Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ My last breath ❯ My last breath ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Last Breath

A/N: this is a HikitsuxTomite songfic to the song `my last breath' by Evanescence. It is in Hikitsu's point of view. Takes place at the time of his death, eventually exploring how they ended up guarding the cave. If anything is wrong, I'm very sorry. Please read and review and forgive poor grammar. The song is in italics.

The wound dealt me is fatal. I recognize that surprisingly calmly. There are few of us left, and even our priestess likely won't survive this fight.

Hold onto me, love

You know I can't stay long

Tomite is still alive, but I don't know where he is. I need to talk to him.

All I wanted to say was I love you and I'm not afraid

This is my last chance to tell him. And the one time I don't have to have any fear of rejection. I push myself up to my feet, but I've already lost too much blood and collapse again. This time, I feel someone catch me. Tomite! He's saying something, but I can't tell what. When I try to talk I can't make any sound.

Can you hear me?

Can you feel me in your arms?

He didn't leave me yet. He's still holding me, perhaps I should have told him sooner.

Holding my last breath

I need to save my energy, store it up, be able to audibly make out at least three words before I die. I have to be careful.

Safe inside myself

Are all my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured light

It ends here tonight

Tomite is wounded. Not seriously, but the fighting's still going on. Over Tomite's shoulder I see Inami and Uruki wounded dying. Tomite still doesn't move.

I'll miss the winter

This world of fragile things

Look for me in a white forest hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)

I fill myself leaving, I have to try now. With all my remaining energy I make myself talk. "I love you" and it was audible.

I know you hear me

I can taste it in your tears

He's crying now, and looks shocked, so is this a good thing or a bad thing.

Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Are all my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured light

It ends here tonight

I hear the priestess dying now. He'll leave me to go to her, but it doesn't matter. I close my eyes, and the pain stops

Closing your eyes to disappear

You pray your dreams will leave you here

But still you wake and know the truth

No one's there

A sudden stab of pain jars me conscious again. An arrow hit me, after going through Tomite's heart. I am sad that he dies now, but I think happily that he never left as my life finally ends

Say goodnight

Don't be afraid

Calling me calling me as you fade to black

A/N: now, in my mind I have this continued, but to get it continued on this site, I'm gonna need reviews.