Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Faith and Wings ❯ Anything you can do I can do better! ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Faith and Wings

Plot: Tasuki is stuck waiting for Miaka, Tamahome and the others to return when he and Talia have to wait and a filled cottage in the middle of no where. Talia, the Priestess of Suzaku's life long sister and body guard. Not a Suzaku seven, but meant as a friend to the Priestess by the gods. She and Tasuki wait for almost one week for the others to return. But the heat between them begins to break down Tasuki's `I hate women' feeling. More twists etc…

Chapter One

Tasuki relaxed on the huge bed in the ting room he and Talia could afford. His flaming reddish orange hair burn in the light as Talia leaned over the balcony and viewed the maids below in this cottage. Her hair tied but she wiped around to speak to Tasuki.

"Can you leave me any?" Talia asked in a harsh tone Tasuki as he ate all the rice given to them as a courtesy from the cottage. She stared at him as he kept eating like a race horse the bed until he stopped. "Thank you." Talia stood up to reach for the rice until he quickly ripped out his palm and stopped her then commanded silence.

"BURRRRRRPPPP!" Tasuki burped as loud as he could, sending Talia on the balcony on her ass. She looked up and touched her head to see everything spinning, but she could see he was still eating.

"Oh I hate you! Tasuki all you do is drink sake and sometimes eat!" She shouted while gaining ground and standing up straight, she pulled her dark blue hair back and then closed her eyes and heard him chewing in the background. "But you eat EVERYTHING!" She hollered at him, yet he ignored her until he dropped his chop sticks and lay back down.

"Now I'm finished." He retorted. Talia stormed over and slammed the bowl off his belly sending it crashing onto the floor as it smashed into a thousand pieces. He opened his eyes and glared at her. "You where quieter in the bandits you know." He snapped, striking a cord with her as he implied on the memory of her and Koji, he best friend from the Mountain Bandits which she dated for a few years. She turned red while face him again as he laid with his eyes shut and smugly on the king size bed in the small room of the cottage. Talia looked at him then with a quick movement she elbowed him in the abdomen as he lurched in pain she walked away humming.

"I'm taking a swim," Talia announced in a prissy tone as he nursed his stomach unable to speak. She swung the door open, but turned to him before exiting.

"We have one week Tasuki, one week." She winked at him as he winced in pain and gripped his stomach.

"You little!" He managed to say, but she was already gone.

*****

Talia released her long dark blue hair onto her pale white skin. She looked in the mirror as she unwrapped it from its ribbon covered pony tail as it flowed to her sides. She wrapped her towel around her then glanced in the mirror, she realized why she and Tamahome looked like kin so much, her eyes looked pale blue and sometimes even violet. She touched her face, and then turned over to the crashing waterfall. She stepped on the beautiful tile as she toes felt like silk to its touch. She tossed the towel onto the untouched floor while letting her naked body slip in the water. Talia rested her head back and felt like she was finally at peace. She and Tasuki had been walking for 2 days to get here, and taking Tamahome's orders to stay until they are safe. It didn't help that Tasuki was injured either.

Talia just began to close her eyes and finally fall asleep when a crash came from around the corner. She knew it was a maid or something, as her body began to release and she was unable to let go. The warm water sank into every pour until another louder sound drew near her. She opened her eyes and saw an oranged hair terd standing near the waters edge, with a huge bucket in hand that seemed to be moving. Tasuki froze as Talia covered her chest and leaned over.

"What the HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" She yelled as he just stared at her, but then let go of the bucket and dashed away. She saw it fall, full of dirty and grimy fish from the pond outside.

"PAY BACK'S A BITCH TALIA!!!" He shouted back before running away completely. Talia grabbed her towel and covered her body and thought of chasing him, but afraid of losing her towel she tossed her arms in the air and went to change. She knew this was not the last of Tasuki's surprises for the week.

"He's so stupid, I hate him! Why would Tamahome make me wait with him? Oh wait cause he'll keep me `safe'! Tamahome knows he's irresponsible and a rude, and completely incapable of making rational choices!" She growled while putting on her outfit. She put on her kimono which the sleeves, it was a deep blue, with a grey trim, it was long and dress like on the bottom, with slits cut up in the side of each thigh. It hung off her shoulders, as she had an under shirt, white underneath to help hid most cleavage. Talia pulled her hair back, tied it into a pony tail as her long strand stopped at her thighs; she wrapped it in white ribbon then wrapped her fists and forearms in black tape. Talia gazed in the mirror, and remembered the day she came to know these people, Miaka, Tamahome, Chichiri, Hotohori everyone.

It was midnight, all of the Suzaku and the Priestess where in a small pub eating and drinking.

"Oh shut up Tamahome, I kicked as many asses as you! You taking full credit would ruin my rep." The drunken Tasuki shouted. Miaka ignored them both and kept eating rice. The pub was tiny; the bar was in the center covered with 3 beautiful women who served. It was grey, and all wooden in side with tables and benches. The noise level was loud as it was packed.

"Oh Tasuki, only if you could count." Tamahome replied with a small yawn. Miaka still hungry came to the empty part of her bowl, she called for a waitress and who to come and wait on them was Talia.

"Yes miss?"

"More rice please, and umm, another egg roll, wait two more and another plate of shrimp!" She said half excited for the food, rather than Tamahome being back. Talia, giving her a strange glance, turned and walked away as the drunken Tasuki and Tamahome watched her short white skirt as she walked for Miaka's order.

"Man, wonder what her name is?" Tamahome said before receiving Miaka's glare from hell.

"SHUT UP!" Yelled Miaka as Tasaki and Tamahome froze and just watched her walk away.

"Miss!" Talia shook from her memory, and turned to the cottage owner, whom was running towards her in main floor of the place, with a note in hand. "Miss Talia, here, you have, a-a-note Ma'am." He was trying to catch his breath as she nodded politely and tore open the letter. She glanced at its contents then turned to the huffing fat man.

"Please check me and my associate out immediately." She told him then walked away. She ripped up the letter and threw it away, before entering the room. Tasuki was of course no where in sight, so she packed all they had and when exited the room, to find him strolling up the hallway.

"What are you doing with my bag?!" Tasuki cried with a stupid look plastered on his face. She walked by him, with his bag over her shoulder, and of course, he followed.

"We need to meet the other two towns away. I got a letter from Tamahome." She told him as Tasuki ripped the bag off her shoulder, she almost fell forward, but turned and watched him dig in his bag.

"Where's this letter?" He asked as though she lied to him.

"Threw it away, didn't need someone finding it and following us, again." She said with a cocked grin while turning to stride out of the cottage. Tasuki's brains exploded as he dashed after her, fist clenched.

"Why did you HAVE to bring that up AGAIN!" He shouted as people began to stare, Talia looked at them and with a fake grin she waved at them. With Tasuki still yelling behind her. She kept waving then turned to him and spoke.

"Cause you screwed up! That's why!" She hissed, then exited the cottage land and passed the white fence and over the road, towards the thick forest. Steaming, Tasuki dragged his bag and caught you to her.

"The road is over there!" He screamed and pointed. She heaved in the trees and snapped back.

"TO NOT BE FOLLOWED YOU CAN'T TAKE THE DAMN ROAD! Tasuki." She spun around and placing her hands on her hips, she watched him throw the bag down, and approach her.

"Now, this is long over due. You and me, right NOW!" Tasuki ripped out his fan, she closed her eyes and smirked.

"You really wanna try?" He nodded his head. Moving her hands, she held them up into a normal stance, then Tasuki licked his lips, and swung his fiery fan to call it's power, she grinned, but before she could even get a swing in, she had this distressed look on her face, a look of pain. She fell to the dirt below, hugging her stomach. Tasuki looked shocked, he'd won. Yet, he had not even touched her yet. Tossing his fan under the back of his shirt, he quickly knelt down hearing her cries of pain.

"Talia! What is it?" He asked, unsure of what happened. Her eyes where winced shut as she managed to pull back her hands, Tasuki leaned over and viewed the cause of her pain. Blood was drenched on her hands and clothing. He viewed her face, pale and concerned, just as his face was. He hates women, but he'd never admit to adoring Talia, and loving Miaka. It wasn't in his vocabulary. He cared for them both, and seeing the strongest women (besides Nuriko) in horrible and unbearable pain was life shattering.

"Okay Talia, we need to get to a doctor," He knelt over and placing his arms under her body, he picked her up as she moaned in pain, until her cries where silenced. Tasuki forgot about the bag, he darted by, as Talia was no longer stable enough to hold her head up. Tasuki looked down while running onto the street.

"Talia? Talia!" he cried. But no simple remark was released form her `always open' smart-ass comments. He began distraught himself, and screamed for help.

"A DOCTOR! I NEED A DOCTOR! PLEASE!" He shouted causing attention to be transferred to him and his lifeless beautiful friend.