Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Wonderland ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Winter Wonderland

Author: Sarit (su.ami@verizon.net)

Rating: R - NC17

Warnings: AU, twincest, angst, sap, fluff and lots of Christmas feelings!!

Spoilers: Up to episode 39-42?

Note: This is my Christmas present to my best friend, Ai-chan! Hope you like girl!

Snow fell, masking the beautiful scenery around him as Suboshi trudged through the thick forest. He didn't seem to see the heavy snow falling around him. Pain was all he knew at the moment. He had just come from doing the one thing he'd always sworn to himself he'd never do.

He abandoned his brother.

Granted, it had been to a loving family that would treat him as their own flesh and blood, but he still had done the unthinkable; betrayed his beloved twin. Blinded by tears, he trudged through the forest, stumbling as he came to the end of it.

His eyes widened, seeing the huge stretch of desert before him. Huge sand dunes marked the landscape, the sand shifting like an ocean as the wind sailed over its surface. He didn't remember coming to a desert…rocks, yes. But there wasn't a rock in sight, only sand.

Looking back, he bit his lip. He could go back the way he came, but that presented a whole slew of problems. For one, he didn't feel worthy enough to see his twin again. For another, he doubted he could even remember his way back. Turning back to the desert, he trudged forward.


The sun beat down on Suboshi as he wiped his sweaty brow. He'd taken off his sash and wrapped it around his head. He'd been traveling for what seemed like days. Every muscle ached, his entire body one big sunburn. He'd been without water for hours, with no relief in sight. His twin had told him once that if he found a cactus in the desert, to open it and he'd find water inside. But he'd seen nothing, not an animal or plant. Just endless dunes of sand.

Falling to his knees in exhaustion, Suboshi blinked staring ahead of him. There was a large brown horse with a rider. He knew what this was: a mirage. A figment of his imagination. Something of which he longed to see.

For the rider was none other than his beloved twin. But that was impossible. He'd left his brother in the care of that nice Sairou family! No matter how much he longed to see his brother again, it was not meant to be.

He stared at the apparition a moment longer, his hand reaching out. "Aniki…" he whispered before falling forward, overcome with heat exhaustion.


Suboshi was partly right in that he man approaching was not the person he knew as his aniki, Amiboshi. The person Amiboshi no longer existed. In his place was a young lad by the name of Kaika. Amiboshi no longer existed because Kaika could not remember him. When Suboshi had given his brother the forgetfulness broth, he'd transferred the entire bottle into his brother's mouth. An entire bottle, which had been meant for two not one.

Thus, Amiboshi, or rather Kaika's, memory loss was complete. He knew nothing of whom he was, where he'd come from. No childhood memories, nothing. Once he'd awakened, his parents had to fill him in on his childhood, which turned out to be a false one in which they dreamed up for him. Kaika was a ghost...a fabrication of one couple's dream child.

But Kaika knew none of this as he traveled the dunes of the desert. He'd awakened fresh and filled with exuberance. His parents had protested, but he insisted on taking the family steed out for a ride in the desert. There he could reflect on who he was, or who he wanted to become.

Traveling through the sand dunes at a peaceful pace, Kaika raised his hand and looked at the sky. There was a storm approaching. In the forest it would transfer into snow, but out here it would make a hell of a sandstorm. Looking around, he blinked as he spotted a figure in the distance. It seemed to be a man, alone. But that was…insane! No one in their right mind would be out in this willingly, without supplies!

Kaika almost gagged as the storm picked up, sand flying every which way. He could see a sand funnel approaching and pushed his horse into a gallop. If they didn't get out now they'd be stranded during this storm!

As he approached, Kaika realized that whoever this person was, they were severely injured. 'Must have been traveling for quite a few hours without supplies…baka!! Good way to get yourself killed!' Dismounting as he came to the fallen figure, he knelt next to him, turning him over.

He gasped, seeing the unconscious form in his arms. He looked…just like this guy! His hand unconsciously reached out to brush the locks of blond hair from Suboshi's face. Shaking his head, he lifted the injured young man into his arms. Whistling, his horse knelt, allowing him to mount with the heavy burden in his arms. Once on his feet, Kaika's faithful steed galloped towards the forest Suboshi had only recently left.

Some long and nerve wracking moments later, they passed through the very forest that Suboshi had only come from hours earlier. Kaika breathed a sigh of relief, just as the sandstorm hit. It was vicious, the sound almost a roar as the wind and sand passed by. He was thankful they'd managed to get within the confines of the trees in time.

Despite missing the sandstorm, the wind seemed to kick up the clouds, sending a new barrage of snow onto the forest. Kaika shivered, knowing he'd never make it back to his home village. He looked around, remembering stories of a…ah there it was!

Just ahead of them was a small cottage, one room. It used to be an old woodcutter's home, but he'd left long ago. Coming to the entrance of the cottage, he dismounted, still carrying the injured young man. Pushing the door open with his foot, he strode inside and placed Suboshi on the only bed in the cottage. He turned, heading back to put his horse in the stable.


Opening his eyes, Suboshi groaned as he looked around. He seemed to be in some kind of…cottage. He raised his hand to rub his eyes and groaned in pain. Forcing himself to sit up, he looked around more closely. It was indeed a cottage as he looked around more carefully. It was a one-room building, with a large fireplace. A set of large windows told him it was snowing outside and badly. He wouldn't be going anywhere for a while it would seem.

Not that he felt up to it as it was. He shivered, wrapping the blanket firmly around him. He was so cold…and hot at the same time. Placing his hand to his forehead he grimaced. Fever. Shivering, he looked up as the door opened.

A figure shrouded in a cloak entered, closing the heavy door behind them. The figure shivered, pulling off the cloak and hanging it on the wall peg near the door. It was a man, about Suboshi's height. He was dressed in blue, with smattering of violet. His blond hair was coated with snow, his back turned to Suboshi.

Running his fingers over his hair to dislodge the snow, he turned. His blue eyes brightened at seeing Suboshi awake. "Wai! You're awake! I had feared you were hurt badly."

"I…I'm fine…" Suboshi whispered, his eyes wide. 'Aniki…oh aniki…' He felt tears come to his eyes and he had to lower his head quickly to hide them. 'No…I can't. I'd wanted him safe…away from me…'

"Really now?" Kaika walked slowly over to the bed, watching the young man. The resemblance was uncanny. He didn't think anything of it, however, as he came to sit on the edge of the bed. He reached out with a tender hand and touched Suboshi's forehead.

Suboshi flinched and Kaika frowned. "Did I hurt you?"

"I…iieee…" 'Only mentally, aniki…oh Seiryuu why did you do this to me?!'

"Ah good." Kaika blinked, scooting closer as he gazed at Suboshi. He stared into this boy's eyes, seeing the unbearable sadness there. 'He must be separated from his loved ones.' He didn't know what made him think that but he felt it was true. His hand reached out, brushing the locks of blond hair so like his own.

Suboshi stifled a sob at the touch. "Aniki…" he whispered, almost breathlessly. Kaika seemed to get closer, a whispered 'otouto' coming from his lips. Suboshi's breath caught in his throat, gazing into the sapphire eyes so like his own. His eyes closed unconsciously as the sweet lips that used to sing him to sleep slowly touched his own lips in a soft kiss.

Time seemed to halt at that moment. Nothing existed outside of the little cottage but the two of them. Life seemed to be so surreal to him as Suboshi watched his brother, his beloved brother, pull back from the kiss. He swallowed, almost afraid that his brother would leave him again, even if Amiboshi didn't realize whom he was. But then, in all likelihood, that would be exactly what he would do. Leave. As "Kaika" he had no ties to Suboshi, none except…attraction? Was that all Kaika felt for him?

Suboshi didn't have a chance to think anymore on it as Kaika pressed his lips to Suboshi's once more, in a sweet, soft kiss. The younger twin trembled, his fingers digging into the sheets on either side of him as he tried to muffle a moan of pleasure.

Kaika couldn't seem to stop what he was doing, despite having just met this boy. It was as if he had a connection to this young man, unseen yet calling out to him. He couldn't deny the fact that this boy was very attractive and he was extremely attracted. He'd never thought himself to be the type of person to go for his own sex, but there was something…something about this blond young man that screamed to be kissed…to be made love to…

Leaning forward, Kaika's lips nibbled softly on Suboshi's, his arm coming to wrap around the younger boy. Both moaned softly as they pressed closer together. Suboshi found himself lying on his back on the small bed, soft moans coming from him as his twin kissed him senseless. He hadn't realized just how much he'd missed his twin's touch.

Neither, it would seem, did Kaika. Though the young man had no clue that he was missing anything. All he knew was there was this beautiful young man before him, one that was filled with sadness and loss. He wanted to take that sadness and loss away, at least for a short time. But there was more there then just pity. He could feel it in his very soul. He had a connection to this young man, one in which he wished to relive again.

Kaika rested his hand on Suboshi's cheek, caressing the soft skin before deepening the kiss. Suboshi moaned, his arms unconsciously coming up to wrap around Kaika's neck, pulling him down onto him. Their lips tangled, battling for dominance as the two relearned one another. It was so new to him, this brother of his. Suboshi found himself relearning everything about his twin, as if for the first time.

Closing his eyes, Suboshi arched his neck backwards in a gasp. He could feel his brother's lips traveling down his neck, teasing his Adam's apple. He swallowed, groaning in pleasure at the touch. It had been so long and he'd wished for his twin so many times. His twin surely had a heart of gold. He was willing to do this…with someone he viewed as a stranger simply because that stranger was saddened. This was truly the season for miracles, as his okaasan had once said of the winter solstice.

Giving in, no longer willing to be alone, Suboshi closed his eyes and allowed his brother to do whatever he wished. He'd always longed for this, ever since his brother had 'died.' He'd missed Amiboshi's soft touch, his reassuring words, and his love. Now he had it, if only for a short while.

Kaika couldn't explain the need he felt inside him, but he needed, longed to give the young man beneath him his love. His fingers did quick work of the orange tunic, revealing soft, pale skin. Tongue darting out, Kaika licked down the expanse of chest, smiling at the moan he received. His fingers rubbed over one nipple as his mouth proceeded to suckle on its twin.

Suboshi cried out, his head falling back in utter bliss. He moaned softly, his fingers digging into the sheets in pleasure. Kaika purred, laving at the left nipple as his fingers played with the other. He loved hearing the young man's cries of passion. They were…unexpectedly arousing. Shifting, he straddled Suboshi's hips, his tongue laving at the young man beneath him with renewed vigor.

Moaning incoherently, Suboshi gasped as he felt Kaika rub himself against his own aching arousal. He cried out, arching upwards. Moaning even more as he felt their members rub against one another, he tilted his head to the side, panting in pleasure. Kaika gave his own moan of satisfaction, slowly sliding his body downwards. Licking around and then inside Suboshi's bellybutton, his fingers quickly made short work of Suboshi's pants, then his own clothing.

Nude, he purred in contentment as his body rubbed wantonly against Suboshi's. The sensations were just so exquisite. His eyes twinkled mischievously as he lowered his lips, licking around the tip before taking his brother's erection into his mouth.

Throwing his head back, Suboshi screamed, arching off the bed. Pleasure swarmed all over him, plaintive mews escaping his lips as his brother worked him over, pleasuring him. His eyes closed, Kaika all but purred at the taste of the young man beneath him. He was so sweet and inviting. Shivering in pleasure, he engulfed Suboshi, bopping his head back and forth as he stroked Suboshi.

Gasping for breath, Suboshi moaned, thrashing underneath his brother. Panting, he arched upwards, screaming as he came hard into his brother's mouth. Kaika purred, licking Suboshi clean before leaning up. Suboshi moaned, feeling their bodies pressed so close together. He started to moan once more as Kaika pressed his fingers inside Suboshi, stretching him and preparing him. Biting his bottom lip, Suboshi tried to relax himself. It had been so long…

He screamed, arching upwards as his brother hit that special spot inside him and all he knew was pleasure. He bit his bottom lip until it bled, thrusting back on those delicious fingers. He moaned in protest as Kaika removed them, but soon was moaning all over again as he felt his twin press his own aching member against his entrance.

Both twins cried out as Kaika pushed in, his hands parting Suboshi's legs wider to allow him to push in all the way. Moaning, Suboshi wrapped his legs around his brother's waist, pulling him all the way as he pulled Kaika down for a hot, passionate kiss.

The brothers stayed like that for what might have been hours or minutes before Kaika gave into the need to start moving. Both moaned in synch, pleasure, as they'd never known filling every pore of their bodies as they moved against one another.

Moving together as one, the twins seemed to spiral upwards together as one. Long forgotten love, desire and friendship swirled around them as they were finally joined as one, as they'd always believed themselves to be. Their lips fought for dominance in an intricate dance as their bodies moved together, one receiving and the other taking. It was exquisite the way they moved together, each seemingly knowing instinctively what to do for the other.

Suboshi panted, closing his eyes as he thrashed underneath his brother. He moaned, his head shaking from side to side as pleasure became his only world. He finally screamed, coming hard against his brother as Kaika took a hold of Suboshi's member and stroked it lightly. Kaika soon followed, his own shout almost deafening as pure ecstasy flowed over both of them.

Sagging on the bed, Suboshi's head fell to the side, his eyes closed. A whispered, "ai shiteru, aniki," drifted from his lips moments before he fell into a blissful sleep.

Kaika blinked, rubbing his eyes. What did the boy say? It had been muffled so he couldn't hear it properly. Shaking his head, he ran his hand over the young boy. His fever was gone. He'd be all right now. Groaning as he pulled away almost reluctantly, he quickly washed, then did the same for the young man before wrapping him in a warm blanket. Dressing, he grabbed his cloak.

Looking back at the sleeping boy, his eyes softened. He wondered if he'd ever see him again. Probably not. With one last look behind him, he opened the door and left. His parents would be missing him and he certainly couldn't stay with the young man.

As the door shut, Suboshi whimpered in his sleep, as if he knew his brother was leaving…for the final time.

~owari~