders, putting her back against a tree.

"Ed! So sudden!" Kate shouted out in excitement. She felt as if her heart burst with heat.

"What?.... Okay, I know there's something wrong," Edward calmed down, still having his hands on Kate'a shoulders. "You're really scaring me... I don't want anything to happen to you..." Edward formed his lips into an O and leaned his body closer to Kate.

Kate closed her eyes and puckered her lips slightly.

"What's wrong?" Edward had only formed his lips to say what.

Kate opened her eyes dumbfoundedly. "Well... I-"

Edward put his finger in Kate's lips. "Say no more. I know what the problem is."

Kate blushed fiercely. "I... need...help..." Kate needed her fingers hungerly to Edward.

"With what?" Edward's body semed to lean closer.

Kate felt that she was used to this new feeling and learned to control it. She smiled and said, "My homework..."

Edward laughed and lowered his hands. "Alright, I'll take it. What're friends for?"

Kate smiled warmly. "Yeah... what're friends for..."



Chapter 3's on it's way! Hope you enjoyed this one. Reviews please! ^_^