Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Why Taka ❯ Captured ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks to my wonderful editor, youkai_tsuki. She is a wonderful person and I thank her from the bottom of my heart. Thanks!
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, finals and...grr, everything...*cough* not that laziness had anything to do with it *cough*

Thanks to AmyFushigiYugi for influencing me to make this FF. I appreciate it and I thank you for everything you have done. This chapter is dedicated to you.

~ means unspoken words.


Ahead of time: I'm sorry if I make Chichiri OOC.

Chapter 8-Captured

Yui knocked quietly on Miaka's bedroom door. When there was no response she walked in slowly.
Miaka was on the bed facing away from Yui lying down. She was awake but crying. Yui came and sat down next to her and looked at her. She lowered her face to see her best friend's. Miaka's eyes were closed but tears were running down her face. Yui stroked Miaka's hair and Miaka opened her eyes and sat up.

"Oh Yui, I am so confused. I want to stay with everyone but I want to stay here as well. I chose staying there because I wanted to and because I didn't want Tasuki and the others sad and having them feel that I don't love them with all my heart. I know the whole thing with Taka is the reason why I was asked to go back, but maybe he's is just mad and I know I am talking crazy but maybe, just maybe, he might change."

Yui didn't know what to say so she was just listening to Miaka and she was being there for her.
"Miaka, I know what would cheer you up. I sent Tetsuya and Chichiri to go change his clothes over at his place, so how would you like all three of us going out tonight and just having plain good ol' fun in this world? You can call your mom and Keiskae tomorrow and let them know, tonight is kind of like a...homecoming and a goodbye party."

Miaka looked up at her best friend and smiled. "Sure Yui! Chichiri will love going out in this world. Tasuki is going to be so jealous when he hears about this!" Miaka stopped and pictured Tasuki getting mad at Chichiri and hitting Chibi Chichiri on the head with his fan for having fun without him. This made Miaka burst into a fit of giggles. She stopped laughing abruptly and looked at Yui.

"Yui, how are Chichiri and Tetsuya getting to his house?"

''Driving, why?"

"Oh no. Poor Tetsuya, remember when Tamahome first came to the world, how me and Keiskae told you he acted on the train?" Yui nodded still not getting it, "Well, Tamahome only had fighting power and Chichiri is a monk with powers. Powers in a car. A car is something Chichiri has never been in before. He is gonna panic and you know how Tetsuya drives. Poor Chichiri is going to blow up the car!"

Miaka and Yui both rolled on the floor with laugher picturing a scared Chichiri screaming and Tetsuya yelling cuss words.

************************

About an hour and a half later, Yui heard Tetsuya yelling at Chichiri down the hall. She poked Miaka and pointed to the door. Tetsuya was the first one in and a few seconds later Chichiri walked in the apartment wearing modern clothes and with a terrified expression on his face. Tetsuya sat down and pointed to Chichiri and started rambling cuss words.

"YOU - HE- I AM NEVER- YOU-"


Miaka and Yui started bursting out. They can only imagine how poor Chichiri acted.

"THIS MAN GRABBED SO HARD ON THE SEATS, FREAKED OUT WHEN I TURNED THE CAR ON, BANGED THAT STAFF STICK THINGY AGAINST THE STEERING WHEEL WHEN I TOOK OFF, SCREAMED WHEN I SLAMED ON MY BREAKS AND USED HIS STAFF TO STOP THE CAR ON THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY ALMOST CAUSING A WRECK!!! NEXT TIME WE GO ANYWHERE, TAKE HIS LITTLE STAFF THING AWAY!"

Miaka and Yui roared with laughter. Miaka was laughing so hard she feel off of the couch. She looked up at Chichiri who was standing there with the shocked look still on his face grabbing the counter as if he was falling. Miaka stood up, still laughing, made her way to Chichiri and put her arms around him.

"That big horseless carriage went so fast. It made too much noise, more than anyone I have fought before."

"It's called a Car, Chichiri," said Miaka still laughing and holding on to Chichiri.

"Then there were more things and one had the colors of Suzaku and Seiryuu on the top and making a horrible noise!"

Miaka looked at Tetsuya with a confused look.

"We passed a car accident and there was a lot of Police there with the sirens on and that tripped him out."

Miaka smiled, holding on to him. She looked at him and giggled, his hair was all messed up and she could tell he was swinging his head around screaming.

"I swear! I thought Tamahome was bad!" he said.


************************

"Chichiri, how would you like to see our world? Wanna' have some fun?" Yui asked Chichiri nodded.


"I'm not getting into a car with him" said Tetsuya.

"That's all right, we can walk." Miaka said while Yui smacked Tetsuya on the back of his head for making fun of Chichiri.

"OKAY! TONIGHT WE ARE HAVING FUN!" screamed Miaka making Chichiri jump out of his chair and caused Yui and Tetsuya to give Miaka weird looks. Miaka shrugged and went to her room to change grabbing Yui along with her.

"What should we do tonight? I don't really want to go somewhere with beer, a bar is no place for a celestial being, even Chichiri."

"Don't he go drinking with Tasuki all of the time? So he knows what to expect in a bar, right?"

"Yeah, but its two different places, two different time eras. People think differently." Miaka closed her eyes and smiled, "Not much different, but he will notice it. PLUS, what bar will let two 16 year olds in?"

"So what do you want to do?" asked Yui not wanting Miaka to talk more about the other world she didn't like very much. Its not that she didn't like the other world, it just scared her. She was letting the lie Nakago made up still affect her. Miaka picked a shirt and a red skirt. She sat them on the bed and thought of a place Chichiri could go.

"There's that Annual Garden Festival which is going in two days so now is our last chance."


************************************

"Come on Miaka! Don't be a Hotohori and stare in the mirror." yelled Yui as they were walking out of the apartment realizing Miaka wasn't behind them. Miaka laughed and they could tell she was in the bedroom. She walked out and Chichiri and Tetsuya floored it. Tetsuya had to recover fast because he knew Yui was standing there and he didn't want to get hit so late at night. Chichiri, having no reason to stop besides knowing she loved Taka and being a monk got in his way, kept staring until Miaka looked at him and asked how she looked. Chichiri not having any words to say winked and put up two fingers. Chichiri reminded Miaka of Tama, Mitsukake's kitten, which she hadn't seen since she left Konan.

Miaka walked out last. Chichiri was in front of her and stopped to let Miaka pass. Miaka stopped to see what he was doing and when Chichiri smiled she shrugged and walked off. The group passed Tetsuya's car and Chichiri let out a very high pitched yelp and grabbed his staff.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING THAT?!" screamed Tetsuya grabbing the monks weapon and opening his car door to shove it in muttering something about not having a good day.

The group walked by Yui's and Miaka's high school. Both Tetsuya and Yui grabbed Miaka and shoved her head down as a bunch of people came out of the building.

"What ARE you doing! Its Sunday!"

"Yes I know, but all of the teachers came out and we used the excuse that you were on vacation with a friend of yours and that you wouldn't be back for awhile."

Miaka looked at Yui. "Try never again."


*********************

As the four friends got nearer and nearer to the festival, they heard the music get louder and louder. Chichiri for some reason turned into Chibi form and bounced. Miaka freaked out and picked him up explaining to him that showing your powers like that is a good way of being hated and the magic isn't really liked this day and age. Chichiri nodded and turned back to normal size while still in Miaka's arms and both went down on the floor getting looks from people.

Yui and Tetsuya didn't want to be seen with them while everyone was near so both of them went to go get some food, hoping the lines WERE long so that they can avoid going back so soon. Miaka took advantage of Chichiri being there, she really needed some one to talk to and she felt Chichiri was the best person around.

"You were right you know, about me, Yui, and Tamahome." she looked at the grass picking little blades and tossing them aside.

"Priestess..?" said Chichiri, not sure understanding what she meant.

"Remember the day I came to talk to you when you were fishing on the rock a while back?" she continued when she saw him nod from the corner of her eye. "You said that eventually you will lose the other, as in you would either loose a friend or love. I asked you if there was any way I can have them both and you said no, that it was impossible to keep both and eventually I would one or the other. At first I thought I was going to lose Yui and keep Tamahome - the way the things were going kind of gave it away."

She looked up and saw many people standing. She and Chichiri were the only ones sitting so Miaka felt uncomfortable and put her head back down, still playing with the grass. "Turns out I didn't lose Yui, I lost my love, Tamahome and Taka. I couldn't stop it. But you were also right about how much Yui loved me, and her hard time trying to hate me because of Nakago. I didn't understand much of what you meant then, but now that I think about it, I realize I understood all of it from the beginning. I just didn't know or want to know that you were right."

"It was unfortunate that you had to experience that, ya know." he said looking at Miaka who still had her head down.

"Is it wrong for me to not love Taka as much as I love Tamahome?"


"No, Priestess. They were different people; they may have been reincarnations of each other but both of

them were completely different."

Miaka understood what he was trying to say and she asked herself a tough question.

~ Who do I really love, Taka, or Tamahome? ~

Miaka thought and there was a flash of a face in her thoughts. It was neither Taka nor Tamahome, but Tasuki. Miaka had a surge of questions but didn't know what or how to ask Chichiri for help.

"Is it wrong for me to love neither of them, but someone else, someone that has always been there for me but I never realized my feelings for him?"

Chichiri was taken aback by the question but understood how she felt. He looked at her and was shocked that she was looking him in the eyes. He saw her arms and they were covered in goose bumps and she was shaking. Chichiri laughed quietly and took of the jacket Tetsuya lended him and gave it to Miaka. Miaka blushed and took it.

"I guess I should have worn different clothes."

Miaka looked at Chichiri as he yawned and leaned back. Miaka thought that maybe Yui was right. Yui and Miaka should have stayed home while Tetsuya showed Chichiri around.

"I'm sorry Chichiri." Miaka said looking him. Chichiri had a confused look on his face and he turned to her. "I'm sorry I brought you here."

He looked at her and looked around at his surroundings; it was a little crowded for his liking and he didn't like that fact that all of the tress were ripped out in order to put buildings, but he was content with it.

"What do you mean? I like it here. The music in this area is fun."

Miaka looked at Chichiri, laughing to herself silently. "No I mean I'm sorry I brought you to this world instead of Nuriko or Mitsukake. I'm sorry I had to drag you alone with me. I think about it and I realize I didn't even talk to you about and I just assumed that you wanted to go so I-"

"Miaka, I did want to go. I was happy when you asked me. I am, after all, the only one who knows that you're staying with us."

At that moment Yui and Tetsuya came back with food in their hands and Yui must have over heard them because she looked as if she was going to cry. She quickly looked to the food and changed the subject. The whole time, she didn't realize she was hungry.

"YAY! FOOD! IM SO HUNGRY!" Miaka squeaked and ran over to Yui who still looked sad.


************************

After eating and watching the show for about two hours more, they all got tired and headed back home. As they were walking back Tetsuya glanced over at Yui who was staring at Miaka, who had fallen asleep and Chichiri was holding her. Tetsuya followed Yui's worried look and saw that Miaka's face was deep red. Chichiri had noticed it before but thought nothing of it. As time passed, he noticed her body get hot where their skin was making contact. Seeing the worried looks, he started to wonder to.

"You think that she got sick from the cold?" asked Tetsuya, feeling her forehead. "Damn, she's running a bad fever."

"I don't know."

Chichiri felt something coming up fast and he stopped dead in his tracks. He had sensed something and it was making him feel really worried. Yui and Tetsuya stopped and stared at him.

"What is it? What's wrong?" asked Yui.

"Something powerful is coming, ya know." he said staring intently ahead. "I feel as if I know this life force but it won't come to me..." Realization hit him. "I SENSE IT...ITS TAMAHOME!"

The moment he said the name a blue light surrounded all four of them. Chichiri was feeling Miaka get lighter and he realized that she was being drawn into the light. Desperate to save her Chichiri started chanting a spell and watched as his power bounced back and flew over him. Something was reflecting whatever was grabbing Miaka. Chichiri saw Tamahome's face and suddenly he grew tired. As he was falling he heard two other thuds of body's hitting ground. Miaka's scream was the last thing he heard before he fell unconscious.