Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Hotohori in Miaka's world ❯ How did I get here.. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hotohori in the 'Real World'

A muttered goodnight from the red haired Miaka who was visiting his quarters told Hotohori that most everyone in the palace was most likely asleep since Miaka stayed up the latest.
He sighed lightly, then looked into the mirror, smiling to his own beautiful reflection. A few moments later he was changing into his night clothes, and then got into his enormous bed. The firelight coming from outside just barely reached his face, giving off a shimering glow. The tempterature was so comforting that he smiled and easily drifted off to sleep.
Less than five minutes later, he sat upright upon hearing a strange roaring noise and some kind of loud horn. When his eyes opened, he almost gave a shout of shock at what his suroundings had changed into.
He looked down quickly at himself and noticed that he was in some pants of a strange blue colored material and a loose white shirt that was designed very oddly.
He looked around again and jumped back, running into an elder women who apologized before continueing on. He stared at what lay infront of him. Large pieces of metal, colored, with rubber wheels and, no it wasn't possible.. could they be moving, without anything pulling or pushing them?!
His jaw dropped, then he realized that he was standing at the base of a huge building of glass. It was larger than anything he had ever even dreamed of! He gasped and muttered to himself 'What in the hell...', then it hit him. Could this be the world Miaka had spoke of? What a strange world. Perhaps he was mearily dreaming. Yes, that was it. Only an imagination could come up with something so.. odd. But something in the back of his mind, told him this was completely real.
He looked down the sidewalk, not knowing where to walk to now. If this was a dream, why not have a look around? He began walking towards a small opening in the middle of the city, with trees and grass. Finally, something he recognized. But he stopped and looked into a glass sheild next to him which was actually a store front.
His eyes widened and he looked at the glass sheild. Could it be some kind of odd door? Well, he decided to try and pulled on the black latch. It opening with a jiggle from a bell at the top that made him duck, but then run forwards. He regained his posture, and looked throughout the shop. Swords, he knew that was what they were but why were they so strange looking. He walked up to a very very old looking sword and picked it up. The sword suddenly began glowing a faint red and Hotohori's eyes widened more. It was his sword! What on earth was it doing in Miaka's world?! The sword instantly became normal as the storekeeper approached him and Hotohori raised an eyebrow at how sloppily the man was dressed. Then he remembered he was dressed similar.
"Beauty, ain't it?"
"W-what? Oh, this, yes." Hotohori managed to spit out.
"I can cut you a deal and it's all yours for $50. I mean, it's not in the greatest condition and all.. "
Hotohori blinked as the man pretty much insulted his sword. He sighed a bit, not having a cent in this world.
A minute later he felt the sword in his hands lighten and he looked down to see it had vanished. He blinked and the storekeeper automatically pulled a knife to Hotohori's neck.
The beautiful emporor of Konan's eyes widened. How violent this man was.. He stuttered a response as the man infront of him jumped to conclusions.
"Thought you'd trick me, eh? Well you won't get away without paying for that sword!!"
"Wait! I didn't steal the sword, I swear, it just vanished from my hands!"
Hotohori sighed when he saw the man's eyes. He knew he wouldn't get away easily so he hit the man with the flat of his hand on the back of his neck, knocking him out.
"I'm apologize but I need to find that sword and I do not have time to deal with you!"
Hotohori ran out the door quickly, in search of the sword and tripped over it. He regained his balance and picked it up. He had to keep this with him.. it was all that connected his world to this one now. He stopped and something made him realize that this was definetly not a dream.
"How did I get here.." He muttered..

Suddenly he heard his name being called and looked up.