G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Death's Angel ❯ Veil of the Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death's Angel

By: Shadow Mage

A/N: Hey people! This is my first G Gundam fic so be easy on me here! I'm sorry to say but I have a couple things to say before the actual fic starts. This is a rather heavy-duty fic and not for the young ones. Heh heh. I am in the middle of writing a horror fic for Suikoden 3 so a little bit of that is rubbed off here but none of the horror stuff. Here let me give you a run down of what this fic does have and how bad it is:

Violence: Goes hand and hand with Gundam isn't it? Yes it will have violence; both hand to hand and Gundam to Gundam. It will be graphic at times.

Gore: Yeah it goes with violence doesn't it? But be warned squeamish people be ware but wait I'M squeamish…does that mean I can't write

Yaoi/ Yuiri: Naw, no in this fic. I hate to say it but G Gundam just doesn't have characters that make good yaoi pairings without making it unbelievable. So you all luck out this time.

Pairings: Domon/ Raine, Sai Saici/Cecile, Chibodee/Shirley, and George/Marie Louise. These are the pairings until…further notice. (cackles madly)

So that's about it to watch out for. You have been warned. Please read and review!

Part 1: Veil of the Night

"And he knew fear such as had not been his to know, as he looked at She who smiled at him and said, 'None shall cheat Lady Death.'"

- King's Man and Thief by Christie Golden

The raven veil of night settled over the colony of Neo Scotland as it did upon the house of Macneil that night. Seamus Macneil decided to go to bed early that night, as one of the contenders to become the fighter for his country he needed all the rest he could get. He was going to train hard tomorrow because the tournament to see who would be the fighter was only a couple days away. After saying goodnight to his mechanic John, he went up stairs. Tossing his shirt in the corner in got into the bed and turned the light off. Soon after his breathing became slower and deeper and he drifted off into deep sleep. That's when the shadows began to move.

A deeper darker shadow flitted across the room moving from shadow to shadow. The shadow stood on the wall opposite of the bed watching and waiting. The moon rose higher and the milky moonlight with its radiant hands fell into the room illuminating it. The shadow struck. With liquid grace it crossed the room with one bound. Seemingly materializing out of the darkness the shadow took shape. It became a tall figure cloaked in a black mantle. Death incarnate.

Macneil moved in his sleep, a troubled look spreading itself across his face. He felt himself wake up. Something was wrong. He was having a dream about wining the Gundam Fight when he smelled roses. That wasn't right, something was intruding into his dreams. He cracked an eye open to see what it was. His eye widen in shock as it focused on the shadow that hung above him. But before he could even open his mouth to scream a steely blur arced down. In a trail of crimson Seamus Macneil's severed head rolled down off the bed and onto the floor.

The figure stood there and watched as his body gave its last final twitch and settled into a pool of its own blood, which obscenely clung to the pure ivory pillows and sheets. However as quickly as it appeared it moved back against the wall then bolted out of the window and disappeared into the arms of the welcoming night leaving nothing behind but blood and the vague scent of death.

It wouldn't be until early the next morning that Seamus Macneil's corpse was found. John had entered and seen the bloody ruins of the once great fighter. He stood there in horror looking down at the head of his friend. He ran off out of the house and into the street looking for help that would be of no use. There alone sat Macneil's head his sightless eyes looking to the ceiling he would never see again and his lips parted in a scream that would never be heard.

The dead tells no tale.

~~*~~

Domon watched the news with mild interest as he ate his breakfast. The young reporter stood in front of the camera his face haggard and pale. "This morning approximately 6 AM Seamus Macneil was found dead in his house, an apparent assassination. Somewhere in between the hours of 10 PM and 6 this morning an assassin snuck in and decapitated him. This is the fifth assassination of a fighter here in Neo Scotland. This leaves only 5 of the original 10 contenders who were to fight to become the representative for Neo Scotland. Police here say that they haven't found any clues to find who has been committing such horrible crimes. There are no suspects and arrests. The suspect is still at large. The other fighters are going to be put under police supervision. I'm Terry Roberts for Channel 7 news."

Domon sipped his coffee as Rain strode in taking a seat next to him. She cast her blue eyes over to him concern over his troubled look. "What's the matter Domon?" she asked her gentle voice breaking him out of his reverie.

"Huh? Oh nothing just that murders in Neo Scotland. There's something wrong with them." He muttered as he looked away from the TV to look at his wife. Even now he still couldn't believe that they had been married for over three years. He counted everyday as a blessing. Now that the14th Gundam Fight was approaching he savored every minute of this peace. However there was something bothering him. It was the assassinations. Every time one happened his crest would start to burn. Something was amiss and he wanted to know what it was.

"Your crest has been hurting hasn't it? Domon…" her voice trailed off as Domon took her delicate hands in his own. He brushed his lips across against her soft skin and looked up deeply into her eyes, a trick he had learned from George. He had no idea how to express his love to Rain so he had turned to George who seemed to know how to please a woman. So in exchange for the lessons in romance he now owed George something and it scared him ever time he wondered what he could want in return.

"Don't worry Rain, it'll be okay." He smiled as she gave him a dazzling one. The sudden ring of the phone interrupted their intimate moment and the two looked over to the den of their small house. Getting up Domon hurried over to the phone. "Hello?" he asked as he brought the phone to his face.

"Hey there Japanese!" the ever-confident voice of Chibodee Crocket answered back.

"Chibodee. What can I do for you?" he asked as he took a seat on the arm of his couch.

"I'm fine thank you. How is Rain? That's great." The obvious sarcasm made Domon roll his eyes.

"You are so not funny." He mentioned, "Seriously Chibodee what do you want? I take it this isn't a courtesy call."

"Goddamn Japanese, you made a joke. Damn this universe is going to hell in a hand basket." It was really too bad that the Neo American fighter wasn't there at that moment. Oh the possibilities. "But yeah you're right there is. Have you seen the news lately?"

"You have felt it too haven't you? The crests?" Domon sobered up a bit and he could almost feel Chibodee do the same.

When the Neo American answered his voice had lost the teasing lilt to it. "Yes, so you felt it too. You wouldn't happen to know what it is?"

"No but it worries me. Something bad is brewing. I can feel it." Domon said putting a hand on his forehead. A feeling of urgency filled him as his mind lingered on the murders and the feeling behind them.

"So then, we have nothing on it. What do you think we should do?" Chibodee asked him his tense nerves evident even over the phone.

Domon sat there in silence for a minute as ideas flickering quickly through his mind but then he sighed heavily. "There's really nothing we can right now. Hopefully whoever is responsible will be caught and this will all be over soon."

"I guess your right. I'll tell the others too."

"Will you? Thanks Chibodee." Domon smiled in relief though he knew the other man couldn't see it. It must have been in his voice though because Chibodee caught it.

"Don't sweat it man. Take care of yourself and Rain too, because if you don't I'll be more then happy to do it for you."

"I'm sure you will. Goodbye Chibodee." He said as he place the phone back in its cradle. He let his body fall over to his right and into the welcoming embrace of the soft couch. The others were on it too. At least everyone was on their toes. Hopefully who ever was doing it were only after the Neo Scotland fighters. Not that he wished death on them it was just that he hoped it only had the intention of trying to choose the Neo Scotland fighter for itself. He hoped it was nothing more, that this black feeling was just his imagination.

"Domon?" Rain came over and took a seat on the couch placing his head on her lap. He looked up at her his dark eyes catching hers. She brushed an ebony lock from his face as she spoke to him. "Is everything okay?"

He smiled at his wife and sat up. Taking her in his arms he said. "Even if it isn't it will be. I promise you Rain I will make it okay." She smiled at the passion in his voice and she knew everything would be. Domon the King of Hearts would protect her and this world. Then the sunlight that had filled the room darkened as dark storm clouds rolled in.

~~*~~

"Ceridwen! Where are you?!" a deep voice called out in the huge foyer of a huge mansion. A tall man stepped out from the foyer and ascended the long wide stairs that ran to the second story. "Come on Cer, answer me!" he ran a hand through his short caramel colored hair.

"Alan?" Two deep blue eyes peeked from behind a mahogany door at him and a tall woman stepped out.

"So that's where you were. Dammit I thought the assassin had gotten you don't scare me like that." The young man cursed as Cer hugged him close.

"Aw, it's okay Alan I can take care of myself. After all I am one of the best fighters in Neo Scotland." She gave Alan a dazzling smile and released her mechanic and partner.

"Yeah I know but so was Seamus Macneil and he fell to the assassin's blade." He let a scowl taint his usually jovial face.

"Well I'm not as stupid and as egotistical as he was." She placed her hands on her slim waist.

"Well…" he looked away rubbing the back of his head,

"Damn you too." She mocked pouted and bounced down the stairs her brown braid swinging after her like a happy tail. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" she asked placing her hands on the railing of the banister looking up at the young man as he slowly descended after her.

"Oh yes, that." He drew the last word out as he casually waved it away.

"Alan." She glared hard at him as he broke out into a boyish grin. "Meanie" she poked him in the side of his blue overalls.

"Alright, alright don't get your knickers in a twist." He spoke through his English accent. She had been in the center of a major controversy because of that very fact. She had chose an English man instead of a Scotsman for her partner, but she wouldn't have it any other way. He was simply the best there was in the British Isles. Not to mention they had been best friends since they were toddlers, but that never came into the decision, honest.

"The police are coming at 6 PM to set up around the house." He said and caught the sour look on her face. "It's for your own good." He added, "I don't want anything to happen to you."

She rolled her eyes. Do they think she is made out of porcelain? She was a fighter albeit one of the only females in the whole of the Federation but still. It bothered her that even today there was this gender bias, but she couldn't help but feel that there was more to his words than what he was saying. Or maybe it was something she was hoping for to be there. "And?" she spoke looking towards him her eyes locked on his emerald green ones.

"And that Morrigan is up and running again." He smiled as she grinned maniacally at him.

"Truly?" she could barely keep he joy in check. During one of her practices her Gundam Morrigan had been damaged. He had chastised her for being so reckless but she needed to train hard if she was to become her country's representative.

"Yeah, go and see yourself." He chuckled as she bolted from the house and towards the huge bay that housed the huge Gundam. Slowly he walked after her. She always managed to amaze him, that even though she was 22 years old she could act like such a kid. But then again this was Cer that he was talking about.

Cer sprinted to the bay her arms and legs pumping hard as she reached the huge metal door. She walked in and stared up to the huge Gundam that stood before her. Tall and elegant it was shaped into a female form to better suit its fighter. The sunlight of the glorious remains of the afternoon filtered through the high windows and bounced off the black, white, and deep purples of the Gundam.

Ceridwen gave a lopsided grin as she climbed up the scaffolding and walked towards the cockpit. She ran her hand over the smooth cold metal and hit the button that made the door swing open. She stepped into the round cockpit. The machine hummed to life as she stepped in and took a look around. "You did a nice job Alan." She called out as she heard footfall come up the stairs.

"You bet I did. Especially after the mess you made of it after that little practice you had with it." He stood there hanging in the doorway of cockpit looking down at her as she took a seat on the floor.

"Thank you." She batted her long lashes at him and giggled as he rolled his eyes at her. "I mean it thanks. Umm, did you…"

"Yeah I put in the pattern of the suit you wanted. Purple on the legs and arms and a black bodice, right?" he grinned just like Morrigan Anesland from her favorite video game Darkstalkers. Which made one think that her Gundam was named after that character but that wasn't true. Naw the meaning was deeper than that. The Morrigan, that's who it was named after. The Scottish goddess of War, The Morrigan was also known as the "Great Queen" and "Queen of the Fey". A perfect name for one he thought would most defiantly become the fighter for Neo Scotland.

"Yup, that's it." She got up and gave him a hug. She looked up into his green eyes then frowned.

"What?" he asked having no idea what he could have possibly done in the last four seconds to offend her.

"You are taller then me." She pouted. The fact was although she was tall he was taller than she was. She took pride that she was tall enough to stare most men dead in the eye. But he was a different story. He was taller then most men which men she couldn't intimidate him like she could other men. Boohoo for her.

"Sue me. It's not my fault." He grinned as he received a play swat from his best friend.

"Anyway thanks." She said. "Think I can take her out for a spin?" she flashed him what she thought was a charming winning smile.

"Uh no. I don't think so." He walked out from the doorway and back out to the scaffolding.

"Why not?" she inquired as she followed him down to the bottom.

"You know that you have a tight schedule this week and we have to follow it. The tournament is only the day after tomrrow. You have too much to do and I can't have you risk damage to Morrigan. I am only one man and it takes a while to get the dings you seem to put into it." He looked down to her as she grabbed his strong arm.

"Please? Just for a little ride?" putting on her puppy face she looked at him but then frowned as he shook his head.

"No now we have to go meet the police then there's dinner then bed. No time." He brushed her braid off of her shoulder.

"Fine then tomorrow." She sighed in resignation as the walked back to the house as day fell into night bringing the darkness with it. However something came along with it. A shadow that stalked the night had arrived.

End of Part 1: Veil of the Night

A/N: Well what did you think? Please read and review and let me know if I should continue or not! Well thanks for reading! Hopefully I can update soon, if ya all want me to! Ja na!

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -