Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ You'll Never Be Alone ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You'll Never Be Alone

Author: Shiva of Ice

TV/Game Series: Fushigi Yuugi

Genre: Original

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: FY is not mine, nor are the characters.. I do own Mitsukai and Poco though.. Steal them and the eraser monkey will come after you! He'll chew you're head off as well! *evil laughter*

Random Junk:

Shiva: Oha-oha-oha!!! *running around, on a sugar high*

Jynxie: *sweatdrops* Baka yaro…

Shiva: WWWWWWWWIIIIIIINNNNNNKKKKKKIIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! *runs into a wall* I-t-a-i..

Jynxie: *shakes head*

Eraser Monkey: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! *throws eraser crumbs every where, like always*

Chapter 1

"Well, welcome to my home.."

Mitsukai and Chiriko walked into the small, but spacious shrine, to no one in particular, Chiriko just took in that it was used to live in and nothing else. Poco wobbled in, the wood and paper door staying open.

"If you're friends call you're name we'll be able to hear them.."

Chiriko nodded and she lead him over to a small table. "Take a seat and I'll go make us something to eat.. Poco'll keep you company.."

"Poco," he muttered, under his breath as the older woman walked into another area. He ran his hand through the animals soft fur, causing it to makes sounds of happiness as it was beginning to drift to sleep.

"So," came Mitsukai's voice from the other room. "Tell me about your friends.."

Chiriko blinked. "Well.." he began, thinking. "Nuriko's the strangest of my friends.."

"Nuriko? Sounds like a girls name.."

"But he isn't, he's a man.."

A light laugh came from the other room. "So, why is he so `strange'?"

"He dresses and looks like a woman."

"I see.."

The scent of something delicious lingered in the air and Chiriko blinked, Poco now asleep as he still ran his hand through the dogs fur.

"Tasuki has a temper and he's always getting into fights with Tamahome, plus he yells a lot as well."

"Is that why you ran away?"

"I-I didn't run away!"

She came from the other room, holding two bowls and set them on the table Chiriko was sitting in front of went back into the other room, to get two pairs of chopsticks and two cups of tea.

A few moments later she came back in and placed those down as well and sat across from him. "Chiriko.."

He looked at her, blinking.

"You have more then just those three, don't you?"

He nodded, picking up the chopsticks and began to eat, looking thoughtful as he did so. He swallowed.

"Yes, I also have Chichiri, Mitsukake and Hotohori.. As well as Miaka.."

The last male name hit her and she coughed, choking on her tea. "Y-you mean the emperor?"

Chiriko nodded, sipping at the tea, setting the cup down.

"I didn't know you knew him.." she tapped her chin with her chopsticks, going back to eating.

A long silence passed between them and she then looked at Chiriko. "Miaka.. That name sounds a bit familiar."

He looked at her. "It's because-" he stopped himself, mentally slapping himself for almost slipping.

`I can't let her know Miaka's the miko of Suzaku..'

She blinked and smiled. "Don't worry, you don't have to tell me anything.. I won't force it out of you.." Her smile disappeared and she looked at Poco. "Ah, Poco-kun.. You fell asleep again.. Suppose to be guarding, Poco-kun.."

"I think I put him to sleep.. I was petting him and he just went out."

Chiriko looked at her when she began to laugh, the tea cup nearly falling out of her hands from her laughter. "He is one lazy dog but still, I admit it. I don't know what I would if he wasn't around, by far he's the only friend I've ever had."

"Really?"

She nodded, sighing gently, setting the tea cup down, a look of pain in her eyes. "I lost my parents when I was five and I then went to live with my aunt, the only living relative I had. But, a few years later, on my eighth birthday, she got killed too.. It was a horrible present to get, the news of her death."

Chiriko blinked, looking down. "I'm sorry to hear about it."

Mitsukai looked at him, eyes widening at his regretful and innocent tone. "I-it's ok!" she said, flashing him a bright smile and he looked at her. "I've gotten over it.. All that happened a long time ago."

Chiriko only nodded, watching her drink her tea in silence.

"I hope you may not find me rude.."

"Why would I?"

"..but.. how old are you?"

A blush crept along her face and she looked around, blinking. "Um.. um.." she looked at her lap. "I'm twenty-five.."

Chiriko watched her blush deepen even more at what he said next. "I should introduce you to Tasuki, I think he'd like you."

Her eyes widened even more.

"Ch-Chiriko.. U-uhh.. l-lets talk about something else!"

He cocked his head to the side, in a child-like manner and blinked and nodded.

An hour passed and the two were sitting outside, under a cherry blossom tree, Poco wandering around, looking for intruders.

"I see.. Out of all your friends you like Miaka and Chichiri the best.. But what about Hotohori?"

Chiriko shrugged, looking at the pink blossoms. "I like him but.. Miaka and Chichiri are the nicest ones.."

"I see.." She blinked, placing her hand over his, squeezing it. "You'll find other friends, Chiriko."

He looked up at her, blinking.

She looked at him, giving him a soft smile. "Really, you will.."

"Others like you?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You're really nice, pretty too.. You remind me of Miaka and Nuriko, put together into one.. I don't know, maybe its how you look.."

She laughed, happily. "Why, I guess I should be flattered.." She moved her hand from his and set it on her lap. "I'm happy to hear that you think I'm nice."

He blinked, looking at her. "You're also my friend.."

She got a clueless look. "I am?"

"Yes.." He smiled at her. "I can trust you and thats what you need in friendship!"

"Thats true, I believe that truthfully. Trust comes first."