Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Universe of the Four Gods ❯ "I don't want to hurt you..." ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Zoku stands before the Suzaku Seven as they kneel before her in pain, their faces clear masks of agony. A hard look flashes across her alabaster features, casting her face into a look of sheer hate.

“Now do you understand? Now do you understand the pain I went through?” Tears gather in her eyes, but she doesn’t let them fall. “You took everything from me! You took away the one thing I loved most!” she cries, voice quivering with suppressed rage. Eyes flashing, Zoku steps forward and kneels forward in front of Chichiri, drawing the magician’s chin up to stare into his eyes. Wincing against the pain of her touch, Chichiri grunts heavily as his chin lifts up as though he was a doll on a string.

“How do you like this, magician? Why don’t you fight back?” Zoku asks, voice as cold as crystal. She studies the magicians face. He returns her gaze with a level one, a sad look entering his eyes.

“I don’t want to hurt you,” he grunts, one eye closing against the pain.

Zoku’s eyes narrow. “Bull faced lies!” she hisses, hurling Chichiri down. With a cry, the magician’s face smacks against the ground with a harsh thud, grimacing at the pain. From off to the right of Zoku, Miaka struggles to her hands and knees, panting at the brief excursion.

“Zoku,” the priestess calls, voice rising in determination. Taking her gaze from the magician at her feet, Zoku tosses Miaka a hard look, features devoid of emotion. With an effort, Miaka raises her eyes from the ground and stares solemnly at Zoku. “Zoku, they’re tricking you. You’ve got to believe me! We’re your friends. We would never hurt you.” Zoku scowls, stalking towards Miaka.

Something in Tasuke writhes as he moves to protect Miaka. But wait…moving? He didn’t have a body! Slowly, he feels himself being drawn away from the scene, as Zoku hovers over Miaka.

“Oh, but you already have,” she hisses, raising a palm as if to strike Miaka. “You’ve hurt me worse than you can ever imagine!” A brutal strength gathers in her palm, and to Tasuke’s horror he realizes the attack is aimed at Miaka.