Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Universe of the Four gods ❯ Young Ladies of Legend ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own FY...or it would go like this ;p

AN: I haven't read all of the manga yet, but I basically have a good idea of what happens, Spoilers and all that, you know. This is basically an A/U 'What if fate had twisted differently' or ' What if someone had been looking out for the two girls?' fic, and very M/H..I try my best for exact wordings, in the non-A/U parts, and in-characterness all around.

This is NOT Plagariasm. Though I have content that Yu has, this is, after all, a fanfiction.

Because I didn't want it too AU I had to keep most of it the same at the start, but as the chapters progress it moves quite aways from Watase's story.

Sorry for the crappy grammar in this, its an old fic, and I dont feel up to adjusting it ATM

------------

The Universe of the four gods

Chapter One: Young ladies of legends

"Wow! I don't believe it!" The girl laughed happily, staring hungrily at the feast before her, "All my favorates!"

Happily, she lunged at the table, chopsticks readied, but when she touched the food, it faded away.

"Huh?...What the..." She gasped,

What Is going on?!

"Give up, Miaka Yuki, eating is a waste of energy for students studying for their highschool exams."A voice came from nowhere," You must only study!"

Quickly, she looked around, searching for the source of the voice, and to her horror, she saw innumerable teachers, wraithe-like forms, closing in on her.

" Now you must study!" They gloated, " Recite all the math formulas! List every single english word starting with 'a'!"

"Answer Yuki!"

"G---Give me back my FOOD!" She screeched, " You awful ghosts! Give me back my pizza, my noodles, my cake, my etc!"

As she went on a panicked frenzy, kicking and beating on the wraiths, she heard a familiar voice.

"MIAKA!"

Suddenly, the ghosts where gone, and she was standing in her classroom, desk hefted above her head, and her best friend, Yui, sitting beside her.

"That was the teacher!" Yui sighed.

Confused, Miaka looked down, and saw her teacher, lying unconscious on the floor.

"What?!" She laughed nerviously, " What do ya know, a dream!"

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

"Jeez, I got into trouble big time..." She complained, as she slouched in her booth at Matt-donalds.

"What'd you expect? We've got entrance exams this spring, and you're drifting off in class." Yui sighed, rolling her cobalt-blue eyes, as she sat beside her. Yui, of course, had finished her meal, she never ate much, she had a perfect figure, and beautiful blonde hair, even though she had cut it to avoid attracting attention from all the boys at school.

"That's right.... Aren't you trying to get into Yotsubadai highschool?" Miaka's friend, Morin, who had shoulder-legth black hair, said.

"UMPH! Ah hawent toh anyun wet, hut-" Miaka started, her mouth stuffed with both a Big-Mat, and several french-fries.

"Talk or eat! Make up your mind!" Morin sighed.

Quickly, Miaka scanned the restaurant, and pointed at a pair of school girls, wearing sophisticated-looking uniforms.

"The school that uses that uniform?" Fu, her plump, blonde-haired friend asked, following where she pointed.

Realization dawned on her friend's faces, and they leapt up in surprise.

"That's Jonan high school! The top school in the city!" Fu exclaimed, pointing at the older girls.

"You and your GPA should have a meeting of the minds." Morin said, spinning her finger in circles, pointing at her own head, " Why didn't you tell Yui? She's taking the exam for Jonan."

"Well, no wonder, I'm the genius, and she's the dunce." Yui sighed, leaning her chin on her wrist hautily, and rolling her eyes, " Obviously."

"are you Really my best friend?!" Miaka growled, but she knew her friend was only giving her a hard time, Yui had known all along that Miaka was going to Jonan highschool for her mother's sake, " Hey, Yui, I need to copy your notes from part of today's class that I slept through."

" Miaka, aren't you going to eat anymore?" Morin asked, surprised.

" Nope! Got cram school to attend! I'm not hungry anyway! You finish it off!" She said, running out of the restaurant, " See ya!"

" Not hungry...? Shall we asess the damage here?" Fu said, stunned.

" But, why is Miaka going for...she said wanted to attend Yotsubadai high school with us." Morin wondered.

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

"Chased by dozens of teachers in your dream? What's that mean?" Yui asked, slightly amused at her friend's wild imagination.

"Lately, I've been staying up late studying..." Miaka said, as she furiously scribbled down notes on her book.

"I know you're doing this for your mom, but you gotta take it easy." Yui said, a note of concern for her friend in her voice.

At her words, Miaka paused, staring off into space, remembering her mother's words.

When she said, " I can't wait to see you in that Jonan high school uniform" I couldn't tell her that I wanted to go to Yotsubadai... Her pencil slipped from her fingers, and clattered to the floor, There's no way I'll get into Jonan

She jumped slightly, as her pencil clattered to the floor, and she scrambled after it as it rolled along the tile.

When she grabbed it finally, a sign on a previously unnoticed door caught her eye, " Do Not Enter" above the door was a small sign that read ' Restricted private library' the door was open slightly, as if it were beckoning...

"Miaka, cram school will be starting soon!" Yui said from behind her.

"What's this room here?" Miaka asked, as she walked up to it, as if in a trance.

As the girls stepped inside the dark and dusty room, the floor boards started shaking violently.

Screaming, the girls clung to the doorway.

" S-some kind of earthquake?!" Yui whispered, looking around.

A book slid out of it's unstable perch, and onto the floor, drawing Miaka's attention.

" Look at all these books, they look pretty rare." Yui said, flipping through random books, " We could make a killing selling this stuff!"

Mezmerised, Miaka picked up the fallen books, anf flipped through the old, worn, pages, " Hey! Look at this, Yui!"

" Hm? The Universe of the four gods? What the heck?" Yui said, grabbing half of it, " It looks like a japanese translation of some chinese legend...lemme see..."

As the girls read the inscribed words, they seemed to ring in their minds.

Herein contains the tale of a young lady and her quest to gather the seven constellations of Suzaku together.

" What's a Suzaku?" Miaka asked, puzzeled.

" I dunno, some sort of peacock, I guess..." Yui replied, as she continued to read, entranced.

And if you, the esteemed reader, should read to the stories end, the spell continued within this book shall bestow upon you the powers of the herione, and grant you your wish.

" What's a Suzaku?" Miaka repeated.

" I dunno, this has got to be some kind of spell book."

For indeed, the moment the page is turned, the story will become a reality.

" What's a Suzaku--" Miaka started, when Yui cut her off, by knocking her off of her feet.

" I don't know already! You deaf?!" She yelled angrily

Composing herself, Miaka got up and brushed herself off, "So--so if you read it, your wish comes true? sign me up!"

" Yeah right, and I'm the pope in rome."

Suddenly, another earthquake, fiercer than the last, shook the entire building, knocking books over, onto the now-screaming girls.

As the two of them cringed, waiting for it to stop, Miaka peeked an eye open...it had apparently stopped.

" Yui...it looks like it's over." Miaka sighed, smiling.

" Good! I just hate earthquakes." her friend said.

Suddenly, the girls' surroundings dawned on them, they were no longer in the library, now they were in a barren wasteland, sparcely thickened with bare trees.

For a moment, they could only stare in slient shock.

"Where...are..we...??" Miaka whispered.

"Miaka..." Yui started, then elbowed Miaka on the head, hard, "....Does this hurt?"

" 'COURSE IT DOES!" Miaka screamed, delivering a left-hook to her friend's jaw.

"Oww! If this is a dream...it's a dream that hurts!" Yui complained, " But then...where are we?!"

"Okay! I can handle the library being gone, but there's no Haagen dazs, mister donuts, or Denny's here!" Miaka panicked.

"Is food all you ever think about?!" Yui spat.

Suddenly, an arm grabbed Yui from behind, and a strange man flipped her up onto his shoulder, causing her to scream in shock.

"Yui?!" Miaka cried.

"She's a jewel!" The man laughed to his cohort.

"We'll make a killing off her!" the other one, with a broad face, said.

"Who are these guys?" Miaka wondered, as they twirled around.

"Nice outfit! Are you guys dancers?"

"Why, you little twirp!" The one that had grabbed Yui snapped, "We're slavers!"

"Miaka! You could help." Yui growled, beating on the man's shoulder, to no avail.

"What?!" Miaka gasped,

Slavers?! But slavery is outlawed!

Without thinking, she ran up, and body slammed the strange man, knocking the wind out of him, and sending Yui flying to the ground.

"Go Yui! run!" Miaka yelled, grabbing the other slaver.

"Miaka!" Yui cried, as she hit the ground.

"Hurry!"

"Let go of me! You little brat!" The man grabbed, giving her a harsh slap.

"Run! Yui!" Miaka begged, bracing herself to be hit harder, but the blow never came.

In shock, Miaka looked up to see a young, dark-haired man, standing behind the slaver, and clutching the man's upraised arm.

"Stop it!" He ordered cooly, he was like a fairytale prince!

"Shaddup and get-" The slaver started, but cut off in a cry of agony, as the strange man broke his captured arm with a twist of his wrist.

"My arm! You broke my arm!" the man cried, scrambling backwards.

"Let's get outta here!" the other one said, stumbling up, and helping his companion escape.

The two girls stared up at their newfound hero silently for a moment, before he turned around and looked at them.

Some sort of strange chinese writing was glowing on his forehead,

What's with this guy...he's got something written on his forehead..

"Are you all right? You're bleeding..." he asked, pointing at Miaka's cut lip.

"Th-thank you so much!" Yui stuttered, as she handed Miaka a napkin.

"Skip the thanks...I'll take money!" He said suddenly, holding his hands out expectantly.

So shocked by his sudden change, the girls were unable to speak for a moment, only standing with their mouths hanging open silently.

"We don't have a cent." Yui said, looking towards Miaka.

"We used it up at the burger joint." Miaka shrugged, unsure of what to do.

"What? You're broke?!" The man complained, shocked, then leaned forward, waggling his finger, and 'tsking', " Don't you ladies know that money makes the world go 'round?! I'm not giving out any free rides!"

"Nobody asked you to save us!" Miaka yelled frustrated, at the boy's retreating form.

"Poor folks bug me! Later!" He called back, waving.

"W-wait! Where are we?!" She cried, but the boy was already out of sight.

"Hmph, some hero." Yui complained, looking around the wasteland.

"N-now what do we do, Yui?! Where do we go?"

"Well....the slaver guys were pointed this way..." Yui said, pointing towards the east, " but that boy ran south, and the men are probably headed to a slaving village."

"There could be food where the boy went!" Miaka finished exictedly.

"Well..." Yui sighed, shaking her head, " I---Miaka! WAIT!!!!!"

An hour later:

"i'm sooo tired...I think I'm going to pass out right here!" Miaka complained, trudging slowly along the path.

"We've only been walking an hour!" Yui hissed, sick of her non-stop whining.

"L-look!" Miaka said, pointing her finger into the distance, " Matt-donalds!!"

"Huh?" Yui mumbled, following where she was pointing, there were some sort of structures in the distance....a city!!

"Hurry Miaka! Before sunset!" Yui pleaded, pulling her friend.

"So...exhausted...must....rest..."

"Th-the sooner we get there, the sooner we eat!"

Suddenly, Miaka's eyes lit up, and she raced past her blonde friend, calling behind her, " Hurry! What's the hold up, Yui?!?"

Sighing, Yui followed after.

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

As they walked up to the large archway entrance to the city, Miaka collapsed onto Yui's shoulder, " Can't....breathe.." she panted.

"Quit hyperventalating! We're there!" Yui growled, shaking her off.

"We are?! Awright!" Miaka laughed, brightening.

"Wow...you sure got better all of a sudden." Yui mumbled sarcastically.

"Halt! Who are you?!" The gate-guard asked roughly.

"W-we are just travellers...please, do you know where one might find a suitable inn?" Yui asked

"Hmph, by the look of ya, I'd say the Beggar's Inn...the guard replied, " Down that road there."

"Thank you..." she replied, bowing slightly, and leading Miaka in the direction the soldier had indicated.

"Wow, you sound so...experienced!" Miaka said, laughing.

"It just feels like one of my fantasy novels, so I think we should play along, until we can get back." Yui said calmly.

"We will get back, won't we?"

"Of course!"

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

" Yuki?! Yuki?!" The man growled.

" Sh-she's not here..." someone said.

" Unbelievable! She'll never make it like this!" The man fumed, making a large 'X' on his chart, " I better not see any of this from the rest of you!"

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

As the girls walked into the dilapitated building, their noses wrinkled at the awful smells that met them.

"Welcome to beggar's inn, m'ladies..." The innkeep smiled from across a greasy counter, " A room will be one mon."

"W-we don't have any..."

"You don't eh? Well then...I think we can help each other out."

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

"No! NO NO NO!" Miaka cried stubbornly, eyeing the stack of dishes that was ever growing on the tables

"Well...it you don't want that...I need some more waitresses...."

"Alright!" She sighed, " I'll wash 'em."

"Okay, your room is third on right...upstairs."

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

"Ohhh...my poor, poor hands..." Miaka whined, nursing her overly dry hands.

"Hand-friendly soap it ain't." Yui agreed, pushing the dresser in front of the door.

"You sure that will keep 'em out??" Miaka asked worriedly, remembering the leering eyes of the other customers.

"Well...unless they're supermen...yeah."

"Wow..." Miaka sighed, " I wonder what mom and Keisuke are doing now...I bet they're worried sick..."

"Don't worry Miaka...We'll find a way back, I promise..." Yui said reasurringly, sitting across from her on the bed.

"Who do you think that boy was..."Miaka whispered.

"I...don't know..." Yui replied, staring into space, " but....I have to see him again..."

"Why? Do you think he can help us?"

" I....don't know, Miaka....let's...just get some rest."

End ch 1

-----------

AN: Here we go, this is the fastest I've thought up a fic for something I newly began to read/watch/play...

Well...What do you think? R&R please!

~Yusagi Sombermoon