Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Faith and Wings ❯ Burned ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 5

"Oh shut up!" Tasuki yelled while being tied in the middle of the towns crossing roads, he was going to be burned to death. The protestors chanted and tossed their arms in the air in joy. He wondered how many people this small town had. They tied him up, and he started rapidly looking for the hooded savior. The crowd gawked at Tasuki, ready for his sinning ass to be burned.

"STRAIGHT TO HELL!" One chanted. Tasuki rolled his eyes and tried to stay calm, but his forehead was sweating and his face was pale.

"Only if they didn't tie these so tight." He mumbled while trying to release his hands. He gritted his teeth while struggling. Talia was still no where in sight either. He began to panic as the flames where lit around his feet. They began to grow higher, almost touching his shin, he tried to release his hands again, but it didn't work as well. But suddenly, his hands were free; he gripped the wood stake he was once tied to so he wouldn't fall into the blazing mess, then felt his ankles dangle over the fire when the crowd's messages stopped. He didn't waste time, jumping off the stake and over the flames Tasuki began running to his freedom in the forest ahead.

"GET HIM!" A guard screamed, but he was then nailed in his shoulder with a dagger, as did the others who tried to follow Tasuki as he disappeared into the forest. Then the crowd thought it wise to try and catch him as well. But before they could even enter the forest, almost 50 daggers landed at its entrance, making a thick line that no one dared to enter. They all turned and saw a hooded man on the roof.

"NOW GET HIM!" They decided Tasuki was a loss, then headed for the dagger thrower.

* * * * *

Tasuki stopped running about 40 minutes ago; he was in the thick brush and knew the town wouldn't bother anymore. He was curious to where Talia was though, and then a dagger was poking from the tree up ahead.

"Wondered were you are." Tasuki said as Talia came from a tree branch, Tasuki saw a pile of daggers; she must have been there long. She heard his voice then jumped down and ran to him with a hug. Tasuki wrapped his arms around her waist, as she hung around his neck, as it seemed natural. The smiles they had were something they needed. Releasing one another, they pulled back and Tasuki started. "Bout damn time you saved me. I was almost fried!"

"You have the nerve!" She growled while turning away. "You just have to ruin everything!"

"Oh it's you who got us in this problem!"

"Seems as though you started it!" She snapped back while picking up her daggers.

"How did you get those!" he yelled.

"STOLE'EM TO SAVE YOUR ASS!" She yelled while putting one in her shoe and another under her shirt, then stabbed the dirt and covered them up. Tasuki placed his hands on his hips and watched her.

"I'm tired, spent most of the past two days in a room, guarded." Tasuki laughed.

"HA! I've been in a jail cell!" Tasuki growled, knowing she couldn't compare. But she didn't respond. She curled up in a small ball, and closed her eyes, and finished her memory.

"Talia, we've got trouble outside, you wanna take care of it?" A bartender said, male of course requested she take care of it and not him. Wiping her hand she nodded her head and walked passed the unknown Suzaku and the Priestess to stop the fight outside.

Stepping off the porch, she saw two men growling and fighting each other. Little did she know it was Tamahome and Tasuki.

"Alright boys. That's enough to night. Let's solve this in the morning shall we?" She said while pushing them off each other. They looked at her, and Tamahome, drunk swung at her. She ducked and then decked him in the stomach. This made Tasuki angry as Tamahome keeled over. Tasuki went for a right hook, but she moved and kicked him in the stomach.

"SEE THAT!" Miaka yelled, seeing a glow from Talia's wrist. It was a symbol, a glowing red symbol, and the symbol of faith. Tasuki's symbol of wings glowed as well as Tamahome's. It was then; she was welcomed into the Suzaku.

Opening her eyes she realized it had been almost 40 minutes of day dreaming memories. She looked over and saw Tasaki shivering in the night's cold breeze. Though he did have more clothing than she did, she crawled over to him and slid next to him. He was on his side facing her, when she put her arm over him.

"WHAT!" Tasuki awoke and was now holding her above him, thinking she was a robber or something. She was shocked as his hands pinned up her over him. Tasuki's face was still looking angry, mad he was woken from sleep.

"You, you where shivering. So I thought I'd come over here-" She wasn't sure what else to say, he lowered her a little, then Talia felt a flash over her body.

"I was?" Tasuki said softly. Talia nodded her head, and then he lowered her to the point where her body was relaxed on his. Tasuki ran his hand over her back, then for the third time their lips meet. She pinned her hand on Tasuki's chest as his hand held her close. It was bout damn time too!

Their breathing became heavy has they rolled over, now with Tasuki on top of her. He pulled back, and their eyes meet. Talia smiled, then kissed him quickly before they took each others clothes off. The heat between them was like fire.

For months now everyone noticed, and they'd just stopped fighting. They cared about each other more then they could ever say. If one was missing, the other was crazy and anxiety-ridden. When Talia was with Tamahome, and Yuy, Tasuki was beyond depressed. He was lifeless. Under Yuys powers, when Tasuki saw Tamahome and Talia kiss, he died inside. Speaking was a bit of a strain too. Constantly picking on each other, the yelling, the fighting everything was all about tonight.

Their movement was entwined with one another. Their bodies glowed with sweat their breathing was corresponding with each other. Tasuki's eyes where locked with Talia's while making love. The clothes were covered around them. It was a few hours before they began to breath at a normal pace. Tasuki had his arms around Talia, as she slept with her head on his built chest. Tasuki slowly feel asleep as well. His jacket covering them, the morning lingered as they slept.