Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of FY ❯ Right, and I'm Suzaku no Miko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Official Fanfiction University of Fushigi Yuugi

Like the others, this fic is loosely based on Camilla Sandman's "The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-Earth" I own none of the Fushigi Yuugi characters mentioned in this fic, and if you don't recognize a character then they're my own creation.

Chapter 1: Right, and I'm Suzaku no Miko

Rena Welsh was stuck.

Like many Fushigi Yuugi fans, she wrote fanfics. Her fanfic weren't anything special, not some great 30-something chapter novel like something AveryJ would write. Just simple original character stories. Perhaps to simple. All those original character fics looked the same to her. Another girl gets sucked inside the book, falls in love with one of the celestial warriors, defeats the enemy, and then goes home. Bor-ring.

Rena wasn't looking for a edge-of-your-seat story, just something to keep the audience's attention. Her total reviews on fanfiction.net was lousy, she barely had ten.

Sinking down into the cushion of her computer chair, she started at the story displayed on the screen. Her eyes began to graze over the lines again, and yet they were. . . .

"The seven stars of Suzaku

One girl can save the empire and make the legend rise anew. Unto mortal hands this victory will fall and all evil will perish.

For within her a great power lies, and with the strength of her warriors at her side, unity will once again befall the land.

This is the story that makes dreams come true. Read it, and certainly you will see the world with new eyes."

Rena blinked at the words on her screen, "Woah. Did I write that? That's not half-bad. I wish I could write like that and remember it."

"You have great potential."

"Ahh!" Rena spun around in her chair, nearly knocking herself over, and found herself face to face with four people who looked like they had stepped out of an MIB movie. The first man was eyeing her carefully. At least she thought he was, she really couldn't tell behind those dark sunglasses.

"Rena Welsh?"

"Y. .y. .yes." She stuttered out.

"How do you do? I'm Suzaku Agent C, this is Seiryuu Agent B, Byakko Agent A, and Genbu Agent D. We're representatives of The Official Fanfiction University of Fushigi Yuugi."

Rena started up at him with a skeptical look, rolling her eyes, "Right, and I'm Suzaku no Miko."

Suzaku Agent C pulled the other three agents into a huddle and they began to whisper. Rena leaned closer, and when Genbu Agent D noticed her, he moved the group further into the middle of the room.

"Hmpf. This is my room, ya know. You best not be talking about me." Rena snapped.

"Well, we were." Seiryuu Agent B said, turning back to her. "Miss Welsh, we're here to see that you enroll in The Official Fanfiction University of Fushigi Yuugi. You're stories clearly show that you are in dire need of schooling."

"Schooling?! I'm sixteen years old, I've had plenty of schooling!" Rena yelled, standing up in her chair and thumbing herself in the chest.

"Ah yes, but not this type of schooling. This is a special university for Fushigi Yuugi authors. It will teach you everything and then some about the FY universe, so you can write to your full capacity. We have a very reliable staff."

Rena crossed her arms, her expression a hard frown, "Oh brother, what nut-house did you guys escape from?"

"I can understand your being skeptical." Suzaku Agent C said, "But in a few hours it will all become clear."

"I think you guys should know, I have a black belt in karate, and I may be small but I'm no pushover." Rena clenched her fists at her sides.

"Have a seat Miss Welsh." Genbu Agent D said, motioning toward her chair.

"I don't think I want to. My dad's a cop you know." Rena folded her arms, the scowl never drifting from her face.

Suzaku Agent C sat down on her bed, and pulled out a clipboard. Taking a pen from behind his ear, he held it to the paper. "Fine, whatever you like. I just have some basic questions I need to ask you. Name?"

"You already know my name, apparently." Rena replied.

"Just answer the question Miss Welsh." Suzaku Agent C sighed.

"Rena Welsh."

"Age?"

"Sixteen."

"Sex?"

Rena blinked, "Well isn't that obvious! My god! Of all the nerve to ask me such a question!"

"Miss Welsh. . ."

"Female! Stupid prying delusional freak." She muttered.

"Ok, Normal Human, Celestial Human, or Something scary beyond all reason?"

"These are basic questions?" Rena groaned, "Normal human. At least as far as I know."

And so the questions went on for what seemed like hours. Questions of whether any strange animals had appeared before her in the past, if she had ever experienced anything strange with a library book, if anyone at her school talked about his past life as a warrior. Until at last they reached the final question.

"Alright, last question. Are you for Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakko, or Genbu?"

Rena darted a look around the room at the dead serious expressions of the agents. "Um, my answer isn't going to tick the other three of you off, is it?"

"We don't get involved Miss Welsh, we're just doing our job." Seiryuu Agent B answered.

"I'll take that as a no." She sighed, "Suzaku."

Nothing was said, but Rena was sure she saw Suzaku Agent C smile, and heard the other three grumble under their breathe.

"All done." Suzaku Agent C stood, tucking the clipboard under one arm. "Thank you very much for your cooperation, Miss Welsh. You'll be picked up at precisely 6 am tomorrow morning."

"6 am?! But it's one o'clock already!"

"See you later, Miss Welsh." Genbu Agent D gave her a salute, and before she could blink, the four agents vanished from her bedroom.

Looking down at her wrapper littered floor, she scratched her head, "Rena, you've got to stop eating those cupcakes after midnight."