Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ If You Asked Me To ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(A/N: Yes, the Tas/Nuri fanatic has written another Tas/Chiri fic. (What's wrong with me?! J/K) I hope you'll enjoy it! ^_^.)
(Disclaimer: Fushigi Yuugi, Tasuki and Chichiri all belong to Yuu Watase-sama. The song "If You Asked Me To" belongs to Celine Dion. No profit is being made off of this as it is for entertainment purposes only, so suing would be useless. The story, however, belongs to me. Steal and Die.)
(Warnings: Yaoi/shonen ai, angst, Tas/Chiri)

*Thoughts*
~Song Lyrics~

If You Asked Me To

by: AniDragon, aka Riona-chan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The monk knelt by the two graves and held his hands together in prayer. Every year, he would come to this place to pray for them. It was a shame that their burial site was so far from their home, but they would have already been washed out by the many floods had they been put much closer.
With a final whisper to Suzaku to help their spirits be happy, Chichiri leaned over and kissed the top of one of the graves, and left a small bouquet on each of them.

~Used to be that I believed in something
Used to be that I believed in love
It's been a long time since I've had that feeling
I could love someone
I could trust someone.~

With a sigh, he turned away from the graves and slipped his mask back on to hide his tears from anyone who might be watching. As much as he would deny it, he still wasn't completely over their deaths. He only wished that he could hold Kouran one more time... To kiss her, and tell her that he still loved her, and that he forgave her for everything that happened. That he wouldn't even let anybody else into his life. He knew it was stupid. He had to move on, but he just couldn't....

~I said I'd never let nobody near my heart again darlin'
I said I'd never let nobody in~

He finally reached the inn he was staying at and went inside to sit at the bar. He ordered a light drink, and sipped at it slowly. He didn't like drinking too much, but wandering with Tasuki those two years had given him a taste for alcohol.
"Oi! Chichiri!"
*I think of the devil, and he shows up. How typical*, He thought with a small laugh as he turned to see the redheaded bandit sitting at a table not far from him.
"Konichiwa, Tasuki-kun no da!" He greeted in what he hoped sounded cheerful, "It's been a while, ne?"
"Yeah," Tasuki said, getting up and walking over to the bar as well, "Has it been two years already since I went back to Mt. Reikaku?"
"Three," Chichiri corrected.
"Three? Wow, I gotta start keeping track of time better."
Chichiri laughed. He had missed Tasuki over the last few years.

~But if you asked me to
I just might change my mind
And let you in my life forever~

"So, what are you doing over in this town?" Tasuki asked nonchalantly.
The monk tensed up a little. Should he tell his comrade that he was visiting the grave of his dead lover? Surely there was no harm in it.
"I was... visiting someone no da," He let out. He didn't know why, but he had trouble telling Tasuki the real reason why he was there.
"Really? Who?" The bandit asked curiously.
Chichiri bit his lip. Well, it was now or never, "I was... visiting Kouran's and Hiko's graves."
A look of shock crossed Tasuki's face, "Oh... Sorry, I didn't..."
Chichiri took his mask off and set it on the table of the bar, "It's all right, Tasuki-kun," He gave the bandit a small smile.

~If you asked me to
I just might give my heart
And stay here in your arms forever
If you asked me to
If you asked me to~

There was an awkward silence between the two. Finally, Chichiri blurted out the first thing that came to his mind, "I've missed you."
He blushed deeply after he said that. Why did he say that? Sure, it was true, but....
Tasuki looked a bit shocked, but then he nodded, "Yeah, I've missed you too... Ever since I went back to Reikaku, I've felt like there was something missing. Then I realized that it was you that was missing," Now it was the bandit's turn to blush, "But, then again, I guess that when you travel with a guy for two years, you just get so used to having him around that it's hard to adjust..."
It was silent once again until Chichiri once again spoke up, "And have you adjusted?"
Tasuki shook his head slowly, "No."
Chichiri looked at his cup, "Ah... Me neither no da...."

~Somehow ever since I've been around you
Can't go back to being on my own
Can't help feeling darling since I've found you
That I've found my home
That I'm finally home~

Chichiri stood up, "I... um... I should be getting to bed now no da..." He didn't really want to leave, but he was getting a bit nervous. He didn't know if these feelings that he got whenever the bandit was around were what he thought they were, but he didn't want to stick around to find out. He couldn't be feeling that. After all, he still loved Kouran, didn't he?

~I said I'd never let nobody get too close to me darling
I said I needed, needed to be free~

Even as he told himself that, he knew that it wasn't entirely true. He did still love her, of course, but that didn't mean his heart couldn't be open to others. And as much as he tried to fight the feeling, he had fallen for the unruly bandit sitting across from him. He got up and began walking away, when he heard Tasuki's voice.
"It's still earlier."
He stopped and turned, "Nani no da?"
Tasuki smiled up at him, "It's still earlier. It wouldn't hurt to have another drink. We could catch up."
Chichiri smiled back, "Hai no da... That would be nice."

~But if you asked me to
I just might change my mind
And let you in my life forever
If you asked me to
I just might give my heart
And stay here in your arms forever
If you asked me to
If you...~

Chichiri sat back down next to Tasuki and ordered another drink while Tasuki gulped down his sake. The pair began talking about everything that had been happening in the last three years, and for a while, it was just like old times. After an hour or so, Chichiri began to feel a bit light headed.
"Da... I think I drank a bit too much na no da..."
Tasuki looked at him, a bit shocked. He had drank much more then the monk had, but then again, he was a more experienced drinker then Chichiri was, "Yeah, probably. I'll help walk you to your room."
They got up, and Tasuki took him by the shoulders to keep him balanced. Chichiri could probably have made it to his room on his own, but wasn't about to tell the bandit that. They go to his room and Chichiri smiled.
"Arigatou Tasuki-kun no da. It was nice seeing you again."
"Ah, it was no problem. I'll probably see you tomorrow morning."
Tasuki began to walk away, but Chichiri grabbed his arm to keep him from leaving. The wing seishi looked at him oddly, "What's wrong Chiri?"
Chichiri didn't know what made him act next. It might have been the alcohol, but the next thing he knew he had pulled Tasuki towards him and kissed the bandit full on the lips.
*Please don't let me regret this no da...* He silently prayed.
His prayer was soon answered when Tasuki starting kissing him back, wrapping his arms around the monk's waist.

~Asked me to, I will give my world to you baby
I need you now (I need you now)
Ask me to and I'll do anything for you baby, for you baby~

Chichiri leaned into the kiss, savoring the moment and wishing it would never end. Unfortunately, the need for air made him pull away, panting.
He smiled up at Tasuki, "I've wanted to do that for a long time no da."
The bandit grinned back at him, "Me too."
With this, the distance between the two was closed once again, and the couple moved into the room, closing the door behind them.

~If you asked me to
I'd let you in my life forever~

~If you asked me to...~

~Owari~

(A/N: Hm... I wrote this fic relatively fast... It's the first decent songfic I write that I actually finish. lol. Anyway, please tell me what you think! Complements are welcome, constructive criticism is appreciated and flames are used to roast marshmallows. Ja!)