Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Unreliable Promise ❯ ~Doubt~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: Sorry if this took a while to get out. My wrist just suddently started hurting (Don't know what's wrong yet), so I can only type with my left hand. And on top of that I'm right-handed. *sighs* But, hey! At least it came out, right? Anyway, this is just a little one-shot on Tasuki/Nuriko. They're already together at the beginning of the fic. It's set before Nuriko dies, while their searching for the Shinzaho. It's before everyone splits up. Anyway, please enjoy!)
(Disclaimer: Fushigi Yuugi doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Watase-sama. I'm not getting any money off of this, I'm writing this for entertainment purposes only. Please don't steal, this is for the TasNuri2 homepage and Fanfiction.net. If you want to use this fic, please ask me first.)
(Warnings: Shonen Ai, mild yaoi.)
Unreliable Promise


by: AniDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nuriko snuggled up closer to Tasuki, hoping to get a little bit more sleep before he had to go back to his own room. He and Tasuki had been together for quite some time now, but they hadn't told anyone. He didn't really know why he didn't want the others to know. It wasn't that he was ashamed of his relationship. Quite the opposite, actually. He was so happy now, and wanted to share that happiness with everyone around him. But Tasuki wanted to keep it a secret, for one reason or another.
As the first rays of sun poked throught a nearby window, warming his back, Nuriko got out of the bed and stretched. He heard Tasuki grumbling about having to wake up too early and laughed, which just got more grumbling out of Tasuki.
"Why are you always so cheerful in the morning?" He asked, finally sitting up.
Nuriko laughed again and tussled up Tasuki's hair, "'Cause your so cute when your grumpy."
"Maybe, but your slightly TOO cute."
"Aww! You're so sweet!" Nuriko chirped.
"Hn," He grunted, finally getting up and running a hand through his unruly hair to try and get rid of some of the tangles, with no luck. Nuriko laughed and handed him a brush.
"Problems, dear?"
"Oh, shuddup," Tasuki retorted. He took the brush and began his daily struggle of untangling his hair, making his lover wince.
"Doesn't that hurt?" Nuriko asked after seeing Tasuki yank on his hair in a very painful looking way.
"Not really," Tasuki lied.
"Here, let me do it," The purple haired seishi offered, taking the brush.
"I don't need your help to comb my hair!"
Nuriko grinned, "Maybe not, but admit it, you don't mind."
"Hn," He replied once again.
Nuriko giggled and began to gently run the brush through Tasuki's hair, being careful once he got to the tangles. After a few minutes, Tasuki had perfectly untangled hair, and he hadn't even winced once.
He gaped in shock as he felt through his hair once Nuriko was done, "Damn, how'd you do that?! It didn't hurt one bit!"
Nuriko grinned and waved his long braid in his fellow seishi's face, "Experience."
"Oh," Tasuki muttered, "Right."
The former yawned and stretched, not wanting to get up, but his mind finally convinced his body to move, and he stood up, "Anyway, you should get back to your room before someone notices that you're gone."
At first, Tasuki wasn't even sure if Nuriko had heard, since he hadn't responded. He turned to see the feminine boy looking at the ground, smile no longer playing on his lips.
Tasuki sat down next to him and put his arm around his shoulder, "Hey, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," Nuriko muttered.
"Nothing my ass! Come on, you were just laughing two seconds ago."
"Well.... Would it be such a big disaster if the others found out about us?"
Tasuki was startled by the question. He definitely hadn't been expecting it, "No, of course not."
"Then why don't we tell them?"
"I.... I don't know, to be honest. I guess I'm just a bit worried about how they'd react."
"I don't think they'd react badly. In fact, I think they'd be happy for us. Sure, they'd tease us about it, especially Tamahome, but hey, that can't be helped."
Tasuki thought about that for a little while. Nuriko was right, of course. He usually was.
And so he smiled, "Okay then. We'll tell them today."
"Are you sure? You're not just saying that to make me feel better, are you?"
"Of course not! I'm saying that 'cause ya're right. We've been together long enough for me t' know that we'll work out, and so the others really should know. 'Cause at this point I know that I'll never leave ya. Wo ai ni."
Nuriko blushed at this, "Do... Do you really mean that? That you love me?"
"Of course," Tasuki assured him, giving him a small kiss on the cheek, "I would never say it if I didn't mean it."
"But... What about that you'll never leave me? How can you be sure of that?"
"I jus' told ya. 'Cause I love ya. And only an idiot like Tamahome would leave someone he loves."
Nuriko laughed a bit at that, but then regained his serious, "I know that you'll never intentionally leave me, but what if something happens that would force you to?"
"Like what?"
"I don't know. What if you died? You'd be leaving me then, wouldn't you?"
"Jeez, well whadaya want me t' say?"
Nuriko smiled, "Just saying that you loved me was enough. I don't really need more assurance."
"Well I know I don't have to. I just kind of feel as if I should."
"But there's nothing more that needs to be said."
"Hm... Well how's this. No matter what happens to me, I won't be able to leave you. Even if I die, or get drugged by Kodoku, I still wouldn't have left you. Because my heart will still be with you. And it'll never, ever leave. No matter what happens to my body or my mind. Because it's my heart that loves you."
Nuriko raised an eyebrow, "You mean your mind doesn't love me?"
Tasuki laughed, "My mind thinks my heart's crazy. But just like everyone's opinion on us, that can't be helped."
Nuriko smiled and fell into Tasuki's warm embrace, "I'm having a hard time believing that it was really you talking there. It was pretty mushy."
"I know," He muttered, kissing the top of Nuriko's head, "But you seem to have that crazy affect on me."
They both laughed at that, and Nuriko slapped Tasuki in the shoulder playfully. The former cupped his lover's face and gently pressed his lips against Nuriko's softer ones.
"I love you too, Tasuki-kun," Nuriko whispered against his lips.
"It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Your beautiful lips have already told mine many times over."
The couple kissed again, but then heard a startled gasp coming from the doorway, making them freeze. They both turned towards the door to see Chiriko looking at them with shock written all over his face.
"I... I'm sorry, " He stuttered, "I didn't mean to interrupt... I... Miaka was wondering what was taking you guys so long to get to breakfast, and asked me to come wake you up. I'm really sorry. I--"
"Don't worry about it," Nuriko assured the kid, more then slightly embarrassed. His position wasn't giving off a very good impression. He had somehow ended up sitting on Tasuki's lap, giving off ideas that they might have been doing more then just making out. The fact that neither of them were wearing shirts didn't help matters much.
"Hey, um, Chiri-chan?" Tasuki asked, "Do you mind going to tell the others we'll be a few more minutes?"
Chiriko nodded hastily and left the room as fast as he could, leaving two very embarrassed seishi behind.
"Well," Tasuki said after a while, "I guess we have no choice but to tell them now, ne?"
"Guess so," Nuriko agreed with a smile.

~The End~

(A/N: Hm... When I first wrote this, I almost erased it right away, but now that I've re-read it, I actually kinda like it. Um, anyway, I hope you guys like it. Sorry if it's a bit short. I might write a sequel. Maybe even two. *shrugs* Who knows. Anyway, feedback is always welcome! ^_^ Ja!)

~AniDragon~