Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Missing Monk ❯ The Missing Monk ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Missing Monk
By DoomPrincess
Disclaimer: Author bounces to large file system, checks copyright, smile drops. Bummer, I don't own any rights to any manga, anime or comics anywhere. They are owned by very talented artists and writers and I am not one of them. Very sad. Conclusion: I don't own Fushigi Yuui. Sigh, so sad.
“Chichiri!”
Miaka smiled as she heard Nuriko searching for the monk. The man was hard to find when he did not want to be. He had a habit of finding solitude to mediate on what had happened, and what was going to happen.
He'd had a hard time forgiving himself for what had happened to his two best friends.
It had taken Miaka a while to convince him he did not have to hide behind all his masks. She realized he used them to hide and for safety, a way to keep him from ever having to feel again.
She had changed that though; regardless of the masks, she somehow made her way into his heart. She smiled again at the thought of his face without the mask. How his eye was full of color and emotion. The scar that ran over his other eye and the down the right part of his face was only ugly to those who did not know him. To Miaka it was beautiful. It only added to his handsome features.
“Chichiri!” Nuriko called again for the absent monk.
Miaka giggle, as it seemed Nuriko was bound and determined to find the monk. She briefly wondered what Nuriko needed, but her mind soon wondered back to the handsome monk that was bound to protect her. She knew he was powerful, this was seen when he used his magic. He was also strong; she remembered his arms as they had several times grabbed her from harm's way. She had also discovered he was patient and kind when he would listen to her cry about her confusion over Tamahome and Hotohori.
Those moments now seemed so long ago. She had come to realize that she did not love either of them. At first she thought she loved Tamahome, he protected her and fought for her, but it was only a crush. Then she thought she loved Hotohori as he proposed to her and offered her an entire kingdom, but alas what she felt for the handsome emperor was not love either.
Miaka's thoughts were interrupted again as Nuriko screamed for his prey.
“CHICHIRI!”
Nope, the monk obviously did not want to be found. And this suited Miaka just fine as she turned in his sleeping arms and kissed his cheek. Miaka smiled as Chcichi's lips smiled and then mumbled her name. Snuggling further into the monks embrace, Miaka, hoped Nuriko would forgive her for keeping him to herself.