Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Your Nightmarish Past ❯ No Common Sense ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Common Sense-chapter 2
 
“Wow thanks so much, we thought we would never find a place to stay.” Said Eli as the group followed the girl in front of them.
“oh it's no problem. we have a lot of military personnel that come through here and our inns almost always fill up quick this time of year.” She said with a smile. Ed looked at her a little weird. “What? Do I have something on my face?” said the girl.
“Oh NO! I am just surprised.”
“Oh? By what?”
“Well, you people don't hate the military?”
“No, of course not. They have always helped our crops flourish. [pointed to a field of corn] besides, they help us out a lot.” Ed still was baffled until Al sope.
“Um Miss, what's your name?”
“Oh I'm sorry, how rude of me, my name is Shinkei at your sevice. And who might you be?”
“I'm Elina Clark.”
“I'm Edward Elric and this is my little brother Alphonse.”
“Nice to meet you.” Said Al as he `bowed' in reference.
“Wait, THE Edward Elric?” asked shinkei.
“Yep, the one and only.” He said pointing to himself.
“You mean to say that you're the Fullmetal Alchemist.” Ed nodded. “WOW…I had expected you to be older and much taller.” (uh oh) Ed blew his top to say the least. Al grabbed his brother before he had the chance to hurt their kind host. “I'm sorry, that was rude. Oh look, we're here!” she said standing in front of door to a small house. Ed stopped struggling long enough to notice.
 
 
 
“Please stay as long as you like.” Said shinkei the smile not leaving her face. “I noticed that you guys had already eaten dinner, so here's desert!” she sat two slices of cake down in front of Ed and Eli. She was about to give Al some but he kindly refused.
“Doesn't this bring back memories Ed and Al?” asked Eli.
“you mean from when we first introduced to Pinako and winry?” asked Al.
“yeah. She gave us cake then too.” Said Ed.
Shinkei walked up to them and said,
“Ok, here's the deal I only have two beds. So one of you is going to have to sleep on the couch.”
“Ed and Eli can have the beds, I'll take the couch.” Said Al.
“Well Shinkei I think I am going to take you up on that offer. Lead the way.” Ed said ready for bed. (rhyme!)
“Sure but there is one more catch. The beds are in the same room.”
“I”LL SLEEP ON THE COUCH!” yelled Eli as she turned about three shade of red.
“Are you sure Eli?” asked Al as he was being pushed into the other room.
“Yep she's sure!” affirmed Ed as he was also blushing (slightly). He quickly ran into the bedroom dragging Al with him.
“Oops. Maybe I should have mentioned that earlier huh?” said shinkei.
“No it's alright, I guess I'm just a little embarrassed.”
 
A couple hours passed, Shinkei had already gone to her room. Ed and Al were in their rooms, but far from asleep.
“Brother, don't you think you should tell Eli that you're sick? I mean she almost found out today and she'll figure it out eventually.”
“I know, I just don't want her to worry.”
“But she'll worry even more when she finds out you didn't tell her. Your symptoms will only get worse, and harder to suppress.”
“I know Al, but maybe it'll pass. Maybe it's not..that serious.” He said before finally drifting off to sleep.
 
 
Shinkei had woken up early to fix her new guests some breakfast. Ed and Eli ate their fill before going to the Almasa library to begin their research. They showed the librarian their watches and went to the special rooms assigned to them ahead of time. Ed and Eli heard a knock on the door.
“oh hi Al.” said Eli.
“Is there anything I can help you guys with.”
“Nah, we're good Al but stick around, maybe we'll do something after this.” Said Ed smiling. Al nodded and closed the door.
 
Several hours went by and Ed's symptoms had worsened to shivering and sweating. This is weird, I'm cold but I'm sweating he thought to himself. He pulled the book over his face so Eli couldn't see his now damp face. Unfortunately his efforts were for nothing, because he let out a sneeze. He quickly ducked back behind the book.
“Edward…[Ed cringed] did I just hear you sneeze?”
“Nope, not me, must have been somebody else.”
“We are the only ones here…Edward Elric.” He cringed again at how she said his name, his full name.
“Sure it wasn't Al?” he tried one last desperate attempt to hide his illness.
“Edward! You know better than anyone that Al can't sneeze!” she pulled the book down and Ed had the look of fear on his face. (cause of how she was looking at him) “You know Ed, you would think that in all your infinite wisdom you would have the common sense to take better care of yourself!!!” Al stood outside the door listening.
“I warned him his would happen.”
She put her hand to his forehead and immediately removed it.
“Ed….you're burning up!” she yelled for Al. he jumped and opened the door.
“Yes Eli!” she looked at him disapprovingly.
“So you knew did you, Al?”
“Uh well…brother told me not to tell.”
“If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you?”
“Well…”
“Nevermind, don't answer that. How could the two of you keep this from me?” The two boys looked away ashamed. Ed suddenly broke the silence with an outbreak of coughs. Eli rushed over to him rubbing his back trying to suppress them. He was struggling to breathe. Luckily Al had run out to buy a water bottle from the machine outside the library. Ed grabbed the bottle from Al and drank greedily. His coughing had stopped but he seemed exhausted. Eli sat down beside him stroking his face.
“Ed? You ok now? You want to rest?” he perked at how scared she sounded. He looked up at her, eyes only half open.
“No, I'm fine. We should get back to Shinkei's house now.” He said standing up. He hadn't realized it but he did feel exhausted and kind of stumbled leaving the library. The whole walk back Eli never took her eyes off of him. She noticed his breathing had changed, for the worse. His face was pale, so Eli had walked up beside him to check his temperature. He became some what annoyed that she did this in public, but he just didn't have the energy to say anything. She had noticed that his eyes were slightly dulled from their beautiful golden luster. They finally reached her house and immediately went inside.
“Good Afternoon! I just finished making a late lunch for everyone. Please help yourselves.” Shinkei said with a smile. Ed was the first to sit down and start stuffing his face. Well he can't be too sick Eli thought as she watched Edward inhale his food. She heard her own stomach growl and decided to dig in her own food.
“Wow that was delicious, Shinkei. Thank you.” Edward said as he patted his now full stomach.
“oh no need to thank me, Alphonse helped do the shopping. He told me just what the two of you like to eat, and I made it for you.” She said kindly. “I hate to eat and run but I have an ingagement that I must attend to, please excuse me. Feel free to relax any way you please.” She said before grabbing her purse and coat. “I'll be back later, don't wait up.” She walked out the door, closing it behind her.
“How do you feel, brother?” asked Al worriedly. Ed let out a sigh before he answered.
“I don't know. I guess I'm ok. I mean I don't feel deathly ill.” He said as he removed himself from the table and plopped on the couch beside Eli.
“Liar. You still look pale, and have a fever, and your eyes are dull looking.” Ed turned away. She was right and he knew it, Al knew it too. “Why can't you just say something already?” Ed let out another sigh along with Al shuffling his armor.
“Fine. I have had a cold for about a week now. I guess it's from walking around in the rain without a jacket.” He said smiling. Eli flashbacked to when they had arrived back in central, when Ed had given her his jacket to keep her from getting sick.
“So you gave me your jacket so I wouldn't get sick, and now your sick?”
“Yep, that's right.”
“What are your symptoms?” she asked crossing her arms in a huff.
“Um…let me think, sneezing, coughing, dizziness, sweating, chills, and—“ before he could finish, he put his hands to his mouth and ran to the bathroom. Al walked to the door and knocked.
“Are you ok brother?” Ed didn't answer. All Al heard was the sound of wretching. Eli made a face.
“So that last one must have been…nausea. Wonderful.” Ed opened the door, slowly walked out and sat back down on the couch.
“Anything else, Ed?” She asked before gently stroking his face once again.
“Uh, nothing other than feeling like I've been run over by a truck.” He asid with a slight smile.
“Well then that settles it.” she said standing up raising her fist.
“What are you planning?” asked Al.
“Ed is going to the doctor tomorrow.” Ed perked up from his sitting position and was now standing.
“But I don't want to go to the doctors. Why cant I just wait and let it pass? Do I have to go?” he said sounding like a little kid.
“Brother doesn't like the doctors.”
“Too bad, he's going if I have to knock him out.” She said smiling evily. Ed was sitting again and looked worried. Ah man…I hate the doctor!!!!
 
 
A/N
 
Hello…I hope yall are enjoying my sequel so far….i forgot the disclaimer….so I don't own FMA….wish I did!!!!!....but any way…poor Ed…he is sick and doesn't like doctors….oh well….he has to go~!!!!