Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of FY ❯ Miisu and Renkou, School Tour Guides?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Official Fanfiction University of Fushigi Yuugi

Like the others, this fic is loosely based on Camilla Sandman's "The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-Earth" I own none of the Fushigi Yuugi characters mentioned in this fic, and if you don't recognize a character then they're my own creation or possibly someone who got into my fic.

A/N: The character Rena is not based off of me. She is one year older than I am, and my affections lean more toward Nuriko. ^_^ Now I present. . .

Chapter 3: Miisu and Renkou, School Tour Guides?!


Once inside, it looked a bit more modernized, but still held true to ancient Chinese form. Rena found herself surrounded by hoards of teen girls and quite a few guys as well. The older ones stuck out from the rest, whether it was their calm demeanor, or their height. Rena spotted one blonde-haired boy that looked to be in his early twenties, and giggled.

She felt someone step in behind her and looked back to see a little girl, no more than ten with lavender hair in pigtails, smiling up at her. She was dressed in a blue nightie that came down to her feet and she held a stuffed rabbit under one arm and a suitcase in the other.

'It takes all kinds I guess.' Rena thought to herself.

This poor kid was going to get mashed among all these big people.

"Hi, My name's Erika." The little girl chirped. She held up the stuffed rabbit, "And this is Amiboshi. He sleeps with me until I can get the real one."

'So young' Rena groaned. "I'm Rena. Nice to meet you." She turned around before little Erika could say anymore.

Once Rena got a better look around, she saw that all ages made up the group. But the majority of them were teenagers, which was a bit of a relief to her.

"Why are we just standing here? Shouldn't we be doing something Nyan-Nyan?" Rena looked to where she had last seen Nyan-Nyan Fifteen, only to find the spot vacant. "Oh great! My Nyan-Nyan ditched me!"

"You won't need her. They're starting the tour in a minute." A girl in the line across from hers whispered.

Rena turned to look at the girl. She wore a white and purple pajama set with moons and stars all over it, and her dark brown hair streaked with violet was pulled back into a loose ponytail.

"Hi, I'm Lian. But everyone calls me Ryuuen."

"Let me guess. Nuriko fan?" Rena asked.

Lian nodded vigorously. "When the agents showed up at my place I almost pulled a gun on them. But once they said Fushigi Yuugi, it fell from my hands. . ." She moved her hand up behind her hand in embarrassed character fashion, "And shot a hole through my wall."

Rena laughed. Her Dad would've killed her if she had pulled her kung-fu bit on the agents. "No martial arts in the house!" She had heard that one a million times.

"I'm Rena, Tasuki fan." She stopped and thought of the irony of her introduction, "Hey. Tasuki, fan. Ha-ha, That's funny don't ya think?" She looked over at her newly acquired friend.

Lian was staring back at her blankly.

"You Nuriko people never get the good jokes." Rena grumbled.

"Hello! Attention please!"

Someone at the head of the line was attempting to quite down the mob.

"Hey! I said attention!"

It wasn't working.

Taking a deep breath, the young man with soft greyish blue hair blew hard on the whistle hanging around his neck. The shrill shriek of the whistle made everyone clamp their hands over their ears and the room fell silent, other than occasional moans and groans and mutters of the words, "I think I blew an eardrum."

"Now, everyone please pay attention. We have an assembly in a short while, so we can only do this once. My name is Renkou, and my sister Miisu and I will be your guides."

Miisu waved to the group wearing a cheerful smile.

"It's Viper-Bitch! You hurt Tamahome!"

The shouts came from a girl with dark red hair cropped to her chin, who was obviously a Tamahome fan.

"Now, this is no time for character bashing. Plenty of time for that later. Now will everyone with a last name Abbett through Malter please follow me, and everyone with a last name Mannings through Zerrif go with Miisu." Renkou directed.

"Great! I'm stuck with Viper-Bitch!" The Tamahome fan groaned again.

Rena followed her assigned group and watched Lian follow the other. Slightly disappointed she no longer had someone to talk to, she turned her attention toward Miisu.

"Ok, straight lines people! No talking! Please follow me!" Miisu directed the now silent group down the hallway.

They came to an intersection where three large staircases headed off in different directions. Miisu pointed to the staircase going to the right, "All of your classes will be up these stairs, except gym, that's on this floor. The nurse's room, office, library, and cafeteria are also on this floor. Breakfast will be served at 7, lunch at 12:30, and dinner at 6:45. Your dorms are up those stairs on the left." She pointed and everyone looked. "You'll be assigned four to a room, and no, you don't get to pick your roommates. There's a sticker on your suitcase with your room number assignment on it. Lights out at 10:30, no exceptions."

"Oh, Miss Miisu?" A dark-haired boy's hand went up.

"Yes?" Miisu replied in a gentle voice.

"What about that staircase?" He pointed to the third staircase, directly in front of them, a large number three painted in red on the wall beside it.

"That. . .is the staircase you must never use." Miisu said in a very serious tone.

"But, what if we forget?" The boy asked.

"You can't." Miisu answered, her cheerful voice having returned. "That staircase has a three beside it, the one for the dorms has a two, and the one for the classes has a one."

"What if we can't read?" The boy asked yet again.

"He's certainly full of questions." Rena muttered under her breath.

"Now if you couldn't read, how in the world could you write fanfiction?" Miisu asked.

The boy had no answer for that and ceased his questioning.

"Ok everyone, please go to your assigned rooms. No swapping stickers! We already know where you're supposed to be! Assembly in thirty minutes in the gym! Be there!" With a final wave Miisu stepped aside and allowed the mob of students to stampede past her and shove their way up the stairs.

"Ow! Hey! That's my hair! Stop pushing me! Ow!" Rena yelped as she was bounced around like a pinball among the crowd.

Once she got up the stairs the pushing stopped, and the students all went in their designated directions. Without tall people blocking her view, Rena now had a chance to get a good look at her surroundings.

Everyone she looked there were doors. She was surrounded. Rena shuddered, suddenly reminded of a fanfic she had once read were some kids were attacked by mutant doors. But that was only make-believe. Of course, yesterday she would've said the same thing about Fushigi Yuugi.

"Let's see." Rena peeled the sticker off the side of her beat-up brown suitcase and looked at her room number, "Room 29R." Her eyes looked to the right. "Okay, room 29, where are you?"

~~~~~

"Twenty-seven, twenty-eight, ah-ha! Twenty-nine!" Rena turned the knob without a second thought and pushed the door in.

The light was on, but the inside was heavily decorated with shadows. Rena could make out a figure standing by the wall. As she stepped into the room, a cold voice greeted her.

"Tasuki or Obake-chan?" the voice asked.

"Excuse me?" Rena answered.

"I said, Tasuki or Obake-chan?"

"Um. . .Tasuki?" Rena replied, hoping this was the answer this person wanted.

"Welcome to the room!" A silver-haired girl stepped out of the shadows, her voice now warm and friendly. "My name is Vicky Rawlings! Glad to meet another Tasuki fan! I was afraid I was going to end up sharing a room with one of those Obake-chan losers. But boy, have you saved my day."

"I'm Rena Welsh." Rena stated her short introduction, moving her things to one of the vacant beds. "Is anyone else in this room?"

"I haven't seen anyone." Vicky replied. "But I don't care as long as there are no Obake-chan freaks. Not a one of those demons are setting foot inside my dorm room!" Vicky declared triumphantly.

A loud thump was heard from the other room. The large collection of Fushigi Yuugi memorabilia, most of it being Tasuki-related, decorating the wall was shaking.

"Hey! Knock it off!" Vicky shouted towards the wall.

The thumping stopped.

"What was that?" Rena asked.

"Amiboshi-Suboshi girls. Honestly, how can they argue over two people who look exactly alike?" Vicky remarked. "If they knock any of my stuff off the wall, I'm gonna give them a taste of Mountain Bandit girl power. No one since Rei has held such a title."

"And Rei didn't hold it very well." Rena said.

"Yeah, she tried to steal my Gen-chan." Vicky whined, sitting down on her bed. "Stupid Rei, stupid Kouji, stupid Miaka-Baka, stupid Obake-chan, stupid Nuriko, stupid Chichiri, even stupid Chiriko. Ya see, everyone wants Tasuki because they know he's the strongest, toughest, best looking guy on the show. Stupid Yui, stupid Nakago, stupid Amiboshi, stupid. . ."

"Okay Vicky, I think you've covered everybody." Rena said.

"It just pisses me off, that's all." Vicky groaned, falling back on the bed. "Gen-chan is mine, er. . .I mean, ours. Gen-chan is ours and no one else can have him! No one!" Vicky sat up quickly, a mischievous gleam in her eye, "Hey, you want to go trash the room of some Obake-chan fans down the hall in room Eighteen?"

"How do you know they're in there?" Rena asked. She wasn't to fond of getting in trouble on her first day.

"This girl I was talking to in line told me. She was a Hotohori fan, but. . .Anyway she said four Obake-chan fangirls in room Eighteen. Drooling over the guy like preppie teenyboppers. What say we give them what for?" Vicky smirked a very good imitation of The Tasuki Grin.

"Yeah. Why not? I say live a little." Rena replied.

"That's the spirit. Never say die! Say Rekka Shinen!" Vicky shouted. "Come my fellow Gen-chan fan, we must hatch a plan to make trouble for those Obake-chan idiots. If it works we'll pull it on Obake-chan himself later."

"Yeah!" Rena thrust her fist into the air, getting into the feel of things.

The two girls huddled together and began whispering in hushed tones. Ready to spring their attack on unsuspecting Tamahome fangirls.

~~~~~~

Pikurin: I can't believe you wrote the first three chapters without me!

Washu: You're a Dragonball Z character. I saw no place for you.

Pikurin: And you call me your muse? I'm hurt.

Washu: Oh Piku-chan, get over it